ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Superstitions/are you superstitious..?.. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263800)

Ammi 02-09-2014 07:05 AM

Superstitions/are you superstitious..?..

..I'm not sure why I try never to walk on pavement cracks but I don't..I don't tend to walk under ladders if I see someone at the top because it just seems logical to avoid it as something could fall on your head but I don't see myself as a superstitious person really....

..do you avoid pavement cracks/walk under ladders/ever open umbrellas indoors/feel gloom descend if a black cat crosses your path or if you break a mirror..do you have 'lucky' underwear/lucky socks/a lucky charm etc..?...do you have superstitions..?....

LeatherTrumpet 02-09-2014 09:22 AM

I always say "morning Mr Magpie hope you have a nice fly" when I see one

Sophiee 02-09-2014 10:15 AM

not at all. I used to be a little bit with certain things like having 'lucky socks' and then I realized it was stupid :laugh:.

Niamh. 02-09-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 7234848)
I always say "morning Mr Magpie hope you have a nice fly" when I see one

Gav always has to do that, I make sure I always point them out for him so he has to say it :hehe:

and no, I'm not even the slightest bit superstitious

T* 02-09-2014 10:19 AM

Yes, and I opened a black umbrella in my house a few weeks ago D:

Ninastar 02-09-2014 02:15 PM

Yeah I am but not in the 'if you step on a crack' blah blah blah ways...

like 6 months ago, I went through a phase of drawing certain symbols to freak my sisters out. I'd do it on post it notes and leave them around the house and they'd get freaked out because I acted like it wasn't me. It was horrible symbols (satan symbols and the swastika WHICH I REGRET)... Anyway, bad things started to happen.

My rabbit died, I lost my eyelashes and my car had over £150 of damage all within the same two weeks. I started to get really down so I stopped drawing the symbols. My bad luck stopped and I've not done it again just in case lol.

I was going to make a thread (probably will later) about how my family members in the past all had a 'spiritual' connection with the world. My Dad has had a real premonition which happened as he slept. The Aunt in his dream saw her Dads last breath when he died... I heard my Grandma say my name the first time we stayed at my grandads house after she died.

It sounds crazy, but I believe that only some people are born with a 'spiritual' connection to the world and I'm one of them. At my grandads house, I'm the only one who has ever really experience proper encounters. I've had quite a few.

I know people will be laughing at me, but it's just my opinion. I don't believe in God or anything like that, but I'm slowly starting to believe in something 'spiritual'.

Bad things happen to me when I've done something I know I shouldn't have done. Like I've been having awful nightmares the past week and I couldn't think of why. Then I realised I had been ignoring my ice bucket challenge (which i've laughed about and called stupid) and ended up doing it the other day and I've not had one nightmare...

So long ass post but yeah, I kind of do believe in 'superstitions', but not in the classic way. If that makes sense.

Ninastar 02-09-2014 02:15 PM

basically im a wizard

AnnieK 02-09-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 7235223)
basically im a wizard

Aw.... I hate being a muggle :fist:

I'm terribly suspicious of magpies (vile birds), I also avoid ladders, cracks in pavements and all other kinds of stupid stuff.....

GypsyGoth 02-09-2014 04:30 PM

I'm not superstitious, I used to walk under ladders on purpose to see if anything bad would happen, and nothing ever did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 7235222)
like 6 months ago, I went through a phase of drawing certain symbols to freak my sisters out. I'd do it on post it notes and leave them around the house and they'd get freaked out because I acted like it wasn't me. It was horrible symbols (satan symbols and the swastika WHICH I REGRET)...

Your poor sisters, gurl you needz a hobby.

Ninastar 02-09-2014 04:30 PM

That was 6 months ago you ducking bitch!!!!!!

GypsyGoth 02-09-2014 04:31 PM

Okay! Well 6 months ago you needed a hobby!!!! :hmph:

Ninastar 02-09-2014 04:36 PM

What's the point in bringing up the past you mess!!!!!

GypsyGoth 02-09-2014 04:40 PM

You brought it up first, you double mess!!!

Ninastar 02-09-2014 04:44 PM

http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/294208.jpg

GypsyGoth 02-09-2014 04:46 PM

:omg:

Jessica. 02-09-2014 04:50 PM

No, not at all, I don't walk under ladders in case they fall on me. I don't really believe in luck, I do not believe in karma one bit, I don't think the universe decides a path for us, life is just life.

Samuel. 02-09-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 7235556)
No, not at all, I don't walk under ladders in case they fall on me. I don't really believe in luck, I do not believe in karma one bit, I don't think the universe decides a path for us, life is just life.

This

Ninastar 02-09-2014 08:57 PM

I believe in karma tbh

Kazanne 02-09-2014 08:59 PM

Not at all,I think we make our own luck.

Redway 02-09-2014 10:48 PM

Nope, not in the slightest.