ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB 1 - 5 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=549)
-   -   Boris Johnson Lined Up For CBB! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26413)

Sophii3x 03-11-2006 08:36 AM

Boris Johnson Lined Up For CBB!

Quote:

November 03, 2006

GAFFE-prone MP Boris Johnson is being lined up to star on Celebrity Big Brother.

Producers want the hapless Tory education spokesman to be this year’s political contestant after George Galloway’s infamous stint in the last series.

An insider said: “We’re talking to Boris because he is absolutely the right person we want on the show. Not only is he hilarious but he’s also a bright bloke who’ll stir up some interesting debates.”

But Boris will need the approval of Tory leader David Cameron.

Show bosses hope Mr Cameron will see it as a great opportunity to reach out to younger voters.

One said: “Cameron is all about appealing to younger voters with his blog etc, so he might allow Boris on.

“That said, Boris is known for being deliberately controversial so it could be more trouble than it’s worth.”

Producers would also need to get around strict broadcasting codes that regulate the exposure of politicians on TV. Boris is infamous for getting himself into trouble with his comments.

He recently put his foot in it after criticising Jamie Oliver’s school food campaign — and encouraged people to call the overweight “fatso”.

He also hit the headlines after allegations he cheated on his wife — earning him the nickname “Bonking Boris”.

Other rumoured names for the next series of the Channel 4 reality show include Baywatch star David Hasselhoff and 80s singer Adam Ant.

Princess 03-11-2006 02:10 PM

Oh god no not another politican. George was bad enough. His cat antics still haunt me to this day *shiver*

Dan_ 03-11-2006 02:49 PM

He would be a good housemate.

cc100 03-11-2006 02:54 PM

This would be a masterstroke!

Boris is one of the funniest men in Britain, no doubt about it.

REVOLUTION 03-11-2006 02:58 PM

David Hasseloff????? i thought he will be in IAC well he wil be making the right choice CBB is better then IAC

Sophii3x 03-11-2006 04:34 PM

I think he'll be really good
I saw him in the NTA and he sounded really funny

James 03-11-2006 07:27 PM

David Cameron will never let him do it. Not after Galloway last time.

cc100 04-11-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by James
David Cameron will never let him do it. Not after Galloway last time.
I agree with you, unfortunately. He would be great entertainment.

That said, he often presents Have I Got News For You and had his own history series recently.

Chilltown 04-11-2006 08:22 PM

The Hoff on CBB!? He's getting huge in America. He's gone from D List to Middle B List. If he's on CBB he better win it. It would be amazing to see David Hasselhoff as a Big Brother Winner.

Hippy 11-11-2006 03:20 PM

Boris would be great in CBB!

Rory 27-11-2006 12:14 AM

...I don't know anyone political in Britain. *sigh*

Maxxie. 11-05-2017 09:01 PM

If only this happened