ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=650)
-   -   Gary using "Discombobulation" in a sentence.IS that a sign of brain damage ? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264310)

cfromhx02 06-09-2014 11:11 PM

Gary using "Discombobulation" in a sentence.IS that a sign of brain damage ?

Gary used the word "discombobulation" tonight in a sentence in a rather complicated point.

Using that word and the way he quickly linked points togteher and used a complicated argument certainly were not signs of brain damage.

Remember he's an actor. He's been conning most of you all along.

ThriceShy 06-09-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfromhx02 (Post 7248337)
Gary used the word "discombobulation" tonight in a sentence in a rather complicated point.

Using that word and the way he quickly linked points togteher and used a complicated argument certainly were not signs of brain damage.

Sorry but where in any medical journals or papers does it suggest that the effects of brain damage include not being able to say discombobulation?

All brain injuries are unique and people have different symptoms.

One common effect of brain damage is not bothering to shower and needing reminding to do things like that. Yet the Gary slaters still slate him for not showering for a few days.

Josy 06-09-2014 11:17 PM

It's a sign that he is a well spoken person, not to mention intelligent which isn't a surprise.

You seem to have a habit of completely misinterpreting the point of things to twist them to your advantage to prove Gary is this terrible, nasty person, in this thread it's what symptoms of brain damage and injury actually is and how they can affect certain individuals in different ways.

I suppose we are going to get constant threads like this now since there isn't actually anything major that Gary has done wrong in the house that can be used to attempt to turn people against him.

joeysteele 06-09-2014 11:17 PM

He also still has a memory, he is not senile or suffering from dementia.
You don't have to have operations to your brain if you have no damage to it. Likewise you don't have to have dementia to have suffered brain damage either.

He will still have language skills, he can be and is very articulate. I see no reason to doubt at all he has genuine problems in the house due to his brain injuries from the past but it doesn't mean he should be unable to communicate.

ThriceShy 06-09-2014 11:21 PM

This thread has to be the most ridiculous yet.

Gary hit his head on the pavement and was in a coma for 4 weeks. he has since had 2 brain operations.

But we can forget about that because he can say a word with 6 syllables.

I wonder when the Anti Gary posters will realise they backed the wrong horses.

Pincho Paxton 06-09-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

If Gary said... "I have had brain surgery which makes me discombobulated."

Would the paradox end the Universe?

MojoNixon 06-09-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Brain damage is different thing than dumb.

jaxie 06-09-2014 11:23 PM

Why do you keep starting countless threads trying to discredit Gary? What's the point? We aren't stupid, weak arguments aren't going to sway us over what we see.

jegmeister 06-09-2014 11:26 PM

The anti-Gary threads are reaching new heights of ludicrousness.

Gary DOES have brain damage - we know from independent medical advice - he is assessed all the time because of the damage that was done to his head during his motorbike accident.

As to how much it's affecting him, it's difficult to definitely prove but again medical evidence has suggested it may be worse than first thought.

So I can't really understand what the purpose of this thread is.

ThriceShy 06-09-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jegmeister (Post 7248369)

Gary DOES have brain damage - we know from independent medical advice - he is assessed all the time because of the damage that was done to his head during his motorbike accident.

As to how much it's affecting him, it's difficult to definitely prove but again medical evidence has suggested it may be worse than first thought.

The thread wreaks of desperation.

I just have an image of a neurosurgeon doing his rounds on the brain ward.

"So Mr Busey, you were admitted four weeks ago with head injuries. You have been in a coma ever since. Can you just say the word discombobulation?.......Excellent. You can discharge this patient, nurse."

:laugh:

JTM45 06-09-2014 11:31 PM

So Gary's faking having had a life-threatening accident which resulted in severe brain trauma now is he ?:facepalm:

The desire of some people to bring others down to their level so they can feel better about themselves really is sad. Just look how stupid it's making James look!:shrug:

Black Dagger 06-09-2014 11:33 PM

Wow, you're trying too hard

Forgetmenot 06-09-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Brain damage does not mean the guy is not sane or retarded fir goodness sake. Many people who suffer brain damage change dramatically and brains can and do 'rewire' look it up, so they can appear totally different than they were before character, personality wise but still have intellect and competent use of vocabulary..Gary is super bright, dies not mean he is a liar or a con man but even if he were the latter, so what, rest of them all co artists and venomous ones at thst.

Shaun 06-09-2014 11:38 PM

Ah, you've played the "he's an actor so he must be having us on!" card. You've joined such illustrious soothsayers and astute character analysts as Sallie Axl and Helen Wood. Brava.

delta 06-09-2014 11:44 PM

Head injuries are funny things.

You can be lucid and coherent one moment and out of it the next or any time parameter in between or beyond. You can be pleasant one moment and awkward and irritable the next.

I don't think he's playing anyone. I also think he's really enjoying himself and that he will actually miss the whole experience.

joeysteele 06-09-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTM45 (Post 7248375)
So Gary's faking having had a life-threatening accident which resulted in severe brain trauma now is he ?:facepalm:

The desire of some people to bring others down to their level so they can feel better about themselves really is sad. Just look how stupid it's making James look!:shrug:

Very well said JTM45.

Jules2 06-09-2014 11:52 PM

Some are just wind up merchants and they love to get a reaction.

Redway 07-09-2014 12:36 AM

Quote:

Brain damage/injury and being thick are not interchangeable terms.

MojoNixon 07-09-2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jegmeister (Post 7248369)

Amen.

JayBlaze 07-09-2014 01:18 AM

Gary is a smart man with a big vocabulary, his main problem in the house is his lack of hearing. Being partially deaf doesn't make you dumb.

Amy Jade 07-09-2014 01:26 AM

Dear me you're really reaching now. This thread doesn't even deserve a proper response.

Patricia4 07-09-2014 07:10 AM

It look's to me that on here we have Audiologist and brain Surgeon's my goodness its getting worse sit back and enjoy BB and have your comment but no need to get rude and nasty but its all Gary's fault when thing's go wrong I forgot that.

bitontheslide 07-09-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricia4 (Post 7248626)
It look's to me that on here we have Audiologist and brain Surgeon's my goodness its getting worse sit back and enjoy BB and have your comment but no need to get rude and nasty but its all Gary's fault when thing's go wrong I forgot that.

Seems to me we have people that will go to any lengths to try and discredit Gary, not dissimilar to how the other housemates are treating Gary in the house

delta 07-09-2014 07:21 AM

Loved it when he threw the word discombobulate in. What a fupping star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the head injury and deafness both can come and go and on the hearing side of things it depends where the noise is coming from, the pitch of the noise etc.

Head injuries and keeping your mental faculties are not mutually exclusive. It rather reminds me of the comment Audley made to Kellie re: He still had his rapier tongue and Kellie replied " Audley I have had a sex change not a head transplant"

ebandit 07-09-2014 08:48 AM

good

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBlaze (Post 7248482)
Gary is a smart man with a big vocabulary, his main problem in the house is his lack of hearing. Being partially deaf doesn't make you dumb.

and gary told james 'my hearing is good'..........i'm still trying to work that one out

Mark L