ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=650)
-   -   Leslie is THROUGH with reality TV (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265168)

Braden 19-09-2014 10:38 PM

Leslie is THROUGH with reality TV

Here's what he had to say about his experience on the show:

Quote:

Sitting in my place in Los Angeles contemplating my recent trip to London. I have to honestly say, it was one of the most challenging things I have ever done in my 33 year career. To put it mildly, I am THROUGH with reality TV. Unless it is something that would portray me in a better light. I was so naïve about the Big Brother franchise. I had no idea they would use hunger and sleep deprivation to bring out the worst in all of us in that house. But it was what it was. I am pretty sure that this group of housemates pulled the best "numbers" ratings wise of any of the other housemates in 15 years of being on the air. THE SHOW WAS FRAUGHT WITH DRAMA. AND FOR THE FIRST 12 DAYS BEFORE I WAS VOTED OUT FOR BAD BEHAVIOR, MOST OF THE DRAMA WAS COMING FROM LITTLE OL ME!!! I used the "F" word constantly, I screamed like a banshee, I said the most awful things you can imagine (the whole UK seemed to be screaming "you stinking French slut!" when I came out of the house and giving me the thumbs up). Oh well. It was what it was and apparently all is forgiven. I got emails from Frenchie hoping to keep in touch as she lives in Malibu and she even invite me to her birthday party. And Kellie invited me to meet her adorable 13 year old daughter so we had a nice Mexican meal before I left London. And at the Finale, all the members of the house, even Gary Busey, who I had the most problems with introduced me to their families and such. So I guess it is just the "nature of the beast" but I do not plan to continue a career in reality TV. I WANT TO ACT AND PERFORM WHICH IS WHAT I DO BEST!!!!! AND SOMETHING THAT I HAVE A LITTLE MORE SAY IN HOW I'M PORTRAYED!!! But... I must say, the Big Brother producers treated me like... well... a CELEBRITY... and I will be eternally grateful for their support in getting me through that mess.
He should have never went on the show tbh, he is worth more than BB as an entire franchise and was too diva/showbiz for the experience.

Still love him as a person, and he was a brilliant hm. And tbh he seems generally gracious towards the whole thing, just not really the sort of person who would fit into casually.

Jake. 19-09-2014 10:44 PM

'get the **** outtaaa hereee!' >

But no, good little read, glad to see they all put aside their differences afterwards

Marsh. 19-09-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

I am pretty sure that this group of housemates pulled the best "numbers" ratings wise of any of the other housemates in 15 years of being on the air.
:umm2:

Did nobody inform him that Big Brother's heyday was a decade ago?

Shaun 19-09-2014 10:49 PM

what a babe.

Braden 19-09-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 7276705)
:umm2:

Did nobody inform him that Big Brother's heyday was a decade ago?

That's what I though too. He hasn't seen BB at its worst. :laugh:

MB. 19-09-2014 10:50 PM

If he felt that strongly about it, then surely he should have quit while he could rather than indulging in all sorts of stinking French sluts and the like? :think:

Marsh. 19-09-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 7276711)
If he felt that strongly about it, then surely he should have quit while he could rather than indulging in all sorts of stinking French sluts and the like? :think:

And they portrayed him in a bad light as opposed to him behaving that way. :think:

karl100589 20-09-2014 12:53 AM

I don't think he seems overly bitter about his experience, more just something he did which he in hindsight realised was a mistake.

Great housemate though.

reece(: 20-09-2014 03:11 AM

Love Leslie <3

LaLaLand 20-09-2014 03:12 AM

If ITV have any sense they should snap him up for the jungle, he'd be a smash on it! Maybe not this year but next.

ruiphillips 20-09-2014 07:14 AM

Queen Leslie spilling some tea

Pete. 20-09-2014 07:16 AM

Isn't this similar to his rant about Frenchy after he was evicted. So still pressed? :fan:

kirklancaster 20-09-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 7276711)

I think Leslie was writing 'post-CBB' following a great deal of cold self-analysis and -probably - after watching recordings of the show. I find it very telling, and ironic, that this diminutive, self confessed gay man - a GENUINE celebrity - has displayed a thousand times more testosterone and manliness in owning up to his abhorrent behaviour and apologising for it, than the closeted Dancing queen Jane Jordan, 'Mr Personality' Pricci Guacamole and 'Don't Part Me From My Momma's Tit' George Gilbey.... Oh, and not forgetting Truffle Pig '****e Dee' Smelly - a man in drag if ever there was one. Good on Leslie. :wavey:

Jamesy 20-09-2014 08:03 AM

To be fair our Big Brother is up there as one of the worst/most controversial ones. So him thinking the show got high figures is probably right. :laugh: Can't blame him though as he is American and won't have a great insight into our version.

It's interesting that he mentions hunger and sleep deprivation. I would say he's just being dramatic. But I really don't think that's far off the truth.

Gusto Brunt 20-09-2014 09:47 AM

I still can't get over he's just turned 60.

I thought he was about 80. :eek:

Mick 20-09-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 7276909)
I think Leslie was writing 'post-CBB' following a great deal of cold self-analysis and -probably - after watching recordings of the show. I find it very telling, and ironic, that this diminutive, self confessed gay man - a GENUINE celebrity - has displayed a thousand times more testosterone and manliness in owning up to his abhorrent behaviour and apologising for it, than the closeted Dancing queen Jane Jordan, 'Mr Personality' Pricci Guacamole and 'Don't Part Me From My Momma's Tit' George Gilbey.... Oh, and not forgetting Truffle Pig '****e Dee' Smelly - a man in drag if ever there was one. Good on Leslie. :wavey:

Well said and I totally agree.Whatever his honest post show regrets he was a great HM and I felt that it was a shame that he was evicted before some of the others.

Cal. 20-09-2014 10:28 AM

http://exhalecdn.breatheheavy.com/pu...lt/7i4sTyP.jpg

Suze 20-09-2014 10:33 AM

He shouldn't have yelled "you stinking French slut!" at Frenchie, that was just nasty, but it did make me laugh out loud for some reason :D All said and done, drama queen antics and all, he was a great housemate for the time he spent in there.

Josy 20-09-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

I am THROUGH with reality TV. Unless it is something that would portray me in a better light.
They can only show what you actually do....

daniel-lewis-1985 20-09-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braden (Post 7276695)
Here's what he had to say about his experience on the show:

He should have never went on the show tbh, he is worth more than BB as an entire franchise and was too diva/showbiz for the experience.

Still love him as a person, and he was a brilliant hm. And tbh he seems generally gracious towards the whole thing, just not really the sort of person who would fit into casually.

Ever heard of Google Leslie?

"I am pretty sure that this group of housemates pulled the best "numbers" ratings wise of any of the other housemates in 15 years of being on the air"

Pincho Paxton 20-09-2014 11:12 AM

If BB keep pushing the lack of sleep, and arguing they will kill off the show.

Suze 20-09-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7276988)
They can only show what you actually do....

Oh I don't know, they obviously showed what James 'didn't' do/say that he is the 'Brad Pitt of Dancing' :laugh2: according to James with that viewer on the phone :joker:

hijaxers 20-09-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Is She? (Post 7276973)

Wherever did ya get that lovely pic of Dee from ?

kirklancaster 20-09-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hijaxers (Post 7277255)
Wherever did ya get that lovely pic of Dee from ?

:joker::joker::joker: