ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   10 Years ago today (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265268)

Locke. 22-09-2014 01:51 PM

10 Years ago today

Marc 22-09-2014 01:52 PM

one of the most overrated tv programmes to have ever been made

Niamh. 22-09-2014 01:52 PM

If only they ended after season 2, it would have been incredible :'(

Drew. 22-09-2014 01:53 PM

http://i.imgur.com/bVYsOyu.png

Locke. 22-09-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 7281096)
one of the most overrated tv programmes to have ever been made

This is the "10 years ago" thread, think you were supposed to click the "20 years" one again

Marc 22-09-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 7281103)
This is the "10 years ago" thread, think you were supposed to click the "20 years" one again

Nope. 'fraid not

Locke. 22-09-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 7281104)
Nope. 'fraid not

'fraid so http://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/cust...r64493_357.gif

Marsh. 22-09-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 7281098)
If only they ended after season 2, it would have been incredible :'(

Season 3. :nono: When we meet divine Juliet.

However much I hated the direction it went in and some of their stupid decisions, those first three seasons are still some of the best TV ever made. I have to give them that. :flutter:

Liam- 22-09-2014 01:57 PM

I have no idea what TV show this is, but Happy Anniversary anyway :clap1:

Marc 22-09-2014 01:57 PM

The pilot was good but meh the rest

Locke. 22-09-2014 01:58 PM

A whole week dedicated to the show from DS - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s10...oQBcDjGowp5wAw

Think I'll do the same on here, 5 new threads a day for the next 7 days

Niamh. 22-09-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 7281111)
Season 3. :nono: When we meet divine Juliet.

However much I hated the direction it went in and some of their stupid decisions, those first three seasons are still some of the best TV ever made. I have to give them that. :flutter:

I loved the first couple of Seasons but the rest was all crap used to drag it out for as long as it was bringing the money in plus the ending was unbelievably stupid

Locke. 22-09-2014 02:01 PM

The ending >>>>>>

Niamh. 22-09-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 7281122)
The ending >>>>>>

:nono:

It was terrible

Spoiler:

they basically ended it the exact same way as they'd planned to from day one except everyone already guessed what that was going to be so they added in some stupid alternative reality crap so that it's not the same but it really is

Marc 22-09-2014 02:03 PM

I still don't know what happened in the end, did they all die?

Locke. 22-09-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 7281124)

It was terrible

Spoiler:

they basically ended it the exact same way as they'd planned to from day one except everyone already guessed what that was going to be so they added in some stupid alternative reality crap so that it's not the same but it really is

Spoiler:

What do you mean? Purgatory? Everyone had speculated near the start that the Island itself was purgatory, which it wasn't. I guess the flash-sideways was similar to it, but not the exact same and definitely not the Island.

Locke. 22-09-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 7281127)
I still don't know what happened in the end, did they all die?

Guess we can disregard all your earlier posts in the thread then.

Marsh. 22-09-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 7281121)
I loved the first couple of Seasons but the rest was all crap used to drag it out for as long as it was bringing the money in plus the ending was unbelievably stupid

It was terrible by the end. I detest season 6.

But the last half of season 3 up to that flash forward. :flutter: Brilliant arc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 7281124)

Spoiler:

:clap1: Spot on.
Spoiler:

They threw in the flash sideways stuff to make it different and because they'd had the characters get off the island and stuff so it could no longer be that they were dead from the beginning. But had it ended before season 4 they'd have been dead the whole time. :laugh:

In fact, I might watch 'The Man Behind the Curtain' tonight. Not seen it for years. :lovedup:

Marc 22-09-2014 02:08 PM

Nope you can not. That would be rude

Niamh. 22-09-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 7281132)
Spoiler:

What do you mean? Purgatory? Everyone had speculated near the start that the Island itself was purgatory, which it wasn't. I guess the flash-sideways was similar to it, but not the exact same and definitely not the Island.

Spoiler:

I'd bet my life that originally the Island was purgatory but because everyone predicted that straight away they had to change it a bit, also because they had to drag the whole thing out as well because they wanted to cash in

Locke. 22-09-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 7281136)
Spoiler:

I'd bet my life that originally the Island was purgatory but because everyone predicted that straight away they had to change it a bit, also because they had to drag the whole thing out as well because they wanted to cash in

Spoiler:

Maybe, but I'd like to think they'd know how that'd have been too obvious. They had always known the actual final shot of the show anyway (Jack's eye closing), and I don't really see how that itself could fit with the Island being purgatory, unless they had to die to move on from it or something.

Was the network that wanted to keep it going as well, I think the creators had planned for 5 seasons and the network for 8, so they ended up coming with the compromise for 6.

Niamh. 22-09-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 7281146)
Spoiler:

Maybe, but I'd like to think they'd know how that'd have been too obvious. They had always known the actual final shot of the show anyway (Jack's eye closing), and I don't really see how that itself could fit with the Island being purgatory, unless they had to die to move on from it or something.

Was the network that wanted to keep it going as well, I think the creators had planned for 5 seasons and the network for 8, so they ended up coming with the compromise for 6.

Spoiler:

Personally, i think the Island itself being purgatory would have been a better ending anyway, obvious or not. Just because something is a little obvious doesn't mean it's bad or that writers should change it imo. I would have thought that you'd have to die in purgatory to move on, once you'd graduated or whatever

Marsh. 22-09-2014 02:20 PM

Graduated. :laugh:

I always thought that's what the smoke monster was about. It decided when you were ready to move on to whatever came afterwards.

Yeah, I remember the episode count was reduced so that they could spread the remaining episodes over more years.

Niamh. 22-09-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 7281167)
Graduated. :laugh:

I always thought that's what the smoke monster was about. It decided when you were ready to move on to whatever came afterwards.

Yeah, I remember the episode count was reduced so that they could spread the remaining episodes over more years.

I don't know what the word for that is :fist:

LukeB 22-09-2014 02:26 PM

What is this show?