ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2014 [S11] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=656)
-   -   Can Lauren win? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267111)

Marc 04-11-2014 07:05 AM

Can Lauren win?

Can she do it?

I think it'll require a lot of people going off Andrea and Ben's popularity stagnating

Vicky. 04-11-2014 07:11 AM

I think Andrea peaked wasy too soon...people will get used to him being fantastic every week and either stop bothering to vote or come down really hard on him when he has a bad week

Ben I dont think is popular enough to win tbh, as much as hes my fave

If Lauren keeps growing the way she is, then I think its hers

LeatherTrumpet 04-11-2014 07:14 AM

She needs to up her game but i think she is too young

Vanessa 04-11-2014 08:28 AM

Yes, i think the winner will be one of these : Lauren, Andrea or Ben. All three have strong fanbases.

Vanessa 04-11-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 7357903)
I think Andrea peaked wasy too soon...people will get used to him being fantastic every week and either stop bothering to vote or come down really hard on him when he has a bad week

Ben I dont think is popular enough to win tbh, as much as hes my fave

If Lauren keeps growing the way she is, then I think its hers

That's fine. Andrea will do better as a runner up. I don't want him with Syco.

ruiphillips 04-11-2014 09:46 AM

Fingers crossed, I need another female winner. However, she is more likely to finish as a runner-up.

alex_front2 04-11-2014 09:47 AM

Yes only she and Ben can beat Andrea (Jay if he can get enough 40+ bored housewives moist).

Lauren will get a deal irregardless of winning though. She has a place in charts as a way way way less talented Adriana Grande type. Simon looks at her as if she is :€€€€€$$$$££££££

Tom4784 04-11-2014 10:13 AM

You can tell the production wants to put the breaks on the Andrea train, probably don't want another winner that releases an album on Mother's Day and then disappears into the ether.

Lauren or Jay are most likely to win although I can definitely see Fleur taking an Alexandra-esque route through the competition, constantly good performances but doesn't build traction until the mid point of the series.

ruiphillips 04-11-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 7358001)
You can tell the production wants to put the breaks on the Andrea train, probably don't want another winner that releases an album on Mother's Day and then disappears into the ether.

Lauren or Jay are most likely to win although I can definitely see Fleur taking an Alexandra-esque route through the competition, constantly good performances but doesn't build traction until the mid point of the series.

Sadly, I see Fleur getting a Misha B take-down before the final.

alex_front2 04-11-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruiphillips (Post 7358002)
Sadly, I see Fleur getting a Misha B take-down before the final.

Agree. Won't want Alex Burke scenario to win again, sadly. :bawling:

They have done a good job "cleaning up" Lauren and making her seem relevant (contrast with Lola's frumpy outfits and sets)

Mystic Mock 04-11-2014 04:13 PM

The housewives have started to turn on Lauren so she won't win sadly, even if she did pull off a full uptempo number.

Jay has got this won as his mainstream, cheesy, reasonably attractive to the housewives, and he gets consistently the best song choices every week.

The problem Fleur will suffer from is she's a rapper, and when she doesn't do Rap Music (which is a niche genre in itself) she will alienate her own supporters and her singing voice is not good enough to aid her.

Mystic Mock 04-11-2014 04:13 PM

The housewives have started to turn on Lauren so she won't win sadly, even if she did pull off a full uptempo number.

Jay has got this won as his mainstream, cheesy, reasonably attractive to the housewives, and he gets consistently the best song choices every week.

The problem Fleur will suffer from is she's a rapper, and when she doesn't do Rap Music (which is a niche genre in itself) she will alienate her own supporters and her singing voice is not good enough to aid her.

JoshBB 04-11-2014 04:17 PM

I think she could.