ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2014 [S11] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=656)
-   -   Big bands songs revealed . (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267402)

erinp5 14-11-2014 05:53 PM

Big bands songs revealed .

The latest X Factor 2014 song spoilers are here, so who’s singing what on this this weekend’s show? SPOILERS!

Saturday’s sixth X Factor live show will see a return of an old X Factor favourite: Big Band week.

Each of the contestants will be singing a classic track accompanied by a 30 piece orchestra.

After last weekend’s twist latest elimination a total of eight acts now remain in the competition.

Cheryl and Mel B are now both down to just the one act but Simon Cowell still has all four of his Overs, including wild card Stevi Ritchie.

Once all have performed again tomorrow night the judges will each give their comments but it’ll be the public who once again decides which two hopefuls face elimination in the bottom two sing off on Sunday night’s results show.

Here’s the latest X Factor song list!

X Factor 2014 songlist – Week 6 / Big Band song choices

Andrea Faustini
Summertime (by Ella Fitzgerald)

Lauren Platt
Smile (by Nat King Cole)

Only The Young
I Wanna Be Like You (From The Jungle Book)

Stereo Kicks
Still TBC!

Ben Haenow
Cry Me A River (by Michael Buble)

Fleur East
Bang Bang (byJessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj)

Jay James
Empire State of Mind/New York New York medley (by Alicia Keys/Frank Sinatra)

Stevi Ritchie
Mambo Number 5/ She Bangs medley (by Lou Bega/Ricky Martin)

What do you make of the song choices? Add your comments below!

The X Factor starts at 8PM on Saturday night with the latest results show on Sunday evening, featuring performances from Nicole Scherzinger and Olly Murs

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the...#ixzz3J4R05ORl
Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook

Black Dagger 14-11-2014 05:54 PM

Oh I was late this week :laugh:

:lovedup: at Fleur reprising Bang Bang, she's safe with that, no need to worry.

Urgh at the same old Smile, Cry Me A River though, Ben is so MOTR now that it's painful.

erinp5 14-11-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _LucasMichael_ (Post 7371960)
Oh I was late this week :laugh:

:lovedup: at Fleur reprising Bang Bang, she's safe with that, no need to worry.

Urgh at the same old Smile, Cry Me A River though, Ben is so MOTR now that it's painful.

:hehe:
Stereo Kicks
Still TBC! :shrug:

Black Dagger 14-11-2014 05:57 PM

Yeah they changed their song today for some reason, they'll be a god damn mess tomorrow.

Vanessa 14-11-2014 05:57 PM

Andrea has one of my favourite songs ever! OMGGGG! :cheer2:

girlfighter24 14-11-2014 06:00 PM

I really like Ben song choice

erinp5 14-11-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _LucasMichael_ (Post 7371965)
Yeah they changed their song today for some reason, they'll be a god damn mess tomorrow.

consistent then .:joker:

Drew. 14-11-2014 06:00 PM

Only The Young

What on earth are they thinking

Vanessa 14-11-2014 06:01 PM

:flutter:

erinp5 14-11-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew. (Post 7371978)
Only The Young

What on earth are they thinking

aimed at the cbeebies age group then .

Liam- 14-11-2014 06:06 PM

Summertime is in my top 10 favourite songs of all time, Andrea is going to smash it :lovedup:

Everyone else.. I'm not too excited for really.

Shaun 14-11-2014 06:09 PM

OTY vs. SK bottom two then since SK have left it 'til last minute

yaaaaaas @ me predicting Fleur's choice :flutter:

Vanessa 14-11-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamPRW (Post 7371992)
Summertime is in my top 10 favourite songs of all time, Andrea is going to smash it :lovedup:

Everyone else.. I'm not too excited for really.

I knew Andrea liked jazz! I saw a clip of him singing at a jazz festival in Italy and he was AMAZING! :love:

Mystic Mock 14-11-2014 06:20 PM

Fleur cheating the theme as it's not a Big Band song, and I remember how Jamie Archer was received doing a U2 song in his series on Big Band and I don't see how this is any different.

And Andrea will be slaughtered by Leona fans.

Mystic Mock 14-11-2014 06:20 PM

Fleur cheating the theme as it's not a Big Band song, and I remember how Jamie Archer was received doing a U2 song in his series on Big Band and I don't see how this is any different.

Liam- 14-11-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mockinator (Post 7372010)

It seems like Simon can do whatever he wants since it's his show :/

And I'm a Leona fan but i hated her version of Summertime, i much preferred Ruth's, but I'm sure Andrea is going to put his name on it.

Strictly Jake 14-11-2014 06:22 PM

I think for once they have all got it spot on, apart from Louis! Shows what a naff mentor he is. I thought it would be only the young vs stereo kicks bottom two anyway and it looks like I might be right. So excited for Fleur and Ben my two favourites in the competition :) I think Andrea is going to be the stand out of the night

Amy Jade 14-11-2014 06:23 PM

Leona singing Summertime >

Andrea is such a cliché

Cherie 14-11-2014 06:26 PM

Bang Bang is not a big band song, :nono: but at least we have been spared Mack the Knife

Vanessa 14-11-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 7372022)
Bang Bang is not a big band song, :nono: but at least we have been spared Mack the Knife

:worship:

Liam- 14-11-2014 06:28 PM

The best version of Summertime I've heard on a singing show is Fantasia from AI, hopefully he does something similar to that.

Mystic Mock 14-11-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamPRW (Post 7372014)
It seems like Simon can do whatever he wants since it's his show :/

And I'm a Leona fan but i hated her version of Summertime, i much preferred Ruth's, but I'm sure Andrea is going to put his name on it.

It's annoying because if Lauren, Ben, or Andrea did their own style of Music on Big Band they would be crucified, especially by the “uptempo” crowd.

Shaun 14-11-2014 06:30 PM

really, nobody cares

Fleur would never enter into a world of releasing big band music, and I wish the UK's fixation with tedious, soulless pudding-faced crooners like Buble and Groban would piss off.

the theme, really, is that they're all going to be performed by a live band there on the night. Forcing them all to sing songs that were out 60 years ago is neither productive nor interesting.

Liam- 14-11-2014 06:33 PM

It doesn't matter what genre they're going to go out into after the show though, it's about there being a theme and people sticking to it, they should be able to show their versatility.

Look at the backlash Tulisa got when she gave Little Mix a Kesha song on rock week, there was uproar, so i don't see how it's fair for Simon to ignore the theme himself.

Mystic Mock 14-11-2014 06:35 PM

Don't say it's Big Band week if one of them is going to skip it.