ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=650)
-   -   Big Brother's Big Archive: The 2014 Reality TV Awards (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267820)

karl100589 21-11-2014 10:23 PM

Big Brother's Big Archive: The 2014 Reality TV Awards

Hey everyone, it's Karl from BBBA once again.

I just came to message everyone to tell you that we are in the process of developing our 2014 Christmas Special for this year, we like to take a break from the traditional format for the festive season, for this year we will be holding an award ceremony looking at the best and worst aspects of reality TV over the course of the year, not only through Big Brother UK but also celebrity versions, foreign versions of the show (such as America and Canada), Survivor, The Amazing Race, The Apprentice, Strictly you name it.

We have nine categories to choose from, and all four of me, Karl, Joe and Paul will select a shortlist of nominees to put forward and discuss on the show before settling on a winner. The categories in question are:

-Best Series
-Best Moment
-Best Male
-Best Female
-Worst Male
-Worst Female
-Best Surprise Package (contestant, series or moment that surpassed expectations)
-Biggest Disappointment
-Biggest Dumbass

We hope to record next week and get the show uploaded, in the meantime feel free to discuss who you would shortlist in each category if you were broadcasting.

Speak to you all very soon.

Daniel. 23-11-2014 01:11 PM

Luisa, Ashleigh or Frenchy for best female

JoshBB 23-11-2014 01:17 PM

Sarah (the apprentice) for biggest dumbass.

karl100589 23-11-2014 04:58 PM

Well we have discussed it between ourselves and we have come up with the shortlists for each category. The format for this was each of me, Karl, Joe and Paul would take turns to nominate a contestant for each category, the order rotating each time to allow for people to make their first choice whenever possible, so that each category would have four nominees chosen by the each of us. This meant some big names missing out, but a system that was fair to gauge the consensus of the group.

Below is the shortlist and who nominated them. And we'll reveal our reasons for these votes and the eventual winner in the broadcasted show. And by PM-ing me you can have a say in the eventual outcome:

SERIES OF THE YEAR
Joe- Celebrity Big Brother 14
Karl B- Celebrity Big Brother 13
Karl D- Big Brother Canada 2
Paul- IAC 14

MOMENT OF THE YEAR
Karl B- Frankie Grande not winning America’s Favourite Player (BBUS)
Karl D- Leslie and Frenchie’s Argument (CBB14)
Paul- 18+ task (CBB13)
Joe- Jake Wood sambas the Macarena (Strictly)

BEST MALE
Karl D- Kenny Brain (BBCA2)
Paul- Jim Davidson (CBB13)
Joe- Gary Busey (CBB14)
Karl B- Donny Thompson (BBUS)

BEST FEMALE:
Paul- Angelique 'Frenchie' Morgan (CBB14)
Joe- Bianca Del Rio (RPDR)
Karl B- Neda Kalantar (BBCAN)
Karl D- Luisa Zissman (CBB13)

WORST MALE:
Joe- Lee Ryan (CBB13)
Karl B- Frankie Grande (BBUS)
Karl D- Mark Byron (BBUK 15)
Paul- Steven Goode (BBUK 15)

WORST FEMALE:
Karl B- Helen Wood (Big Brother 15)
Karl D- Linda Nolan (CBB13)
Paul- Dee Kelly (CBB14)
Joe- Sarah Dales (The Apprentice)

SURPRISE PACKAGE:
Karl D- CBB14’s first week
Paul- Jim Davidson (CBB13)
Joe- Alison Hammond (Strictly)
Karl B- Liz Jones (CBB13)

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT:
Paul- BBUK 15
Joe- Gemma Collins (IaC)
Karl B- BBUS 16
Karl D-Big Brother Australia 2014

BIGGEST DUMBASS:
Joe- Kira Dikhtyar (The Face)
Karl B- Cody Califiore (BBUS)
Karl D- Lee Ryan (CBB13)
Paul- Zoe Birkett (BB15)

Daniel. 24-11-2014 12:22 AM

Where is Ashleigh Coylehttp://exhalecdn.breatheheavy.com/pu...ault/MGLOL.gif

Macie Lightfoot 24-11-2014 01:58 AM

Aside from the whole Jim Davidson/Linda Nolan slant, I don't know what's more alarming - Kenny Brain being a choice for Best Male or Sarah Dales being a choice for Worst Female.

Daniel. 24-11-2014 02:28 AM

Linda Nolan <3

karl100589 24-11-2014 09:02 AM

I want to clarify some of my own opinions on here just so people know that it's not me that they're upset with in regards to the nominations.

-Ashleigh missing out was largely due to the system that we had with all four of us getting one nomination for each category only. When it came to my vote I was torn between choosing Ashleigh and Neda for my nomination and I had to go with Neda as she was the stronger character. She would have made my own personal shortlist however. This IMO would have been averted though if Joe hadn't of completely wasted his vote.

-Unfortunately with the rest of the group I am in the minority with the Jim and Linda consensus, personally I felt that Jim did have a good storyarc during Celebrity 13 but it was one which was terribly contrived and IMO hid a lot of Jim's negativity to try and shoehorn him into the heroic underdog role, incidents like the Frank Carson one show me a guy who knew exactly what he was doing and the public took the bait. Linda wasn't perfect by any means and probably played the biggest part in Jim winning, but I saw a lot of justification for her being upset.

Kenny was in my eyes a sanctimonious jerk who was incredibly arrogant and self-righteous about his status in the house, the way he treated Ika after the letter shredding was awful and although Karl will have his opinions on why he considered him best I honestly cannot see it at all. In my opinion he's the second worst contestant in BBCAN after Andrew, and even that's close.

Sarah was IMO harmless, trainwreck fun that you need in any series of the Apprentice, and again I see this as a wasted Joe vote.

Macie Lightfoot 24-11-2014 06:00 PM

oh trust me Karl, you definitely proved yourself as the better Karl and best nominator xxx

JoshBB 24-11-2014 06:10 PM

sarah should have been on dumbass not worst female tbh. "CHOP THE LEMONS!!!!"

LemonJam 26-11-2014 09:04 AM

-taps toilet brush on bucket to shiw how strong the toilet brush is-

Sarah <3 the Sarah/Steven/Ella Jade firing was such a travesty.

Macie Lightfoot 30-11-2014 09:30 AM

after some reconsideration Sarah deserves to win worst female. That's one award she's worked so hard for *turns plastic glove inside out and fumbles with it*