ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB15 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=660)
-   -   Ken insists he is not racist (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270282)

Calderyon 13-01-2015 05:57 PM

Ken insists he is not racist

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big...ot-racist.html

Marsh. 13-01-2015 05:58 PM

That's what a racist would say.

I suppose his best mate is black too? :idc:

chuff me dizzy 13-01-2015 05:59 PM

Why should he have to explain himself ? his mind,his views

Marsh. 13-01-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 7480017)

If he insists on making those views public....

chuff me dizzy 13-01-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 7480024)

His business no one else's

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 13-01-2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 7480024)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 7480031)

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/05/nonsense.gif

Pete. 13-01-2015 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose McGowan (Post 7480041)

:laugh:

Cherie 13-01-2015 06:04 PM

Quote:

Who is he apologising to? People should change the channel if offended, is it not enough we have Marcus screeching a warning after every ad break :rolleyes:

Pete. 13-01-2015 06:04 PM

Of course he was racist especially after being told by Alexander not to use those words

Jose Mourinho 13-01-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 7480046)

Who is he apologising to? People should change the channel if offended, is it not enough we have Marcus screeching a warning after every ad break :rolleyes:

Probably apologising to the millions he offended. Just switch over if your offended? Hahaha!

Marsh. 13-01-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Except when he takes his business onto national television. Then people have a right to respond to those views.

chuff me dizzy 13-01-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 7480046)

Exactly, who can judge him? who does he have to answer to ? no one ....... isn't it pathetic Cherie the stupid announcements at every ad break !!

chuff me dizzy 13-01-2015 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Mourinho (Post 7480076)
Probably apologising to the millions he offended. Just switch over if your offended? Hahaha!

He didn't offend me

Jose Mourinho 13-01-2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 7480257)
he didn't offend me

maybe he did yo maybe he did not
but 1 thing ima tell yo ass incase yo forgot
theres a hundred million people living in the world today
and when i hear da ^&** ken b saying i wana scream oh lord! And pray
where have we ended up today?!!!

Dats all i gotta say ahhhh yeah signing out.

Marsh. 13-01-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 7480257)
He didn't offend me

You are not the centre of the universe honey.

chuff me dizzy 13-01-2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 7480295)
You are not the centre of the universe honey.

Im closer to the centre than some

Anaesthesia 13-01-2015 06:50 PM

The trouble is, Ken's generation were brought up using words that younger generations have since been made aware, could have racist connotations. Do I cringe if I hear my mother talking about coloureds? A bit. Do I think she is racist? 100% no. She is being innocent, and in her mind complimentary when she says that half-castes are very beautiful. It's just the label she learned.

Do I feel outrage that in the 70s there was an actual paint colour called n***** brown? I don't. I would if they brought out that paint colour today. Can you imagine if they tried to screen something like "Love Thy Neighbour?"

All I'm trying to say is that these were the words that were politically correct within that generation, and although they are not acceptable today, I know how difficult it is to adapt to new ways of expression sometimes. I think that racism, or any kind of -ism is really offensive if intended to hurt or demean By this token, and apologies for using the word "token", I think the real crime is ignorance rather than racism.

microscope 13-01-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 7480017)

Because he has been accused of being a racist, so he has to explain why he said the "N" word to convince people that he didn't mean it in a racist way. His explanation is that his only mistake was saying that "N" word, and I guess he thought it wasn't anywhere near as the "N" word that rhymes with Tigger. But he was wrong (so far as the rules of Big Brother is concerned)

Jose Mourinho 13-01-2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaesthesia (Post 7480369)
The trouble is, Ken's generation were brought up using words that younger generations have since been made aware, could have racist connotations. Do I cringe if I hear my mother talking about coloureds? A bit. Do I think she is racist? 100% no.

Do I feel outrage that in the 70s there was an actual paint colour called n***** brown? I don't. I would if they brought out that paint colour today. Can you imagine if they tried to screen something like "Love Thy Neighbour?"

All I'm trying to say is that these were the words that were politically correct within that generation, and although they are not acceptable today, I know how difficult it is to adapt to new ways of expression sometimes. I think that racism, or any kind of -ism is really offensive if intended to hurt or demean By this token, and apologies for using the word "token", I think the real crime is ignorance rather than racism.

I think the first sentence in your post sums up the defence he had in mind all along.. I also think seeing him on loose women, he knew that word was not acceptable anymore. Is he actually racist or simply trying to stir controversy and make a name for himself? I would go with the latter but the fact he was willing to upset so many people for what he though might earn him some kind of notoriety speaks loads about his character.

chuff me dizzy 13-01-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microscope (Post 7480392)
Because he has been accused of being a racist, so he has to explain why he said the "N" word to convince people that he didn't mean it in a racist way. His explanation is that his only mistake was saying that "N" word, and I guess he thought it wasn't anywhere near as the "N" word that rhymes with Tigger. But he was wrong (so far as the rules of Big Brother is concerned)

He HAS to explain ? Who does he have to CONVINCE not me, its none of my business what a chap on Tv thinks ,and cannot thinks who business it would be either

Pincho Paxton 13-01-2015 06:57 PM

I've heard he's the coloured sheep of the family.

chuff me dizzy 13-01-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaesthesia (Post 7480369)
The trouble is, Ken's generation were brought up using words that younger generations have since been made aware, could have racist connotations. Do I cringe if I hear my mother talking about coloureds? A bit. Do I think she is racist? 100% no. She is being innocent, and in her mind complimentary when she says that half-castes are very beautiful. It's just the label she learned.

True,as I said the other day i worked in a decorating shop in the late 60s where we sold paint of that colour

Jose Mourinho 13-01-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 7480402)
He HAS to explain ? Who does he have to CONVINCE not me, its none of my business what a chap on Tv thinks ,and cannot thinks who business it would be either

He has to convince the many people he DID offend, which may not include yourself, may not include others, but noone can deny it includes a LOT of people.

Anaesthesia 13-01-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Mourinho (Post 7480397)
I think the first sentence in your post sums up the defence he had in mind all along.. I also think seeing him on loose women, he knew that word was not acceptable anymore. Is he actually racist or simply trying to stir controversy and make a name for himself? I would go with the latter but the fact he was willing to upset so many people for what he though might earn him some kind of notoriety speaks loads about his character.

If this is what he is trying to do, he is a complete a**e. I've not seen Loose Women, but if he is deliberately being a twat when he knows better, he deserves all he gets.

chuff me dizzy 13-01-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Mourinho (Post 7480411)
He has to convince the many people he DID offend, which may not include yourself, may not include others, but noone can deny it includes a LOT of people.

He has every right to tell them to sod off and look at their own sorry lives