ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Brother Designs (fan made) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   My First Attempt At A Title Sequence (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275152)

AProducer'sWetDream 01-04-2015 07:51 PM

My First Attempt At A Title Sequence

Hi everyone,

I've never posted before but I recently had a go at making my first Big Brother title sequence, so here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNS3ApBrjH0

I didn't create the eye myself, but used one which I found online that was made by Daniel Eatock and not used for a series. As I said, this is my fist ever attempt at a title sequence so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou and I hope you enjoy it!

Marsh. 01-04-2015 07:53 PM

Hi AProducer'sWetDream :)

Jake. 01-04-2015 08:01 PM

It could do with a bit of work (I'd personally get rid of the two people standing near the end and perhaps have things go a bit more sped up), but good for a first attempt

zakman440 01-04-2015 08:06 PM

A) Fantastic username. Welcome to the forum :).
B) Great titles for a first try!

Daniel. 01-04-2015 08:07 PM

Hi Perez hun x

AProducer'sWetDream 01-04-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake. (Post 7675445)
It could do with a bit of work (I'd personally get rid of the two people standing near the end and perhaps have things go a bit more sped up), but good for a first attempt

Thankyou! I definitely agree about the pace, and it's something I'll work more on as I add other elements into the sequence (I'm thinking of replacing things like the barbed wire and people at the end with some shots of the house as they are a bit dull). :spin:

AProducer'sWetDream 01-04-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 7675437)
Hi AProducer'sWetDream :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakman440 (Post 7675453)
A) Fantastic username. Welcome to the forum :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel_ (Post 7675456)
Hi Perez hun x

Hi everyone, it's great to be talking to you all and thanks for taking the time to reply! :wavey:

Jøsh 01-04-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AProducer'sWetDream (Post 7675466)
Thankyou! I definitely agree about the pace, and it's something I'll work more on as I add other elements into the sequence (I'm thinking of replacing things like the barbed wire and people at the end with some shots of the house as they are a bit dull). :spin:

I like the barbed wire, it gives to a old BB 2000 effect.

andybigbro 01-04-2015 09:46 PM

I actually think it's amazing!

I love it, love the splash at the "16 housemates" part! It's very creative!

Well done! :D And welcome to the forum :wavey:

RichardG 01-04-2015 10:00 PM

i love it :amazed:

Raph 02-04-2015 12:41 AM

Terrific first attempt! Welcome to the forum :)

Rob! 02-04-2015 01:50 AM

Hey, welcome :)

I like these! I like the ink blot theme you've gone with (I also remember the eye that we almost had for BB12 :bawling: ) - my personal suggestion would be to build up a bit more on that theme - the scrolling book is very creative, but silhouettes of people is something a lot of people throw into fan made titles so maybe have some effect of ink being thrown at a page? I dunno what you can create with the software that you've got..and yeah as other people have said, make them a bit more frantic and fast paced.

Other than that, great first attempt :clap1:

Babayaro. 02-04-2015 06:58 AM

This is actually really good for a first attempt

emmetmcl 08-04-2015 04:38 PM

Very good.

As others have said it could be doing with being sped-up, and getting rid of the people; I don't mind people in the opening titles, but they shouldnt be so "clear" if you know what I mean. Also not a fan of the "16 housemates" and other such text written in the opening titles; the titles should be self-explanatory, plus it removes the possibility of twists later on.

On to the good things; the ink blots falling is nice, as the swilling ink in the background of shots. This, sped up, could look very cool indeed. Also, I like how it's very crisp and clean, black and white.

In summary, the same kind of idea, only sped up and with no "obvious" text would make it excellent.

Well done :)