ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The EU - Referendum - 23rd of June 2016 - in or out? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275255)

arista 09-02-2019 03:14 AM

"Had a former British soldier earlier on Sky news comments threathen "It won't b no surrender this time...this time you will all die" "

You can not use a Ex Soldier as a View of Next Month.
Lets find out as it happens.
No need for us to put up a border
so its the other sides choice.

Twosugars 09-02-2019 03:27 AM

Arista, it's 4 in the morning so bed, now!

arista 09-02-2019 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10437801)
Arista, it's 4 in the morning so bed, now!

I am at work
you need to go to bed

Cherie 09-02-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lime (Post 10437712)
But Cherie the Brexit voters had control of their own borders...the main border is between Ni and the Republic...So sad to see when even Unioinst farmers are saying they feel betrayed Britain had control over there borders .

When we come together as South Africans we know for many years is Bs..We can fly through many airlinens KLM...Air France..Lufthans..Iberia...I have lived in Ireland since 99 and only us migrants to Europe Know to avoid the Uk and it's cost's are very off putting...
At least in EU they value our input ...The Uk seems to think that that if your not one of them your one of us.It shouldnt be about us and them

Had a former British soldier earlier on Sky news comments theathen "It won't b no surrender this time...this time you will all die"

That will be why there are so many immigrants in the UK then :umm2: Lets face it you have a massive chip on your shoulder about the UK which I can't take away from you and that is your issue. What I am seeing is no dialogue from the EU as a way of resolution so it is either accept thee backstop or go to a hard border, that doesn't appear to me to be looking after Irelands interest at all rather their own.

bitontheslide 09-02-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10437833)
That will be why there are so many immigrants in the UK then :umm2: Lets face it you have a massive chip on your shoulder about the UK which I can't take away from you and that is your issue. What I am seeing is no dialogue from the EU as a way of resolution so it is either accept thee backstop or go to a hard border, that doesn't appear to me to be looking after Irelands interest at all rather their own.

that's exactly the point. The EU know that if they dont compromise on the irish border, the UK will be forced to go for a hard Brexit. Which means they have no concern for the good friday agreement at all so all their words on protecting ireland are complete bollocks

joeysteele 09-02-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10436561)
To Dangerous to Scrap
The PM used a Civil Servant to change the plan
she alone is at fault
She has the power to do any direction.

The PM is to blame I agree totally.

She has made a continuous almighty mess of the whole process

'She alone is at fault', your own words, should sum up this disastrous Prime Minister's time in the job, for me anyway.

lime 09-02-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10437833)

what dialouge do do want see? The hard Brexireers dont want one.....listen to them...they want no deal....Mogg farage also Banks...Jojo my be found funny in the country you founds home.in ireland..they insult us non stop

they say that the irish must Know their place...and use the food as leverage to making a deal:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:.....

but I am the one with the masive chip on my shoulder:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Sticks 09-02-2019 09:29 AM

There is a joke there somewhere about chips on shoulders and the Irish potato famine, but I can't think of it.

What I want to know, is when we come out without a deal on wto terms and a return to a hard border across Northern Ireland, can we tell the EU that they can just whistle for that £39b May offered to pay them?

Cherie 09-02-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sticks (Post 10437860)
There is a joke there somewhere about chips on shoulders and the Irish potato famine, but I can't think of it.

What I want to know, is when we come out without a deal on wto terms and a return to a hard border across Northern Ireland, can we tell the EU that they can just whistle for that £39b May offered to pay them?

oh ha ha, just like the story telling, don't give up the day job to be a comedian

lime 09-02-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10437841)
that's exactly the point. The EU know that if they dont compromise on the irish border, the UK will be forced to go for a hard Brexit. Which means they have no concern for the good friday agreement at all so all their words on protecting ireland are complete bollocks

First of all it is a British border not Irish...what compis do you suggest?
To say that the EU has no concern for GFA is laughable...when everyone globally knows it is not the Irish breaking the Un peace agreement...It's the DUP..sure they refused to sign up the peace deal...

Does that not telll you :shrug::shrug:

Cherie 09-02-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lime (Post 10437856)
what dialouge do do want see? The hard Brexireers dont want one.....listen to them...they want no deal....Mogg farage also Banks...Jojo my be found funny in the country you founds home.in ireland..they insult us non stop

they say that the irish must Know their place...and use the food as leverage to making a deal:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:.....

but I am the one with the masive chip on my shoulder:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

The Irish must know their place ...yes I hear May saying that all the time :umm2: You do realise that Parliament is spit on this, and even the parties themselves ...so how you come to the conclusion that everyone in the UK wants a hard Brexit is anyones guess

What is laughable is you thinking the EU is doing Ireland any favours

Cherie 09-02-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lime (Post 10437866)
First of all it is a British border not Irish...what compis do you suggest?
To say that the EU has no concern for GFA is laughable...when everyone globally knows it is not the Irish breaking the Un peace agreement...It's the DUP..sure they refused to sign up the peace deal...

Does that not telll you :shrug::shrug:

It tells you the DUP wants to remain part of the Union?

lime 09-02-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10437867)
The Irish must know their place ...yes I hear May saying that all the time :umm2: You do realise that Parliament is spit on this, and even the parties themselves ...so how you come to the conclusion that everyone in the UK wants a hard Brexit is anyones guess

Cerie i have seen you mention on many occasions that The Irish must be gratefull of the britsh bailling out the the Irish...We borrowed 7 billin off the British at a rate of 6 %...they borroewd this mun at a rate of 2 %.....the British bailed Ireland out of & billion ..please dont forget it was an 85billion bailout...sometimes you make it sound akin to someone getting their first morgate and saying my bank manger bouuht me a house

lime 09-02-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10437867)

i feel your post is mocking...I never said May said this but the DUP do so a daily basis:fist::fist::fist:

Cherie 09-02-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lime (Post 10437877)
Cerie i have seen you mention on many occasions that The Irish must be gratefull of the britsh bailling out the the Irish...We borrowed 7 billin off the British at a rate of 6 %...they borroewd this mun at a rate of 2 %.....the British bailed Ireland out of & billion ..please dont forget it was an 85billion bailout...sometimes you make it sound akin to someone getting their first morgate and saying my bank manger bouuht me a house

I have never once said Ireland should be grateful, that’s your misinterpretation of my words, I mentioned the bail out in the context of Ireland standing on its own economy

Cherie 09-02-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lime (Post 10437879)
i feel your post is mocking...I never said May said this but the DUP do so a daily basis:fist::fist::fist:

Well you are watching a different news cast to me, I have never heard this said

lime 09-02-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sticks (Post 10437860)

TBH sticks we in Ireland could give a flying fok about your money...we just al to stand to our peace deal

Oh my...An other one who does not understand the the the WTO...i find you folk quite endearing....love the fact that you....as a brit find the irish famine as a joke

Alf 09-02-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lime (Post 10437902)
TBH sticks we in Ireland could give a flying fok about your money...we just al to stand to our peace deal

Oh my...An other one who does not understand the the the WTO...i find you folk quite endearing....love the fact that you....as a brit find the irish famine as a joke

Us brits find a joke out of anything. After the war, we came back and made Dad's Army, making jokes about the war.

I suppose that's why we're known throughout the World for our sense of humour, you're supposed to respect our culture.

lime 09-02-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10437896)
Well you are watching a different news cast to me, I have never heard this said

cherie you are beter than this...Are you really telling me that in the UK how the DUP is so insulting to us Irish is not reported?..They said the Irish breed like vermon .

kinda believe you ..what they say about the Irish will not be said on British media:nono::nono::nono:

lime 09-02-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10437905)
Us brits find a joke out of anything. After the war, we came back and made Dad's Army, making jokes about the war.

I suppose that's why we're known throughout the World for our sense of humour, you're supposed to respect our culture.

you think throghout the world you are known for you sense of humour?

Sure didn't we all a great laugh when we seen the brits invading our land:conf:

Alf 09-02-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lime (Post 10437908)
you think throghout the world you are known for you sense of humour?

Sure didn't we all a great laugh when we seen the brits invading our land:conf:

I don't think it, I know it. The export of our humour throughout the World was my biggest clue.

lime 09-02-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10437916)
I don't think it, I know it. The export of our humour throughout the World was my biggest clue.

WRONG

we as Boers and irish find it insuling but not surprisig that you laugh at us Irish and Boers in British concertation camps

Alf 09-02-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lime (Post 10437938)
WRONG

we as Boers and irish find it insuling but not surprisig that you laugh at us Irish and Boers in British concertation camps

And you find in insulting because you don't have the same sense of humour as us, which is what I'm saying.

Laughing is more fun than crying.

Cherie 09-02-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lime (Post 10437906)
cherie you are beter than this...Are you really telling me that in the UK how the DUP is so insulting to us Irish is not reported?..They said the Irish breed like vermon .

kinda believe you ..what they say about the Irish will not be said on British media:nono::nono::nono:

When was this said and on what network?

I have heard these sort of comments in the past but not in recent times

Cherie 09-02-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lime (Post 10437938)
WRONG

You talk about the British perpetuating the them and us narrative? and you go on like this