ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The EU - Referendum - 23rd of June 2016 - in or out? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275255)

MTVN 20-02-2016 01:53 AM

Davey C has done it guys, lets all give him a big hand

JoshBB 20-02-2016 01:57 AM

I have a question for anyone who may know - will leaving the EU affect a british persons' freedom of movement to other EU states?

Northern Monkey 20-02-2016 07:48 AM

Reading what Cameron has actually come back with.It's pretty much nothing that's going to change anybodies mind.Apart from child benefit which he has actually failed on and only got a compromise he's come back with nothing of importance.His "Emergency brake" is only in place for 7 years and cannot be extended and only applies to new migrants.The other two things are just meh.

lostalex 20-02-2016 08:27 AM

well thank goodness this has been settled.

bitontheslide 20-02-2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBB (Post 8525614)
I have a question for anyone who may know - will leaving the EU affect a british persons' freedom of movement to other EU states?

you will still be able to travel, just you will need your passport. The freedom of movement thing within the EU was a relatively recent thing, there were never any issues wrt to travel before it was introduced.

joeysteele 20-02-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 8525613)
Davey C has done it guys, lets all give him a big hand

I actually do give him applause for some things I didn't myself think he would ever be able to get.

Now I really hope he can convince those eligible voters,to back his position and support staying in the EU.
He a year or so ago,seemed not so committed to the EU as he has become now over these last few months so he clearly has had a new dawn break probably on him after looking hard at life outside the EU for the UK.

There are many other things I wish he had a new dawn on too but right now,if he gets the result of this referendum he is recommending to the UK, this will certainly for me, be his finest achievement.

I think he actually did more than expected and furthermore, the possible ongoing thing from this is that a good number of the other Nations in the EU may take a closer look at things too from what he has started with these negotiations for the UK.

Yes definitely, credit where credit is due and he warrants all the credit he may get from this effort.

bitontheslide 20-02-2016 09:24 AM

I think the very important clause that we have now is that the EU will be ever closer integrated except the UK. This gives us an automatic ignore on any new laws etc that the EU feels like introducing.

The safeguards to the city of London are also very very important as the EU wanted to get its hands on that dosh. It was a looming disaster waiting to happen for the UK

Cherie 20-02-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBB (Post 8525614)

For travel there would be no issues, for work you would probably need a work permit, that is something the "out" campaigners will need to clarify

AnnieK 20-02-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 8525794)
I actually do give him applause for some things I didn't myself think he would ever be able to get.

Now I really hope he can convince those eligible voters,to back his position and support staying in the EU.
He a year or so ago,seemed not so committed the the EU as he has become now over these last few months so he clearly has had a new dawn break probably on him after looking hard at life outside the EU for the UK.

There are many other things I wish he had a new dawn on too but right now,if he gets the result of this referendum he is recommending to the UK, this will certainly for me, be his finest achievement.

I think he actually did more than expected and furthermore, the possible ongoing thing from this is that a good number of the other Nations in the EU may take a closer look at things too from what he has started with these negotiations for the UK.

Yes definitely, credit where credit is due and he warrants all the credit he may get from this effort.

Knowing you thoughts and feelings on Mr Cameron Joey, I have enjoyed reading your posts on this as I feel you are unbiased on this and although I am undecided still on the in / out vote, I feel I am getting some good pointers from you. Thank you

Kizzy 20-02-2016 10:37 AM

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/me...2016/02/18-19/

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/po...cess-timeline/

arista 20-02-2016 11:19 AM

The PM is talking Live - now
on all News

Give us the date

arista 20-02-2016 11:24 AM

23 June - Confirmed

smudgie 20-02-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 8525901)
The PM is talking Live - now
on all News

Give us the date

Thanks Arista, turned it on now.
Date confirmed.

arista 20-02-2016 11:32 AM

Kirk add 23 June
date to your title ,
please

Cherie 20-02-2016 11:32 AM

His speech was shorter than I expected, I guess he is knackered

AProducer'sWetDream 20-02-2016 11:48 AM

Could we maybe add a poll to this thread? It would be interesting to see how everyone will be voting on here.

bitontheslide 20-02-2016 11:52 AM

Hold on to your hats, this should keep us going till on season :dance:

arista 20-02-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AProducer'sWetDream (Post 8525943)
Could we maybe add a poll to this thread? It would be interesting to see how everyone will be voting on here.

Yes i hope Kirk will ask a Mod or Admin to do one

Simple

In

or

Out

of Europe

arista 20-02-2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8525927)
His speech was shorter than I expected, I guess he is knackered

Yes he trying to keep some MP's on his side
for the vote.

Some are not decided - even as MP's

lostalex 20-02-2016 12:00 PM

I think Any sensible British person would realize that the EU is a major power next door and it's much more beneficial to be part of it and privy to everything going on and at least have some kind of influence from within it.

You cannot change your geographic location UK, you will always be part of Europe, so you might as well have a say on what goes on in it. Better than just trying to bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't effect you.

It's always better to have as strong a voice as you can, and being a member of the EU gives you a much stronger voice than not.

Kazanne 20-02-2016 12:01 PM

Good on Mr Cameron,at least he has come back with something.I wonder how this will go?

arista 20-02-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 8525962)
Good on Mr Cameron,at least he has come back with something.I wonder how this will go?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...15_964x430.jpg

In or Out - Shake it All About

We need a comedy special on this
on TV

lostalex 20-02-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 8525969)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...15_964x430.jpg

In or Out - Shake it All About

We need a comedy special on this
on TV

Cameron's face definitely looks a bit red in that picture.

Kizzy 20-02-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 8525958)
I think Any sensible British person would realize that the EU is a major power next door and it's much more beneficial to be part of it and privy to everything going on and at least have some kind of influence from within it.

You cannot change your geographic location UK, you will always be part of Europe, so you might as well have a say on what goes on in it. Better than just trying to bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't effect you.

It's always better to have as strong a voice as you can, and being a member of the EU gives you a much stronger voice than not.

You would think, and as part of the UN we are, I'm really worried about our blossoming romance with China and pressure from Russia, I would say these are what is driving Cameron in his negotiations.

joeysteele 20-02-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 8525962)

:wavey::joker: Who'd have thought it possible, you and I agreeing to an action by David Cameron.
It is good on him and although I doubted he could get as much in only the last year,I now concede he has,as he even exceeded any expectations I had as to this issue.

It is a very important and serious issue however and so I totally support his efforts as to really going for this deal, he could have just given up and been able to blame totally the EU.
However he got them to listen, to take his negotiations seriously and then to really hammer out a deal that had worth to it.

Now he has maybe the harder task to help convince the UK voters that he has got the best deal and that his vision for the UK in the EU is the right one.
As in his negotiations over this last few weeks on this,his efforts to secure that will also have my full support.