ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The EU - Referendum - 23rd of June 2016 - in or out? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275255)

Nicky91 23-08-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10663539)
Your opinions on NI/Ireland are really uninformed, ignorant and bordering on offensive Nicky

maybe i am uninformed then, i haven't really learned about the NI/Ireland in the history books at school here

i just thought if northern ireland wasn't part of britain, there wasn't this border issue with the no deal brexit

The Slim Reaper 23-08-2019 09:09 AM

Nicky versus the weak Irish

Cherie 23-08-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10663541)
maybe i am uninformed then, i haven't really learned about the NI/Ireland in the history books at school here

i just thought if northern ireland wasn't part of britain, there wasn't this border issue with the no deal brexit

We are all used to your comments on reality tv shows and that's fine, but maybe a bit of research before you trot out statements on real life issues might work for you Nicky? I'm finding it hard to believe you have never heard to the troubles though, and please don't message me, anything you have to say can be put on the thread.

Nicky91 23-08-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10663567)
We are all used to your comments on reality tv shows and that's fine, but maybe a bit of research before you trot out statements on real life issues might work for you Nicky? I'm finding it hard to believe you have never heard to the troubles though, and please don't message me, anything you have to say can be put on the thread.

it wasn't in our history school books here, but i've heard about IRA via the news

also i did some research and apparently northern irish leader arlene foster is a IRA Bombing survivor

and also doing further research i saw that from the UK countries, scotland and northern ireland had majorities to remain in the EU, but the northern irish biggest party in NI parliament in DUP (democrat unions party) who are against the backstop

The Slim Reaper 23-08-2019 11:52 AM

That's why the Irish always do better with strong English rule.

The Slim Reaper 23-08-2019 11:59 AM

AnnieK 23-08-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10663632)

It would be hilarious if it wasn't exactly right

Twosugars 23-08-2019 12:06 PM

How deluded :umm2:

Ammi 23-08-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10663632)

...28 days later..?..

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ee/0c...5511917e45.gif

arista 23-08-2019 12:11 PM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cp...ront-page-.jpg

bitontheslide 23-08-2019 12:12 PM

it's easy for Boris, he calls his cabinet together and says give me a solution

The Slim Reaper 23-08-2019 12:15 PM

Slim Reaper demands fresh Kate Upton and Kristen Bell soiree.

arista 23-08-2019 12:38 PM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cp...t-23-08-19.jpg

The Slim Reaper 23-08-2019 12:45 PM

Reaper encounters Upton & Bell resistance.

Ammi 23-08-2019 03:19 PM

Ireland's EU commissioner has launched a scathing attack on Boris Johnson, accusing the "unelected prime minister" of "gambling" with the Irish peace process.

Phil Hogan said the new PM was putting "the best interests of the Tory party ahead of the best interests of the UK" and had "stacked his cabinet with a ‘Hard Brexit Dream Team’".

The criticism of the nature of Mr Johnson's election comes after the prime minister described the Irish backstop as "undemocratic" in a letter to EU leaders.

But in apparent response to the claim, Mr Hogan said: "We should recall that the backstop was agreed by a prime minister who was democratically elected."

He added that the insistence that the backstop was undemocratic "seems strange" because it was "coming from an unelected prime minister" who had voted in favour of the Brexit deal in the Commons.

In speaking notes for the Commissioner's speech at a conference in Ireland, first reported by the Irish Independent, Mr Hogan is quoted as saying: "If the UK fails to prevent a crash-out Brexit they should be under no illusion regarding the foul atmosphere they will create with their EU partners and the serious consequences this will have for negotiating any future trade agreement.

"The UK continues to negotiate based on its experience of being an EU member. This misses the point completely: from the moment the UK came back to Brussels with the infamous red lines, the EU has negotiated on the basis of the UK opting for third country status."

"The UK government needs to take responsibility for its choices before it is too late. Prime Minister Johnson’s hero is Winston Churchill and he seems to view himself as a modern day Churchill.

"However, in the event of a no deal Brexit, the UK government’s only Churchilian legacy will be –‘never have so few done so much damage to so many’."

Mr Hogan has developed a reputation as the EU Commission's attack dog, having made a number of frank interventions in the Brexit process since talks began. In April he rubbished Theresa May's "global Britain" plan, warning that the UK would become a "medium-sized" nation with reduced bargaining power.

In June last year he said the tide was going out on the "high priests of Brexit", suggesting the British public were finally seeing through the “deception and lies” of politicians like Michael Gove and Nigel Farage.

His latests comments aimed at Boris Johnson come as former Tory minister Ed Vaizey accused the new [prime minister of being "hell-bent on getting no-deal".

Mr Vaizey said the prime minister was "going through the motions" in insisting that he wants the UK to leave the EU with an exit deal, warning that there was "no chance" of renegotiating the withdrawal agreement.

He told Radio 4's Today: "We're going to keep coming back to the Withdrawal Agreement, we're going to continue to have a hung parliament and a zombie parliament unless and until we leave the EU and parties can then campaign to try and get a majority.

"So we have to find a way to get parliament to agree to a deal and therefore I would give Boris Johnson the credit of at least forcing on parliament an existential crisis by being faced with a prime minister who is hell-bent on getting no-deal.

"He is completely serious about no-deal and there's no chance of him negotiating a deal with the EU, he knows that, he's just going though the motions."

Alf 23-08-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10663305)
Thonberry is charismatic

in the same way Stalin was.

arista 23-08-2019 04:43 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/11646...jpg&name=small

Kizzy 23-08-2019 08:35 PM

The inane grinning and arm flailing with Mrs Merkel, facepalming and putting your FEET on the furniture with Macron....Every day I just get more and more ashamed of where I'm from, and that is devastating.

Nicky91 25-08-2019 08:00 AM

the grant sisters tackle questions about Ireland and Brexit

The Slim Reaper 25-08-2019 08:48 AM

Turning point is a white nationalist organisation, Nicky, and those girls are completely vacuous know nothings.

Nicky91 25-08-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10664432)
Turning point is a white nationalist organisation, Nicky, and those girls are completely vacuous know nothings.

these girls are the most loyal brexit party members as for the youngster brexiteers

Cal. 25-08-2019 09:43 AM

IS THIS still going on? Bloody ell!

arista 25-08-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10664448)
IS THIS still going on? Bloody ell!

New PM
Johnson speaking on every News Channel in France at the G7
to their reporters
so you Cal , can keep up with him

The Slim Reaper 25-08-2019 11:27 AM

I'm amazed you haven't posted about Johnson trying to close parliament so he can force through his no deal.

I guess you must have missed it this morning, eh Arista?

arista 25-08-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10664497)
I'm amazed you haven't posted about Johnson trying to close parliament so he can force through his no deal.

I guess you must have missed it this morning, eh Arista?

They are just sayings
If he can close Parliament
He will.

Get Brexit Done