ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=676)
-   -   Wendy Williams talks about Celebrity Big Brother (Lindsay Lohan's mum rumours) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275839)

Gstar 22-04-2015 05:35 PM

Wendy Williams talks about Celebrity Big Brother (Lindsay Lohan's mum rumours)

Watch from 5:00 onwards

She talks about it for a good two minutes, it's interesting how a lot of Americans think that Big Brother is huge over here :laugh: I guess CBB is quite popular but normal BB no

Lostie! 22-04-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Germyle (Post 7714438)

She talks about it for a good two minutes, it's interesting how a lot of Americans think that Big Brother is huge over here :laugh: I guess CBB is quite popular but normal BB no

Well, it is extremely iconic in terms of British TV, even if it's not a big deal nowadays like it used to be in terms of viewership. But yeah, in terms of ratings BBUS is bigger than BBUK right now so it's funny to see her talking about how nobody cares about BBUS anymore but BBUK is huge. :laugh:

That said, I do think BBUK is more iconic to UK pop culture than BBUS is to US pop culture, personally. Of course, never having visited the US I could be way off. :laugh:

But yeah, quite surreal seeing BBUK being talked about on Wendy Williams' show. :joker:

Gstar 22-04-2015 06:59 PM

I get where you're coming from, America has so many other big shows and a lot more variety. If you take BB3-BB7 UK for example, it was probably the biggest (if not the most talked about) show in the UK

ruiphillips 22-04-2015 07:11 PM

BBUK is more watched than BBUSA. The Us has a television population of 140 million against the Uk's 60 million.

Marsh. 22-04-2015 07:15 PM

"Big Brother is huge over there"

It WAS Wendy, not anymore.

Jason. 22-04-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Germyle (Post 7714604)
I get where you're coming from, America has so many other big shows and a lot more variety. If you take BB3-BB7 UK for example, it was probably the biggest (if not the most talked about) show in the UK

Good point.

Big Brother ratings in the golden years were nowhere near as big as shows like X Factor, and I'm A Celebrity were back then and even now, unless it was the launch or final of a series, which would get around 7-10m.

But Big Brother was an iconic part of noughties television. Everyone was talking about it. Back in 2004, I don't remember anyone talking about I'm A Celebrity - unless it was about Katie and Peter, but everyone or most were talking about BB5. And BB5 got under half the ratings IAC got.

Firewire 22-04-2015 07:16 PM

Big Brother is still popular over there, it averaged 7 million viewers and was topping the ratings the nights it aired last year.

Jason. 22-04-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 7714639)
Big Brother is still popular over there, it averaged 7 million viewers and was topping the ratings the nights it aired last year.

7 million sounds like a lot but it's not, as the population of America is far bigger than the population of the UK. 7 million in America is equivalent to about 1.5 million in the UK.

So last year's BBUSA was on par with BB15. But BB15 was a lower rated series. On average, these days BBUK has a loyal audience of about give or take 1.7m.

So realistically BBUK these days is doing slightly better than BBUSA. Not to mention CBB is almost double the ratings of the civilian, so that beats it by a margin.

Rob! 22-04-2015 11:11 PM

On Janice Dickinson: Still a mess after all these decades :laugh2:

I like her. Stick her instead of the mother I say.

armand.kay 22-04-2015 11:17 PM

bbus isn't huge there but it has a solid and loyal viewership.

Mitchell 23-04-2015 01:21 PM

TMZ and Wendy Williams discussing CBB? Dina could be one of the smartest signings in a long time.

Macie Lightfoot 23-04-2015 01:27 PM

BB really isn't all that popular in the US. It never was because Survivor launched the same time as BB1 and destroyed it in the ratings (the finale averaged 52 million viewers.) BBUS has a cult following at best.

Rob! 24-04-2015 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot (Post 7716023)
BB really isn't all that popular in the US. It never was because Survivor launched the same time as BB1 and destroyed it in the ratings (the finale averaged 52 million viewers.) BBUS has a cult following at best.

So does the regular BBUK

Marsh. 24-04-2015 02:41 AM

BBUK was never a ratings smash either tbh.

It only reached the heights of 10 million once or twice.

GiRTh 24-04-2015 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Germyle (Post 7714438)

21 minutes of drivel, tittle tattle and gossip. How do these shows get made?

Maxxie. 15-01-2016 08:21 PM

That show is probably the ****test I've ever seen in my life :laugh:

Pete. 15-01-2016 08:23 PM

Where is Wendy's Tiffany chat?

Gstar 16-01-2016 01:56 AM

I see we have some haters who need to leave my godmother alone