ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Wales : 55stone, 22old lady allowed doctors to evacuate her to Hospital (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276288)

arista 04-05-2015 01:26 PM

Wales : 55stone, 22old lady allowed doctors to evacuate her to Hospital

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0741218416.jpg

This is sadly a tragic way to be

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/a...2_2329166a.jpg
[The rescue operation to get
55st Georgia Davis to hospital
was said to have cost in the region of £10,000]
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3ZAy0Bst6

the mother said:
“She has been physically
unwell for many years but
in recent months she has
become emotionally unwell too.
Being so overweight for so long is taking its toll.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-stricken.html

Ammi 04-05-2015 01:36 PM

..poor lady..but why was she so overweight for so long, why wasn't she having medical care, taken into hospital much sooner to have physical and emotional treatment and care...it's like she was just abandoned until it was forced on them that they had to get her into hospital...

arista 04-05-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 7735743)
..poor lady..but why was she so overweight for so long, why wasn't she having medical care, taken into hospital much sooner to have physical and emotional treatment and care...it's like she was just abandoned until it was forced on them that they had to get her into hospital...

Maybe due to the Mother

Ammi 04-05-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 7735745)
Maybe due to the Mother

..there has to have been some social welfare care as well though, she couldn't have cared for her all by herself...she was disabled by her weight so there would have been assistance with that, surely...

karl100589 04-05-2015 01:44 PM

Hasn't she been in the papers before with issues about her weight?

arista 04-05-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl100589 (Post 7735751)
Hasn't she been in the papers before with issues about her weight?

Yes she has

But it was so hard to remove her from her home

arista 04-05-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 7735749)
..there has to have been some social welfare care as well though, she couldn't have cared for her all by herself...she was disabled by her weight so there would have been assistance with that, surely...

Wales Health is under Labour

karl100589 04-05-2015 01:50 PM

I think it's sad that people not only allow themselves to get to this stage with their bodies but worse that it takes themselves and their family so long to realise when it becomes a problem. As someone who has been there (lost five stone) I understand that losing weight and keeping it off is a hard job, and that the support plan from family should be there especially in the early stages, but the health and confidence benefits that you feel from it makes it so worthwhile.

Josy 04-05-2015 01:53 PM

I'm sorry but there is no way at all that someone manages to get to or remain at that size by having 'the odd plate of sausage and chips or the odd takeaway' if this girl has been battling a food addiction for so long then she should have been admitted to a hospital or addiction clinic to deal with the issues, it states in that article that at only 15 years old she was diagnosed with diabetes and weighed 33stones! that is absolutely shocking and the mother was responsible for her so should have done something/anything to put a stop to it, the issue should have been dealt with then not left to fester for 7 more years.

Helen 28 04-05-2015 02:06 PM

Gemma Collins has let herself go a bit.

Kazanne 04-05-2015 02:11 PM

I don't know whether to feel compassion or distain for this girl .

the truth 04-05-2015 03:44 PM

the way thousands of workless benefit thieves milk the system and are an appalling example to their kids....their kids all they learn is how to be workless ambitionless responsibility free just sit around smoking and drinking , in many cases take drugs and eat dreadful food....that's abuse.....social services need to wise up and the next government needs to not just target this but abolish it....no healthy person should be allowed to claim any benefits ..they MUST accept a job..go to work. there is always work. no more free houses and all child benefits must be paid in vouchers for childrens products only....the number of ignorant parents who smoke around the children or the womn who smoke in pregnancy makes me sick and should be targeted by government...these babies are born disabled with respiratory problems but guess who benefits, the parents, they then claim the disability living allowance for the baby and of course keep it for themselves and in many cases they waste the money on more booze and fags....revolting people. david Cameron is right , those in work should get the reward and the money those who choose not to work should get nothing

arista 04-05-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7735773)
I'm sorry but there is no way at all that someone manages to get to or remain at that size by having 'the odd plate of sausage and chips or the odd takeaway' if this girl has been battling a food addiction for so long then she should have been admitted to a hospital or addiction clinic to deal with the issues, it states in that article that at only 15 years old she was diagnosed with diabetes and weighed 33stones! that is absolutely shocking and the mother was responsible for her so should have done something/anything to put a stop to it, the issue should have been dealt with then not left to fester for 7 more years.

Yes it does go back many years
The Mother maybe thought it was love and care
or something

the truth 04-05-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 7735908)
Yes it does go back many years
The Mother maybe thought it was love and care
or something

brainless dangerous lazy behaviour...how can the parents say they love the child when they bring them up like that. now society has to foot the bill and save the day for their disgraceful parenting. I believe tough love often comes from the father, most kids don't have fathers, so we end up in this disaster

Josy 04-05-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 7735886)
the way thousands of workless benefit thieves milk the system and are an appalling example to their kids....their kids all they learn is how to be workless ambitionless responsibility free just sit around smoking and drinking , in many cases take drugs and eat dreadful food....that's abuse.....social services need to wise up and the next government needs to not just target this but abolish it....no healthy person should be allowed to claim any benefits ..they MUST accept a job..go to work. there is always work. no more free houses and all child benefits must be paid in vouchers for childrens products only....the number of ignorant parents who smoke around the children or the womn who smoke in pregnancy makes me sick and should be targeted by government...these babies are born disabled with respiratory problems but guess who benefits, the parents, they then claim the disability living allowance for the baby and of course keep it for themselves and in many cases they waste the money on more booze and fags....revolting people. david Cameron is right , those in work should get the reward and the money those who choose not to work should get nothing

This is all just unrealistic, sensationalised drivel.

Stick to the thread topic please.

Kizzy 04-05-2015 05:14 PM

If she has an addiction to food then her relapsing is no different from someone giving up smoking and starting again really, it is a drain on resources but I'm sure they assessed the case fully before deciding to press ahead :/

Redway 04-05-2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 7735920)
brainless dangerous lazy behaviour...how can the parents say they love the child when they bring them up like that. now society has to foot the bill and save the day for their disgraceful parenting. I believe tough love often comes from the father, most kids don't have fathers, so we end up in this disaster

Of course, this thread had to be about your sexist drivel and misogynistic and quite frankly disgusting views on women, as per. It's almost impossible to believe you even have a mother given the nonsense you spout about the female sex.

And only about a quarter of children grow up with a single parent in the UK... hardly "most". If you're going to post rubbish and pass it off as hard fact, at least provide some evidence

Marsh. 04-05-2015 05:52 PM

Is he suggesting the majority of these single mothers are in a situation that is their own fault? What about the fathers who disappear and don't want the responsibility of taking care of their own children?

Ammi 04-05-2015 06:14 PM

..truth you’re right, she doesn’t have a father ..she’s from a single parent family from when she was a young child and her father died, which was the time she became addicted to food/eating... She was banned from her school canteen for over-eating and stopped attending PE lessons, how would those things help but maybe it was because of health concerns...I think there is a lot of ‘blame’ that could be shared because it isn’t all her mother’s ..her mother is also someone who is addicted to food and does realise and acknowledge her own faults for her daughter but maybe she needed help as well...and yeah the cost of all of this and the previous time she was hospitalised is huge but maybe that cost could also have been avoided if both she and her mum had the care needed several years ago because for her it’s not just obesity and over-eating, it’s a mental health issue through addiction...and maybe she did have the care and maybe everything was tried and maybe nothing worked so this is her weight now and technically it is neglect I know, but maybe her mum was helpless to be able to help her daughter because her mental health wasn’t good either and the help wasn’t there for her/for either of them when they needed it..at a time when a husband and father was what they grieved so much....

Kizzy 04-05-2015 06:25 PM

It's still off topic but this addiction is looked on more favourably than others not sure why, they are all as destructive and cause complex health issues.
It would be nice if all coping mechanisms were given equal understanding.

AnnieK 04-05-2015 07:25 PM

Unfortunately, her mother is a main protagonist in this. She admits to giving her condensed milk as a child,filling her up on cakes and biscuits as a child and After she lost 14st at a "fat camp" in America she welcomed her back with fat laden food. As well as this young ladies attitude to food needs Addressing, so do those around her. Killing with kindness springs to mind. Sad.

Helen 28 04-05-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 7736168)
..truth you’re right, she doesn’t have a father ..she’s from a single parent family from when she was a young child and her father died, which was the time she became addicted to food/eating... She was banned from her school canteen for over-eating and stopped attending PE lessons, how would those things help but maybe it was because of health concerns...I think there is a lot of ‘blame’ that could be shared because it isn’t all her mother’s ..her mother is also someone who is addicted to food and does realise and acknowledge her own faults for her daughter but maybe she needed help as well...and yeah the cost of all of this and the previous time she was hospitalised is huge but maybe that cost could also have been avoided if both she and her mum had the care needed several years ago because for her it’s not just obesity and over-eating, it’s a mental health issue through addiction...and maybe she did have the care and maybe everything was tried and maybe nothing worked so this is her weight now and technically it is neglect I know, but maybe her mum was helpless to be able to help her daughter because her mental health wasn’t good either and the help wasn’t there for her/for either of them when they needed it..at a time when a husband and father was what they grieved so much....

Maybe - maybe, maybe, too many maybe's. It's simply like 99% of cases like this - overeating (in this case hugely) and no exercise.

hijaxers 04-05-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 7735886)

Not too nasty then - well glad i'm not related to you :nono:

Denver 04-05-2015 08:48 PM

Why have her family allowed her to get in this state without stepping in?

the truth 04-05-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7736021)
This is all just unrealistic, sensationalised drivel.

Stick to the thread topic please.

I am sticking to the thread topic, everything Ive said is relevant to try and suggest otherwise is plain wrong....we see this kind of disaster every day in this country and its time we spoke about it totally openly and honestly without the shackles of political correct dogma censoring our every word....for a 22 year old girl to end up 55 stones is a disgrace and I blame the parents, both of them