ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=663)
-   -   Emma... is she over her job now??? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277908)

Mokka 23-05-2015 12:39 PM

Emma... is she over her job now???

I get the vibes that Emma just doesn't feel the same about the show as she did as the superfan that took the job in the first place...

It started last series with CBB, but lets face it we were all fed up with it in the end...
Now though, she doesn't seem to have that sparkle and enthusiasm for the job any more. Also, the crowds aren't feeling or listening to her anymore... and her BOTS interviews this season and last are missing her love for the show...

So is she contract bound and stuck in a job she should have evolved from?
Does she not like the progress of the show, like many of us, over the last few series?
Am I imagining it?

Ramsay 23-05-2015 12:43 PM

3 BBs a year takes it out of anyone tbh

Rob! 23-05-2015 12:44 PM

I thought she seemed quite enthusiastic last night but she is probably sensing that the civilian version at least is dying.

Pete. 23-05-2015 12:46 PM

She must be sick of the chavs by now

Denver 23-05-2015 12:49 PM

I think she is exausted she is on TV pretty much everyday nowadays

Mokka 23-05-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 7798456)
I thought she seemed quite enthusiastic last night but she is probably sensing that the civilian version at least is dying.

She has been flat the majority of this series... she finds small moments of enthusiasm, but they don't seem genuine like when she first started out, and she knew everything there was to know about BB and it's former houseguests, and she was obsessed with knowing more.

It just seems forced now, where as before she seemed genuinely interested

Beetlejuice 23-05-2015 12:52 PM

Personally, I think Emma is perfect in the role and I like Rylan as well. She'd be a great loss to it imo.

I just wish they'd show a bit of inspiration with the show, the website, the live coverage etc. The lack of enthusiasm everyone feels about this show is starting to show and it can be traced back to how few changes Channel 5/Endemol have made despite all the criticisms.

Mokka 23-05-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamski94 (Post 7798464)
I think she is exausted she is on TV pretty much everyday nowadays

Is she contractually stuck with BB though?? Does she even want this job with so many others on the go?

Denver 23-05-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokkajava (Post 7798475)
Is she contractually stuck with BB though?? Does she even want this job with so many others on the go?

Yea she is contracted to them but they also allow her to do any other show she wants as long as it doesnt clash with her live commitments

Beetlejuice 23-05-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokkajava (Post 7798470)
She has been flat the majority of this series... she finds small moments of enthusiasm, but they don't seem genuine like when she first started out, and she knew everything there was to know about BB and it's former houseguests, and she was obsessed with knowing more.

It just seems forced now, where as before she seemed genuinely interested

This was a woman that used to record the live coverage throughout the day when she was away on holiday so she could catch up with everything. How could any fan like that be impressed by the show these days?

Jay. 23-05-2015 12:58 PM

i agree tbh, you could tell she was loving it during the bb14 launch, but it hasn't been the same since tbh

Mokka 23-05-2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlejuice (Post 7798478)
This was a woman that used to record the live coverage throughout the day when she was away on holiday so she could catch up with everything. How could any fan like that be impressed by the show these days?

Agreed, and I am not saying I blame her, I have always felt she was lovely :flutter:

I just worry that this is the beginning of the end for her with BB, which would be another nail in the coffin for the show if they can't find a presenter to bring to the show what she did initially

Lostie! 23-05-2015 12:59 PM

Hmm, I haven't gotten that impression myself.

Jason. 23-05-2015 01:00 PM

Three BB's a year is enough to drive anyone crazy, IMO.

I haven't noticed this at all. But she's always excited for CBB, in January. She seemed enthusiastic back in January, during CBB15.

Maybe she's noticed that the Civilian run has had it's day.

crazycolaist 23-05-2015 01:04 PM

Yeah Emma & Rylan make C5 BB a good lead with the community, But nah she didnt have any facts from producers about the results so was hard for her to speak as the actual host rather than just another civillian because she was gutted - (Her own words) that Adoja went

fitz2k2 23-05-2015 01:26 PM

???????what are you talking about

MargeryFan 23-05-2015 03:35 PM

I would be fed up of having to be nice to a pathetic, aggresive, self-loathing, chav crowd every week too.