ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=663)
-   -   Sarah's nomination of Eileen was ageist still. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278112)

Videostar 25-05-2015 09:32 PM

Sarah's nomination of Eileen was ageist still.

She starts off by mentioning that Eileen is 20 years older than the others, and then nominates her by saying that she gets grumpy with others mentioning her age.

Well I don't blame Eileen, this age talk is weak and total BS.

Nancy. 25-05-2015 11:31 PM

Did you see the clip on BOTS? They showed Sarah, Jade, Aaron and Harriet in the storeroom talking about (who I assume was Eileen) about the amount of work she'd had done on her face and Sarah said "I don't wanna dislike her because she's old" - "She is the complete opposite of what I know in an older woman".

So there we have it. Straight from the horses mouth.

rionablue 25-05-2015 11:47 PM

If Eileen integrated with the younger housemates like Jackie did the age difference wouldn't be so obvious but Eileen IS whinging about the housemates having a bit of fun when she wants to sleep and she is segregating herself from them with only the twins for company most of the time. I have nothing against an older contestant or contestants being in the house but for gods sake don't go to bed early and moan if there are other people trying to enjoy themselves. JOIN IN or don't even apply for BB

Mystic Mock 25-05-2015 11:51 PM

Sarah also went for an innocent Welsh boy tonight too, potential xenophobe maybe?:think:

She can't even think of a reason to hate him.

Mystic Mock 25-05-2015 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rionablue (Post 7810274)
If Eileen integrated with the younger housemates like Jackie did the age difference wouldn't be so obvious but Eileen IS whinging about the housemates having a bit of fun when she wants to sleep and she is segregating herself from them with only the twins for company most of the time. I have nothing against an older contestant or contestants being in the house but for gods sake don't go to bed early and moan if there are other people trying to enjoy themselves. JOIN IN or don't even apply for BB

I agree that Eileen needs to have more fun.

Nancy. 25-05-2015 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rionablue (Post 7810274)

What on earth are you blathering about? If you remember it was the twins who were the first to compain about not getting any sleep because of the noise and Eileen agreed - and was almost two weeks ago. The HM's have all day to get excited and act the clown and yet they decide to do it at night when people want to sleep?

Eileen has integrated with the others. She even made a prat of herself in the process and yet people on said she's "Fake" and "too old to be acting like that". Whatever she does, she's damned if she does or damned if she doesn't.

Heaven = Winner 25-05-2015 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy Littlebottom (Post 7810289)
What on earth are you blathering about? If you remember it was the twins who were the first to compain about not getting any sleep because of the noise and Eileen agreed - and was almost two weeks ago. The HM's have all day to get excited and act the clown and yet they decide to do it at night when people want to sleep?

Eileen has integrated with the others. She even made a prat of herself in the process and yet people on said she's "Fake" and "too old to be acting like that". Whatever she does, she's damned if she does or damned if she doesn't.

:clap1:

the_answers 26-05-2015 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy Littlebottom (Post 7810244)
Did you see the clip on BOTS? They showed Sarah, Jade, Aaron and Harriet in the storeroom talking about (who I assume was Eileen) about the amount of work she'd had done on her face and Sarah said "I don't wanna dislike her because she's old" - "She is the complete opposite of what I know in an older woman".

Sorry have what ? :conf:

She's merely giving an observation about an older woman.
Sarah hasn't been discriminatory or offensive to Eileen about her age at all ?

Age wasn't Sarah's reason for nomming Eileen at all.
Issue Sarah had was Eileen's treatment of Kieran.

When Sarah spoke to Eileen in the bedroom pre-noms, she told Eileen Kieran wasn't an offensive person. (? :laugh:)
Trying to make out there was no chance Kieran could possibly be at fault.

Eileen pointed out she wasn't even there and made Sarah look stupid.

Sarah's now taken the hump, sees Eileen as a threat so she's nommed her.
But don't think it's HER who's at fault for the age thing.

If anyone was guilty it was Kieran !
He clearly mentioned Eileen's age when he brought up the sleep thing to her.

Kieran sees Eileen as a threat too.
His reasons in the diary room about Eileen not listening to him were a huge bunch of waffle IMO.

rionablue 26-05-2015 12:05 AM

Quote:

Haha yeah right

Nancy. 26-05-2015 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rionablue (Post 7810311)
Haha yeah right

Thanks for the contribution but it's all available on catchup for you to watch. I'm not making anything up.

the_answers 26-05-2015 12:30 AM

Quote:

The HM's have all day to get excited and act the clown and yet they decide to do it at night when people want to sleep?

Agree with you here, it's so selfish !

1st time he nommed her, Jack gave some reason about Eileen making him feel uncomfortable he couldn't have fun.

Now he's still nommed her but his reasons have changed to she knows what going on and has a gameplan or something.

Beetlejuice 26-05-2015 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videostar (Post 7809529)
She starts off by mentioning that Eileen is 20 years older than the others, and then nominates her by saying that she gets grumpy with others mentioning her age.

It's reasonable enough to me. She's over twice the age of most of them. Obviously they are going to struggle to relate to her like they do people their own age.

the_answers 26-05-2015 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlejuice (Post 7810357)
It's reasonable enough to me. She's over twice the age of most of them. Obviously they are going to struggle to relate to her like they do people their own age.

Perhaps.
But wonder if BB would have accepted
"I can't relate to you cos you're too young" from Eileen ?

House issues are 1 thing but it's all a cop out if you ask me.
Last weeks noms were embarassing.

Mystic Mock 26-05-2015 03:02 AM

I'm just picturing someone going into the Diary Room saying one of these two things.

“I'm nominating Jack because his fat.”

“I'm nominating Kieran because his black.”

I wonder if BB would let these stand? Because whilst I don't like Eileen because she irritates me, I don't agree with her age coming into it.

Beetlejuice 26-05-2015 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 7810450)
I'm just picturing someone going into the Diary Room saying one of these two things.

“I'm nominating Jack because his fat.”

I seem to remember Jon Tickle nominating Justine because "She consumes too much"

Quote:

“I'm nominating Kieran because his black.”
He was born black. You're not born old. Slight difference.

Quote:

I wonder if BB would let these stand? Because whilst I don't like Eileen because she irritates me, I don't agree with her age coming into it.
It seems to me everyone is desperate to find some -ism to battle against to make themselves look like good people. Nominating someone because they're much older than everyone else seems perfectly legitimate to me. I wouldn't have a problem with a more mature group of housemates nominating someone because they're young.

Mystic Mock 26-05-2015 05:57 AM

But you can't help what age you are either?

Josy 26-05-2015 06:05 AM

The age thing is a complete copout and definitely shouldn't be allowed. Theres more reasons they could use for Eileen than that anyway, it's just an easy but pathetic excuse.

jennyjuniper 26-05-2015 06:08 AM

Sarah nominated Eileen because she was pissed off that Eileen more or less told her to keep her nose out regarding the talk Eileen and Keiran had. And rightly so. It was nothing to do with Sarah.

Gusto Brunt 26-05-2015 06:41 AM

If they they think 51 is old, God help Eileen if she were Lionel Blair's age.

BigBrotherfan4ever 26-05-2015 06:47 AM

Quote:

Well said

bitontheslide 26-05-2015 07:23 AM

You don't go on an 18-30 holiday if you are expecting to have a quiet restful time. Big brother is the same. Big brother has always been filled with noisy youngsters, so Eileen knew full well what she was letting herself in for when she signed up to do it.

The nominations have all been lame this year. I don't connect with ..... has got to be the biggest cop out ever.

Kazanne 26-05-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy Littlebottom (Post 7810244)

I saw that,lets hope it's shown on the highlights tonight.

arista 26-05-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Eileen keeps making a Big thing about her 51 years of age
She is touchy

So get the Hag OUT

If you worry about your age - you are doomed

arista 26-05-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7810555)
The age thing is a complete copout and definitely shouldn't be allowed. Theres more reasons they could use for Eileen than that anyway, it's just an easy but pathetic excuse.

what?

She needs to chill

she is worried she looks real old
and she fecking does

http://bigbrother.channel5.com/sites...?itok=lOhOP_-P

Also Josy you can ban talking about Age
its a Democracy

parmnion 26-05-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

That would be all well and good if Eileen didn't use the younger HMS age against them calling them immature and using her age to her advantage by claiming more life experience..sarahs point imo was valid.