ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=663)
-   -   Now that Eileen has confirmed my stockholm syndrome theory (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279719)

Richkingretro 06-06-2015 01:42 PM

Now that Eileen has confirmed my stockholm syndrome theory

During last night eviction interview Eileen confirmed that which I had been pointing out since the arrival of the new housemates. The house is indeed under the influence of the stockholm syndrome.

You only have to look at how the original housemates talk about Marc. They hate him one minute and then the next it's like "oh but he is honest, he does shoot you in the face"

Listen to the words... they like him because he shoots them in the face!

There is hope I think if the housemates can free themselves from this psychological phenomenon and see Marc for the bully that he is. Also as the watching public it is our duty to also help by casting this vile man from the show.

In YOUR face Marc!

Bully watch 2015 is watching you.

Margarine. 06-06-2015 01:42 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/b8ee862cb...mo8_r1_250.gif

Withano 06-06-2015 02:24 PM

You were talking about Chloe and Marc, she was talking about neither of those things

Jack_ 06-06-2015 02:25 PM

:joker: oh on season

mr rochester 06-06-2015 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=Richkingretro;7855090]During last night eviction interview Eileen confirmed that which I had been pointing out since the arrival of the new housemates. The house is indeed under the influence of the stockholm syndrome.

Listen to the words... they like him because he shoots them in the face!

My thoughts exactly - it's soo weird how this phenomena happens...

Gusto Brunt 06-06-2015 03:35 PM

Rick I hate to burst your bubble but BB has long been compared to the ST ever since I can remember.

'Yours' or Eileen's theory isn't new. :p

Chuckyegg 06-06-2015 03:40 PM

I think a huge amount of people need to have a look at what Stockholm Syndrome means. Including Eileen.
Also nobody has said "I like Marc BECAUSE he shoots me in the face"
Next!

Livia 06-06-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckyegg (Post 7855256)
I think a huge amount of people need to have a look at what Stockholm Syndrome means. Including Eileen.
Next!

Pretty much what I was going to say, Chuckyegg.

JoshBB 06-06-2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckyegg (Post 7855256)
Next!

In ways I agree, and then in ways I don't.

A standard definition is "a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors"

Obviously we have to try to rearrange this in context to the big brother house, but I do believe that in ways they are relating with Marc and empathizing with him so I would probably say that there are slight elements of ST.

Dash Darington 06-06-2015 04:32 PM

As Chloe said in the Diary Room, she's supporting him so he doesn't attack her. Weak people submit to tyrants so that their wrath isn't directed at them, and then find excuses for why they're doing so.

Livia 06-06-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBB (Post 7855322)
In ways I agree, and then in ways I don't.

A standard definition is "a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors"

Obviously we have to try to rearrange this in context to the big brother house, but I do believe that in ways they are relating with Marc and empathizing with him so I would probably say that there are slight elements of ST.

Except Marc isn't their captor. And it's Big Brother, they know nothing can happen to them and that they can walk at any time. To compare their position to those who might suffer Stockholm Syndrome is just plain daft.