ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Brother Australia (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=604)
-   -   BBAU loses it's Executive Producer to ITV Studios Australia. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281311)

zakman440 19-06-2015 12:14 AM

BBAU loses it's Executive Producer to ITV Studios Australia.

Quote:

Big Brother Australia will have to find new management if it returns in the future, as showrunner Alex Mavroidakis has departed production company Endemol Shine.

Mavroidakis has worked on the show since its early days on Network Ten, and was an executive producer on all three series of its relaunch on the Nine Network, also voicing Surly the fish.

But with the future of BBAU looking uncertain, the Brit – whose other credits include The Apprentice and The X Factor – has now taken up a similar role at ITV Studios Australia, where it is likely he’ll work on rival format I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!.

“A leading creative in the Australian television industry, Alex comes with a wealth of experience,” said ITVS Australia managing director Anita Jacoby. “He was a key architect in the development of Big Brother as a family program. He’s also created plenty of shows from the ground up.”

The news comes after reports that Nine has abandoned plans to fill a hole in its schedules by reviving the Celebrity version of Big Brother down under.

Chiefs are now thought to be working on a new series of The Celebrity Apprentice, despite BBAU host Sonia Kruger recently confirming that famous folk had been approached for CBB.

Nine is continuing maintain its public silence on its plans for Big Brother, with the show’s future hanging in the balance after last year’s series – won by Ryan Ginns – suffered a dip in ratings.

However, well-placed online rumours suggest that the broadcaster has simply decided to rest the show for 2015, and will look at bringing it back again next year.

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbau/news/061...#ixzz3dSj2bD7H
It's not coming back, is it?

Marsh. 19-06-2015 12:15 AM

I think they'll have confirmed if it was axed surely?

Maybe it will just take a break.

BBUK is in desperate need of one.

reece(: 19-06-2015 12:37 AM

Justice 4 Priya

Calderyon 19-06-2015 07:48 AM

Justice for Dave.

Pete. 19-06-2015 08:26 AM

Maybe this will improve the show

SuperV 19-06-2015 11:24 AM

Rumors saying that BBAU will return and renewed for 3 years starting in 2016. Hopefully without Mavroidakis, he hasn't done anything good with BBAU

_Seth 24-06-2015 10:11 PM

Was Alex Mavroidakis the actual voice of Big Brother in Series 8, 9, 10 and 11?

Whatever the case, I hope one of the changes made are that it's less plastic and family-targeted.

I actually don't mind a PG rating for the main show but only if it's like Ten used to do it, where it wasn't dumbed down and had the Adult's Only show as compensation for the cuts.

Firewire 24-06-2015 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 7923866)
Was Alex Mavroidakis the actual voice of Big Brother in Series 8, 9, 10 and 11?

Whatever the case, I hope one of the changes made are that it's less plastic and family-targeted.

I actually don't mind a PG rating for the main show but only if it's like Ten used to do it, where it wasn't dumbed down and had the Adult's Only show as compensation for the cuts.

No, the voice of BBAU is a voice-over artist who isn't a producer on the show (unlike BBUK).

Firewire 24-06-2015 10:12 PM

He shaded the IAC producers for stealing BB's ideas. How the tables have turned.

kingston 26-06-2015 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super. Veliki Brothers (Post 7901425)
Rumors saying that BBAU will return and renewed for 3 years starting in 2016. Hopefully without Mavroidakis, he hasn't done anything good with BBAU

Where's this rumor coming from? I find it hilarious that I'm only hearing about this on TiBB... I'm a fairly active member over at Behind Big Brother and this lie would be all over the forums if there was actually anything to it...

Dominic 18-07-2015 09:04 AM

Are there any news if we're getting anything this year?

Macie Lightfoot 18-07-2015 09:07 AM

Apparently the executive producer of BBAU ever since the reboot is going to be executive producer of IAC season 2 so there goes another Australian show down the drain

jackc1806 25-07-2015 11:18 AM

It's **** anyway, BBAU :(