ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   China’s growing middle class angry at the Dog Eating Festival (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281841)

arista 22-06-2015 12:21 PM

China’s growing middle class angry at the Dog Eating Festival

It was featured On CNN
today.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...m-within-china

[The Yulin dog meat festival is
facing an increasing backlash
from within China,
after years of international criticism.
About 10,000 dogs are likely to
slaughtered during this year’s event,
which got underway on Sunday
and marks the summer solstice
in the town in south-west China. ]

Kizzy 22-06-2015 12:42 PM

:( I'm not reading that, I'm glad it's frowned upon hopefully soon it will just be an outmoded tradition.

Kazanne 22-06-2015 12:43 PM

Just seen this on the news arista,I teared up at those dogs in cages,it's barbaric,wtf is up with people,pathetic bastards need boiling in oil.

joeysteele 22-06-2015 12:44 PM

Just totally gross.

Kazanne 22-06-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 7913769)
Just totally gross.

They even had pups there Joey,kudos to the lady buying them and caring for them,I would happily do time to save one of those dogs.

Niamh. 22-06-2015 12:47 PM

I don't really get how people can be so judgemental just because it's dogs when we kill Sheep, pig, cows, chickens etc over this side of the world, it's a bit hypocritical tbf

Toy Soldier 22-06-2015 12:48 PM

None of y'all would give a **** if they were pigs or chickens. Hypocrites.

Kazanne 22-06-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 7913778)

Well I'de give a **** but tbh it's not the fact they eat them it is how they kill them they are cruel ,simple as

Niamh. 22-06-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 7913785)
Well I'de give a **** but tbh it's not the fact they eat them it is how they kill them they are cruel ,simple as

What about the way Chickens are killed, their heads chopped off and they still running around for a few minutes after, also how they're kept in general, battery hens

Toy Soldier 22-06-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 7913788)
What about the way Chickens are killed, their heads chopped off and they still running around for a few minutes after, also how they're kept in general, battery hens

Yeah even I have a few moral reservations when it comes to the egg industry, it's more horrific than any slaughterhouse. I mean at least they're just going to die anyway. Those chickens are effectively lifelong slaves. I only buy free-range eggs.

(though I suspect this is partly because free range eggs are better quality and taste better, also :joker:. Caged hen eggs are often pale and bland.)

LeatherTrumpet 22-06-2015 12:56 PM

Most of the dogs are strays or pets. They are shipped in on lorries in crates - the journey takes 2 days, they are not fed and watered. The dogs in general are riddled with disease.

There is little comparison to our regulated meat and poultry industry

Kazanne 22-06-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 7913788)

That's disgusting too, cruelty happens everywhere because humans even in abbatoirs feel the need to be cruel,,but these dogs are not stunned they are thrown in to boiling water alive and also skinned alive as the idiots think the more pain the dog suffers the tenderer the meat,as I said barbaric and all in the name of a festival.They are stolen from people ,some are guard dogs ,some are strays,if someone stole my pet and did that,they'de be following them.

Toy Soldier 22-06-2015 01:00 PM

If a guard dog gets stolen, surely it was a really ineffective guard dog? Couldn't even guard itself! To the pot with you.

cfromhx02 22-06-2015 01:03 PM

It's not just the middle class.It was explained that the vast Majority of China's population have always been opposed to dog eating.

The only time it got support officially was about 800 years ago.It is only in some parts of two south eastern cities

that border South Korea that dog eating ever took hold.

There have been big protests by all the classes against what's going on.

I promise I am no supporter of the Chinese Regime.Just setting the facts straight that's all

and informing some people who may not know that the Maj have always been against it.

I bet there will be some who will try and make out that dog eating is widespread and spread hatred against them.

In South Korea it's more widespread I think,yet we are not hearing anything about what is going on there

and there's not any reports of protest there.

Kazanne 22-06-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 7913806)
If a guard dog gets stolen, surely it was a really ineffective guard dog? Couldn't even guard itself! To the pot with you.

The guard dogs were ones that were no longer needed,glad you can joke about it.

arista 22-06-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 7913778)

Sure

But In the West
Dogs are our mates

China is Out Of Step on this.

It needs to be a Cow Festival
or something.

TS
China also murder millions of Sharks
just for the Fin
then they chuck it half dead back in the water to die
all for the China Special Shark Fin Soup.

arista 22-06-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 7913806)

They have jobs

These Dogs are farmed

China Is Evil

Kazanne 22-06-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 7913836)
Sure

But In the West
Dogs are our mates

China is Out Of Step on this.

It needs to be a Cow Festival
or something.

TS
China also murder millions of Sharks
just for the Fin
then they chuck it half dead back in the water to die
all for the China Special Shark Fin Soup.

I don't want ANY animal used in any festival entertainments arista,hate bull fighting too,the shark thing is disgusting too,I hate people sometimes.

arista 22-06-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 7913847)
I don't want ANY animal used in any festival entertainments arista,hate bull fighting too,the shark thing is disgusting too,I hate people sometimes.

Sure
but changing to a Cow
would just be Like USA then
thats all I mean

Niamh. 22-06-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 7913841)
They have jobs

These Dogs are farmed

China Is Evil

Why is it evil to farm dogs but not cows, sheep, pigs etc? They're all animals, just because we say it is? What if a Muslim country told us all we had to stop farming Pigs because they don't like people eating pig meat, would we do it just because they said so? :think:

arista 22-06-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 7913854)
Why is it evil to farm dogs but not cows, sheep, pigs etc? They're all animals, just because we say it is? What if a Muslim country told us all we had to stop farming Pigs because they don't like people eating pig meat, would we do it just because they said so? :think:

But Muslim Nations do not tell us that.

Eating Dogs is Wrong
thats why its on Worldwide news.

Even if you see the logic of it all

Niamh. 22-06-2015 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 7913860)
But Muslim Nations do not tell us that.

Eating Dogs is Wrong
thats why its on Worldwide news.

Even if you see the logic of it all

Why is eating dogs more wrong than eating other animals though? Don't get me wrong, i have a dog and I love her because she's my pet but in general why is farming one animal evil but another is just fine?

Kizzy 22-06-2015 01:16 PM

Dogs are different they're domesticated animals, bred for service and companionship. If we had done that to cows, pigs or sheep we'd feel different but we haven't :shrug:

Niamh. 22-06-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 7913876)
Dogs are different they're domesticated animals, bred for service and companionship. If we had done that to cows, pigs or sheep we'd feel different but we haven't :shrug:

So we're basically saying that we decided that it's evil cos we like Dogs more. Ok then

Liam- 22-06-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 7913876)

Pigs can be pets too, but they're still killed and cut up for people to eat