ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   USA : Molly Shattuck, 48 raped a 15 year old boy (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286824)

arista 24-08-2015 02:56 PM

USA : Molly Shattuck, 48 raped a 15 year old boy

http://www.trbimg.com/img-545a5b8c/t...ttuck-20141105

[A former NFL cheerleader has
been sentenced to two years of probation
for raping a 15-year-old boy.
Molly Shattuck, 48, pleaded guilty to one count
of fourth-degree rape just
days before her case was to go to trial.]

Older Women Sex Criminals get it Easy

http://news.sky.com/story/1539699/ex...-raping-boy-15

Liam- 24-08-2015 02:59 PM

Disgusting, if the sexes were reversed the man would get at least a couple of years in prison.

There was a similar case up in the Valley's, a woman slept with her 15 year old son's friend a couple of times because she was 'having a hard divorce' and she got a slap on the wrist and had to sign onto the register, it's awful the way female pedophiles get away with it.

Niamh. 24-08-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 8080232)
Disgusting, if the sexes were reversed the man would get at least a couple of years in prison.

There was a similar case up in the Valley's, a woman slept with her 15 year old son's friend a couple of times because she was 'having a hard divorce' and she got a slap on the wrist and had to sign onto the register, it's awful the way female pedophiles get away with it.

I don't know about that, usually when it's the opposite way round the girl is accused of leading the man on or lying about their age or whatever

Ninastar 24-08-2015 03:06 PM

Womens prison sentences in general are a lot less than mens. She should be locked up for a long time. Creep.

Liam- 24-08-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8080243)
I don't know about that, usually when it's the opposite way round the girl is accused of leading the man on or lying about their age or whatever

In genuine cases of pedophilia like this one, where it can be proven the adult took advantage of the minor, the man would rightfully be sent to prison.

This case is black and white, she admitted to knowingly sleeping with a child, so she should also go to prison like a man would, I don't see why women are treated like delicate little flowers when they're committing crimes the same as men do and get sent down for it, it makes a mockery of the justice system and gives no sort of justice for the victims whatsoever .

Niamh. 24-08-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 8080271)
In genuine cases of pedophilia like this one, where it can be proven the adult took advantage of the minor, the man would rightfully be sent to prison.

This case is black and white, she admitted to knowingly sleeping with a child, so she should also go to prison like a man would, I don't see why women are treated like delicate little flowers when they're committing crimes the same as men do and get sent down for it, it makes a mockery of the justice system and gives no sort of justice for the victims whatsoever .

Oh I agree any cases of statutory rape where the person knowingly slept with a minor should be treated equally but I'm just saying that when the shoe is on the other foot the girls are almost blamed for seducing the men like that case last year where the actual Judge said something like when sentencing the man

Tom4784 24-08-2015 03:21 PM

Shocked that she didn't get a prison term tbh. The case is pretty open and shut so I'd be interested in knowing why she got off so lightly.

arista 24-08-2015 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 8080289)
Shocked that she didn't get a prison term tbh. The case is pretty open and shut so I'd be interested in knowing why she got off so lightly.

I think it USA Laws
as she was honest about it
at the last minute etc

smudgie 24-08-2015 04:14 PM

Depends what 4th degree rape means, the article doesn't explain much.
Older woman having an affair with a 15 year old, no different to a man having an affair with a 15 year old girl.
If they know their ages then jail the beggars.

bitontheslide 24-08-2015 05:29 PM

looks like its all part of this plea bargaining stuff they do in the USA, as the victim is also to receive 10K, which I find a bit weird personally. Tying cash as some sort of penance for a crime just doesn't sit well with me when it is this type of offence.

JoshBB 24-08-2015 06:18 PM

I don't know what "fourth-degree" rape means exactly, but rape by any kind is disgusting and she shouldn't be treated any differently than a male rapist would.

Whether she's getting special treatment because she's a woman or not is unclear, because the whole 'fourth-degree' thing I have no idea what that means.

LeatherTrumpet 24-08-2015 08:14 PM

why is it a rape. did she force herself on him?

Vanessa 24-08-2015 08:15 PM

D::omgno:

Niamh. 24-08-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8081282)

probably statatory rape I'd imagine

the truth 24-08-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8080243)

drivel....women get away with it in this man hating sexist backwards culture

Mystic Mock 24-08-2015 09:43 PM

She doesn't look like how I pictured her in my head lol.

I know that it's been asked on this thread, but what does fourth degree rape mean? I've never heard of that term before.

Mystic Mock 24-08-2015 09:43 PM

I know that it's been asked on this thread, but what does fourth degree rape mean? I've never heard of that term before.

Niamh. 24-08-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 8081580)
drivel....women get away with it in this man hating sexist backwards culture

Blah blah blah

Ryan57 24-08-2015 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 8081892)

Intercourse with a minor and the offender is over the age of 30. Along with other things, which may vary from state to state, not 100% sure if that's the case.

arista 25-08-2015 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8081282)

Yes She Did

Out Right Rape of a Minor

Ammi 25-08-2015 08:00 AM

..this is interesting because it does seem like a 'deal' could have been done with attorneys at the last minute...there was also that case that Amy posted of the young 19yr old boy whose punishment was far more severe because the judge wanted to 'make an example'...the thing is I guess, in the UK, we don't have different state laws either, it's just one law for all...but not the same in the US, is it..?...so depending as well, maybe on which state these crimes are committed in..?...

the truth 25-08-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8081918)
Blah blah blah

yeah a child has been raped and all you can say is blah blah blah absolutely disgusting comment shame on you:nono:

Niamh. 25-08-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 8083445)
yeah a child has been raped and all you can say is blah blah blah absolutely disgusting comment shame on you:nono:

yes because I was referring to the child being raped there and not your comment about sexist man hating backward culture.......:idc:

LeatherTrumpet 25-08-2015 02:35 PM

Arista are you sure she forced herself on this youth?

Using the word rape here I think is confusing. The fact that rape can mean this silly bitch and a man in a balaclava dragging a woman into a bush and violently abusing her is not helpful I dont think

I presume the guy thought he was quids in rather than horrified?

Niamh. 25-08-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8083645)
Arista are you sure she forced herself on this youth?

Using the word rape here I think is confusing. The fact that rape can mean this silly bitch and a man in a balaclava dragging a woman into a bush and violently abusing her is not helpful I dont think

I presume the guy thought he was quids in rather than horrified?

4th degree rape is statutory rape

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/decode/11/5/II/770