ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=676)
-   -   Gail Porter Gail shaving Austin's hair off (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287995)

Dollface 07-09-2015 09:53 PM

Gail shaving Austin's hair off

So i just had a thought - anyone else find it weird that she actually went ahead and started shaving his hair off?
Like, imo, if i was gail and austin asked me to shave his hair off, i'd say no. I wouldn't want to potentially ruin someones looks just because they wanted to like honor me in some way. She started crying as if like "omg this is such a shocking and lovely thing to do" but SHE was the one that actually suggested her fellow housemates shave their hair off?!
sorry if i'm ranting about her a lot recently, it's just her self pitying and crying and moaning is doing my head in lmao.

Jordan. 07-09-2015 09:54 PM

A vindictive move to remove his golden locks

Daniel. 07-09-2015 09:54 PM

His hair will grow back though, so I just see it as a nice gesture

rusticgal 07-09-2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dollface (Post 8126643)
So i just had a thought - anyone else find it weird that she actually went ahead and started shaving his hair off?
Like, imo, if i was gail and austin asked me to shave his hair off, i'd say no. I wouldn't want to potentially ruin someones looks just because they wanted to like honor me in some way. She started crying as if like "omg this is such a shocking and lovely thing to do" but SHE was the one that actually suggested her fellow housemates shave their hair off?!
sorry if i'm ranting about her a lot recently, it's just her self pitying and crying and moaning is doing my head in lmao.

Agree...I would have appreciated the gesture but wouldn't encourage him. However having said that...at least his hair would grow back!!

Dollface 07-09-2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel_ (Post 8126647)
His hair will grow back though, so I just see it as a nice gesture

Yeah i mean i don't think him losing his hair was a big deal (1. he looks great without it & 2. it was short, it will grow back in no time) but i think even if one of the long haired girls tried to make the same gesture, she would have shaved their hair too. (obviously, i don't know that for sure!!) but yeah that's just what i think, i wouldn't have done it if i were her

Dollface 07-09-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 8126654)
Agree...I would have appreciated the gesture but wouldn't encourage him. However having said that...at least his hair would grow back!!

yeah same, i would've been like "aww that's so sweet!! but no i really don't want you to do that" and i would have refused to shave it and probably would have got angry with him if he'd carried on going on about doing it lmao.

rusticgal 07-09-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dollface (Post 8126659)
yeah same, i would've been like "aww that's so sweet!! but no i really don't want you to do that" and i would have refused to shave it and probably would have got angry with him if he'd carried on going on about doing it lmao.

....a pointless excercise..just give her the sympathy she deserves.

Visage 07-09-2015 10:13 PM

He got his revenge by putting her up.

Ashley. 07-09-2015 10:14 PM

He asked her to do it

the truth 07-09-2015 10:25 PM

and tonight he did the opposite, he was team brits and pro gail, 24 hrs later hes pro usa and anti gail. what a pair of corny fake twats

Lostie! 07-09-2015 10:27 PM

She was reluctant but he told her again to do it. It was all his decision.

rusticgal 07-09-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley. (Post 8126686)
He asked her to do it

Does that mean she would put her head in the oven if he asked her to do it?? Of course not....she should have just appreciated his gesture..she didn't have to do it!

Visage 07-09-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 8126708)
Does that mean she would put her head in the oven if he asked her to do it?? Of course not....

:joker:

Dollface 07-09-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostie! (Post 8126707)
She was reluctant but he told her again to do it. It was all his decision.

:conf: She wasn't reluctant lmao, she was the one that said "If you all shaved your heads tonight..." and then started crying (once again) and THEN austin said "give me a razor and i'll do it right now" she didn't once say "noo austin don't do that, i don't want you to do that"

Jake. 07-09-2015 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visage (Post 8126679)

:joker:

Lostie! 08-09-2015 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 8126708)
Does that mean she would put her head in the oven if he asked her to do it?? Of course not....she should have just appreciated his gesture..she didn't have to do it!

I'm not sure putting your head in the oven and shaving someone's hair on request are quite comparable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dollface (Post 8126757)
:conf: She wasn't reluctant lmao, she was the one that said "If you all shaved your heads tonight..." and then started crying (once again) and THEN austin said "give me a razor and i'll do it right now" she didn't once say "noo austin don't do that, i don't want you to do that"

She was reluctant, she even said "I'm not shaving your hair off" and he told her again he wanted her to.

And when she said "If all of you shaved your hair off..." she wasn't actually suggesting they do it, she was making a point that they would probably feel sad too if that was the case.

As for her crying, she's an emotional person. Some people are, I don't personally think it's something that warrants derision.

goldensunlight 08-09-2015 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visage (Post 8126679)

:laugh: Absolutely.

But yeah, I thought it was weird too. I don't understand why she even suggested it in the first place.

Lostie! 08-09-2015 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldensunlight (Post 8126831)
:laugh: Absolutely.

But yeah, I thought it was weird too. I don't understand why she even suggested it in the first place.

She didn't. He did.

goldensunlight 08-09-2015 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostie! (Post 8126832)
She didn't. He did.

"If all you shaved your hair off..."

You can't deny that wasn't a major hint.

Dollface 08-09-2015 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostie! (Post 8126809)
I'm not sure putting your head in the oven and shaving someone's hair on request are quite comparable.

She was reluctant, she even said "I'm not shaving your hair off" and he told her again he wanted her to.

And when she said "If all of you shaved your hair off..." she wasn't actually suggesting they do it, she was making a point that they would probably feel sad too if that was the case.

As for her crying, she's an emotional person. Some people are, I don't personally think it's something that warrants derision.

I never heard her say "I'm not shaving your hair off" tbh. He wouldn't have asked for his head to be shaved if she didn't suggest they do it. Idk you see an emotional person, I see someone self pitying.

rusticgal 08-09-2015 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostie! (Post 8126809)

...lost in translation....don't take everything literally. The point being made is just because Austin ASKED her to do it, doesn't mean she HAD to!!! :shrug:

RhysJones 08-09-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 8126705)
and tonight he did the opposite, he was team brits and pro gail, 24 hrs later hes pro usa and anti gail. what a pair of corny fake twats

he's in team UK, so why shouldn't he be pro USA, and of course he was going to put Gail up over James

Cherie 08-09-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 8127062)
...lost in translation....don't take everything literally. The point being made is just because Austin ASKED her to do it, doesn't mean she HAD to!!! :shrug:

Agree with you Rusti

Ant. 08-09-2015 04:49 PM

I don't really see it as ruining looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, I'm sure Austin is confident enough in himself to know he's a good looking guy, he's a married man and has probably heard he's good looking, I don't think his husband or a lot of people are gonna suddenly think "oh he's ugly because he's not got his hair'. Granted a few will, but as said, beauty in in the eye of the beholder.

What I got from it is that Austin wanted to do it to prove how much he respects Gail and her strength and it visibly made Gail happy. Did she have to do it? No, but you could say that about anything. The bottom line is it made Gail happy and Austin wanted to do it to show his respect (we could argue all night he did it to get people on his side, but let's agree to disagree because we don't know how he felt or his intentions)