ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Perez Hilton sparks online backlash (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289811)

Niamh. 05-10-2015 01:29 PM

Perez Hilton sparks online backlash

Thoughts on this? I don't see anything wrong with it tbh :/

Perez Hilton sparks online backlash after posting picture in the shower with his son: Some brand it 'creepy' while others say there is 'nothing wrong' with parents bathing with their young children

Perez Hilton sparked an online backlash after sharing a snap of himself and his two-year-old son in the shower together.

The celebrity blogger, whose real name is Mario Lavanderia, posted the picture - where both he and Mario are grinning widely - on Instagram yesterday.

Alongside the snap, he wrote: ‘Our family motto is: #fun! We try and incorporate fun into as much of the everyday things we do! #Bathtime.’

And it didn’t take very long for others on social media to react strongly with comments suggesting the scenario is ‘kinda creepy’ and ‘odd’.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3968124617.jpg

Angrier comments said ‘this is child abuse’, while another user wrote: ‘IS THIS A JOKE THEY’RE BOTH NAKED’.

Perez replied to one comment, saying: ‘I had my bathing suit on, and I didn’t feel the need to clarify that in the caption.’

However, fans and fellow parents defended Hilton, with one writing: ‘It’s not wrong at all. They are father and son.’

Another said: ‘Only creepy if you’re not a parent!’

One follower told Hilton: ‘No need to explain yourself. Shorts or not, nudity is nothing to be ashamed of and it’s how we teach our children about our bodies.’
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3968270878.jpg

Another added: ‘Parents often bathe with their young children. Now, if it continues when the child is beginning puberty, then that may be weird.’

Another said: 'Anyone who's a parent didn't see this as creepy because as adult parents we know the day-to-day life of raising children.'

Meanwhile Hilton told DailyMail.com: 'Everyone does what they see fit as a parent. Personally, I enjoy putting on my swim trunks and taking a shower with my son as often as possible.

'I'd rather do that than leave him unattended, which will not happen until he's older and I'm confident he can be safe alone.'

Mario, who was conceived using an egg donor and a surrogate mother, is Hilton's eldest child.

His daughter Mia was born in May this year, also via surrogate. Hilton remains single and is raising his children with the help of his mother and a nanny.

Soon after the birth of his daughter, he said he decided to become a father on his own because he ‘didn’t want to worry about a relationship of mine interfering with the happiness and well-being of my children'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3nhSHsrHn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

kirklancaster 05-10-2015 01:33 PM

FFS - Is there nothing innocent now beyond the toxic reach of the PC 'Police'? It is a perfectly normal photograph of an obviously doting dad with his kid. :shrug:

Suze 05-10-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 8202143)
FFS - Is there nothing innocent now beyond the toxic reach of the PC 'Police'? It is a perfectly normal photograph of an obviously doting dad with his kid. :shrug:

I agree Kirk. It is also a good way of keeping an eye on children that young when you can't really take your eyes off them for a minute where water is concerned.

Ammi 05-10-2015 01:40 PM

..I think most parents have bathed with their young children, I did as well and also their dad did and I don't think it would be healthy personally for children to feel an awkwardness from their parents about it...they would pick up on that and could feel really self conscious themselves...that comes in time anyway as they get older and it comes naturally...is this because of CBB and because he was so much called a 'pervert' but also a bad parent if I recall..so everything he does now with his children is scrutinised to try to 'taint' it...mind you, even if I was a celebrity, I personally wouldn't make personal pictures like that, public to the media...

kirklancaster 05-10-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze (Post 8202149)
I agree Kirk. It is also a good way of keeping an eye on children that young when you can't really take your eyes off them for a minute where water is concerned.

True Suze. It's a feelgood happy photo if anything. Some cretins need to get a life and keep their noses and dirty minds out of other peoples lives.

Ammi 05-10-2015 01:41 PM

..they look like two gorgeously happy children...:lovedup:...

Samuel. 05-10-2015 01:46 PM

I don't like these "social media says" news articles, they never state how many actually complain and I wouldn't be at all surprised if DM just find the two or three negative comments and spin it as a story, obviously with the assumption as a reader that these comments represent a sizeable portion of the response.

Jessica. 05-10-2015 01:49 PM

I don't like Perez but I think he should be praised for having enough thought process to wash his baby rather than being called creepy. :worry: I think the picture is quite cute actually, never thought I'd say that about a picture with Perez in it.

Northern Monkey 05-10-2015 01:59 PM

Nothing wrong with it.As said in the OP,The only people who think it's weird are obvs not parents.
I don't do it but that's because there is'nt enough room in our bath for me and two boys,They bath together and play with their bath toys and we play pirates:laugh:.I can't see why it's weird or anything though.

The only creepy thing is Perez's face but that's always like that.

Toy Soldier 05-10-2015 02:07 PM

Nothing wrong with it at all, it's just people projecting their own weird issues onto it. I went in the shower with mine all the time at that age :/.

Also, I wouldn't bathe / shower with my 5 year old, but I don't have a problem with her seeing me naked? Why would it be weird?

Ashley. 05-10-2015 02:19 PM

The only thing wrong with the photo is the fact that Perez' face is in it. :fan:

Admittedly a bit of a weird place to take a photo but there's nothing disgusting about it.

Kyle 05-10-2015 02:20 PM

This is what happens when you give morons a platform to speak and be seen.

Pre-Internet if somebody came out with something like one of those comments they'd get laughed out the room.

Black Dagger 05-10-2015 02:22 PM

I fail to see the issue. Says more about them than him

Jamie89 05-10-2015 03:31 PM

I can't believe this is a even a story.

Jake. 05-10-2015 03:35 PM

Ridiculous, no problem with mums having baths with their children so this is no different

arista 05-10-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _LucasMichael_ (Post 8202205)
I fail to see the issue. Says more about them than him

must be because they hate gays

LeatherTrumpet 05-10-2015 03:43 PM

The comments on social media will be from teens

Source name and age please or it should not be published

This is why we used to train journalists

LukeB 05-10-2015 03:44 PM

nothing wrong with this tbh

LeatherTrumpet 05-10-2015 03:45 PM

It is his blood kid, right?

Niamh. 05-10-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8202399)
It is his blood kid, right?

I think so, I think he used a surrogate, didn't he?

Will. 05-10-2015 03:47 PM

My dad and mum use to get in the bath with me up until I was like 4/5 I think.

Vanessa 05-10-2015 03:47 PM

He was wearing his swimming shorts in there. I really don't see what the big deal is.

Niamh. 05-10-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 8202404)
He was wearing his swimming shorts in there. I really don't see what the big deal is.

Doesn't even matter if he wasn't anyway

Vanessa 05-10-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8202407)
Doesn't even matter if he wasn't anyway

I agree.

LeatherTrumpet 05-10-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8202402)
I think so, I think he used a surrogate, didn't he?

That's ok

If the kid was adopted and they were naked I woukd say no