ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=590)
-   -   ITV slam Lady C bullying claims as they back Duncan Bannatyne and Tony Hadley (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293038)

GiRTh 06-12-2015 05:13 PM

ITV slam Lady C bullying claims as they back Duncan Bannatyne and Tony Hadley

ITV slam Lady C bullying claims as they back Duncan Bannatyne and Tony Hadley

Quote:

]
In a statement following Lady C's explosive interview a spokesperson for ITV has said "no one who has left the camp so far has said she was bullied"

ITV has blasted Lady Colin Campbell 's claims she was mistreated in I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here .

The 66-year-old socialite had slammed producers of the show for not giving her an orthopaedic bed that was promised to her during her stint.

And since leaving the jungle, Lady C has threatened to take Tony Hadley and Duncan Bannatyne to court after she said they "bullied" her.

But it now appears that ITV are fully backing the two men in regards to these claims, saying it was Lady C "who resorted to name calling and offensive remarks".

Lady Colin Campbell has said she was bullied in the camp by Duncan Bannatyne and Tony Hadley

A spokesperson for ITV responded to Lady C's comments including her comments that she was bullied by Tony and Duncan - insisting that no one else had expressed any worry about the way she was treated in camp.

The statement read: "Producers responded fully to Lady C's medical requirements by giving her the camouflaged bed which viewers saw was placed on her bed and by giving her a hard backed chair to sit in that was also featured on the show.

"As has always been the case what viewers see is a fair and accurate representation of what goes on in camp."

Read more: Lady C says I'm a Celeb is 'horses**t' as she walks away with full £70k fee from ITV

Referring to the bullying: "No-one who has left the camp so far has said she was being bullied.

"Indeed, it was Lady C who resorted to name calling and offensive remarks in her exchanges with Duncan and Tony."

In regards to her walking away with her full £70,000 fee the statement finished: "We cannot divulge contractual information about our celebrities.'

Lady C said in her interview with the Mail on Sunday, that the way she was treated by Tony and Duncan in the jungle brought back memories of childhood bullying, and claimed the show's psychiatrist had also "made the connection" meaning there could be potential for "real damage" and a "massive lawsuit".

"It is quite clear that Duncan and Tony were not going to desist and ITV could not shut them up without violating their right to talk freely on the show," she said.

"So that is the real reason I left. They wanted me out because they could not protect me. They needed to get me out."

Rex Lady Colin Campbell on 'I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!'
Unpopular guest: Lady C didn't make herself many friends on I'm a Celebrity

After explaining that she visited the show's psychiatrists up to "several times a day" to complain about bullying, she said that the only way to get something done was to threaten the channel with legal action.

"In the end I pointed out that I was going to take steps. I realised that the button to press was legal, and my goodness did it work."

Despite walking from the show before being voted out, because Lady C left on medical grounds she has been allowed to keep her full fee.

LINK

LeatherTrumpet 06-12-2015 05:17 PM

to summarise

Whilst the younger members were scared of her and initially thought she was awesome, the older ones were not intimidated and saw straight thru her. When she was called out on her behaviour by them she pulled out the bullying card to try and paper-over her disgusting behavoir.

No one was fooled and she remains a quite vile old hag

chuff me dizzy 06-12-2015 05:18 PM

Justice has been done .........shes a PROVEN liar

GiRTh 06-12-2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph the Carpenter (Post 8335692)
to summarise

Whilst the younger members were scared of her and initially thought she was awesome, the older ones were not intimidated and saw straight thru her. When she was called out on her behaviour by them she pulled out the bullying card to try and paper-over her disgusting behavoir.

No one was fooled and she remains a quite vile old hag

:clap1:

Can a mod change the title please? It should be ITV at the beginning not just TV.

Ross. 06-12-2015 05:21 PM

No Lady C for all stars then

Kazanne 06-12-2015 05:22 PM

Money grabbing old bint,would sell her soul for a fiver,the only bully in there was her,and we all know it really.

Cherie 06-12-2015 05:25 PM

ITV have a brand to protect, they are not going to confirm that they sat back and did nothing in the interests of ratings and advertising, they might find it hard to attract campmates for future series if they agreed she had been badly treated, the key here is she kept her fee....:whistle:

arista 06-12-2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 8335695)
:clap1:

Can a mod change the title please? It should be ITV at the beginning not just TV.

You can edit it.

Click Edit
then click "go advanced"
then edit the title

GiRTh 06-12-2015 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 8335721)
You can edit it.

Click Edit
then click "go advanced"
then edit the title

Cheers. I never knew that. :thumbs:

LeatherTrumpet 06-12-2015 05:33 PM

number of campmates who will agree with her when this is finished...

Spoiler:

none

Calderyon 06-12-2015 06:04 PM

Case closed then.

I do not believe she was bullied and it seems none of the other camp mates (other than the one with an agenda).

Denver 06-12-2015 06:09 PM

Lying bastards

tt4079 06-12-2015 06:29 PM

I believe she thinks she was bullied but she was not. A very difficult woman that most people would find hard to get on with in that environment. I think the ones that got on with her were intimidated by her and therefore didn't want to get on the wrong side of her.

Cherie 06-12-2015 06:44 PM

So they are saying she walked? Why pay her fee then

waterhog 06-12-2015 06:44 PM

can I just point out - I am never wrong and I married ladyC at the start - we was divorced by the end of im a celeb :cheer2:

she is hard work.

Cherie 06-12-2015 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhog (Post 8335919)
can I just point out - I am never wrong and I married ladyC at the start - we was divorced by the end of im a celeb :cheer2:

she is hard work.

:joker: marry in haste Hog

reece(: 06-12-2015 07:04 PM

She deserves a bonus on her fee for being the most entertaining campmate ever:clap1:

Tarryn 06-12-2015 07:18 PM

She thought all campmates would bow down to her & when some did not she cries "bullies". Awful person.

erinp5 06-12-2015 08:01 PM

Well... they are hardly going to agree with her that they?

erinp5 06-12-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 8335969)
She deserves a bonus on her fee for being the most entertaining campmate ever:clap1:

Very true , if it was not for her Tony and Purple would have had no airtime . As for the others..... we barely seen them , it's been the Vicky show....and how contrived is she...can't forget George who just sits there looking like a furby...

Kazanne 06-12-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie Christmas (Post 8335918)
So they are saying she walked? Why pay her fee then

It was probably easier to pay her to get rid of her for them:hehe:

Kazanne 06-12-2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinp5 (Post 8336415)
Very true , if it was not for her Tony and Purple would have had no airtime . As for the others..... we barely seen them , it's been the Vicky show....and how contrived is she...can't forget George who just sits there looking like a furby...

Same could be said the other way round,if she didn't have Tony and Duncan to pick on doubt she'de have got so much air time,she needed them for her sympathy card vote.:smug:

jaxie 06-12-2015 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinp5 (Post 8336415)

:joker: furby

Cherie 06-12-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinselbells (Post 8336500)
It was probably easier to pay her to get rid of her for them:hehe:

Easier in what sense if she had no case then ta ta :shrug:

jaxie 06-12-2015 08:43 PM

I think she was volatile sometimes but I think it was provoked. It was two to one and I do think they influenced a lot of the other campmates as well. I think she was treated poorly.

With regard tony, what a pig. All his remarks about wearing a bell boy hat being beneath him basically was like saying anyone who has to do that job was beneath him. Not everyone can sing, some people have to earn their living that way. In fact on the QM2 its a proud tradition.