ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB17 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=683)
-   -   Cheers for Jeremy, Boos for Stephanie (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296292)

hot2go 23-01-2016 11:44 AM

Cheers for Jeremy, Boos for Stephanie

Very interesting dynamic....I'm curious to see what they both do with that....his popularity will make him a better proportion to Steph now.....but will her boos make him do a u turn ?

Headie 23-01-2016 11:45 AM

He is just as bad as her, it annoys me how much he is able to get away with tbh

Tarryn 23-01-2016 11:47 AM

I doubt it. He keeps running back to her like a lost puppy. Without this awful showmance both have no place in the house.
I can't believe anybody would bother to vote to keep either in.
They are truly the most annoying couple I think I have ever seen.

Ant. 23-01-2016 11:48 AM

Stephanie is the one who's begging for him and crying over Jeremy while Jeremy is at least trying to distance himself from her (even though he's going back at times) and has a boyfriend, while Jeremy is single

I hate the both of them but Jeremy isn't the one mouthing off at housemates and is flirting with a boy when she has a boyfriend on the outside.

alex_front2 23-01-2016 12:18 PM

Usually it's the mistress is a woman having an affair with a taken/ married man eg Kristina Siberian Siran. But in this case the mistress is a guy Jeremy and the taken person Stephanie - different dynamic yet the female still gets all the hate regardless if she is the mistress or the one in the relationship? Why do we say "poor Jeremy"? Noone sympathises with the female mistresses. Noone sympathised with Rebecca Loos, Jordan and her betraying chumbs, Anthea Turner, Angelina Jolie, Camilla Parker Bowls and other mistresses of married and taken men, so why do we feel sorry for Jeremy?

Heck there isn't even a word for a male mistress.

Northern Monkey 23-01-2016 12:18 PM

Jeremy is single.Stephanie is acting like a slag.That's why she gets the boos she deserves.Although i would boo Jeremy for being a mug and letting her do it.

Vicky. 23-01-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilbro (Post 8453712)
Stephanie is the one who's begging for him and crying over Jeremy while Jeremy is at least trying to distance himself from her (even though he's going back at times) and has a boyfriend, while Jeremy is single

I hate the both of them but Jeremy isn't the one mouthing off at housemates and is flirting with a boy when she has a boyfriend on the outside.

This.

Still not understanding people who think they are both as bad as each other tbh. He's not innocent in this of course, but she is a hell of a lot worse given its actually her with a boyfriend, her blaming everyone else, and most of all, her pissing me off with her endless blubbing about it all.

alex_front2 23-01-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Monkey (Post 8453759)
Jeremy is single.Stephanie is acting like a slag.That's why she gets the boos she deserves.Although i would boo Jeremy for being a mug and letting her do it.

So you had no issues with Rebecca Loos, Kristina etx and other mistresses then. You never called them slags? Or is it just the females irregardless of whether they are the married / taken or the mistress. It feels like the men whether the mistress or the married man gets off Scott free.

Pete. 23-01-2016 12:24 PM

Did we expect any different?

Vicky. 23-01-2016 12:25 PM

Having said that, his cheers were slightly mind boggling. He has done nowt for ages besides be Stephs lapdog

Then again Daniella is cheered each week, having also done nothing at all

Northern Monkey 23-01-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 8453765)
So you had no issues with Rebecca Loos, Kristina etx and other mistresses then. You never called them slags? Or is it just the females irregardless of whether they are the married / taken or the mistress. It feels like the men whether the mistress or the married man gets off Scott free.

It's not that i had no issue with these people.I had no interest in them.

Jason. 23-01-2016 12:25 PM

Gives me Hazel being crucified by the public and Daley (the one with the GF outside) not receiving an ounce of criticism teas

LukeB 23-01-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 8453701)
He is just as bad as her, it annoys me how much he is able to get away with tbh

I agree, single or not he's still in the wrong as it takes two to have an affair. Remember CBB4? Preston didn't get any slack with the Chantelle thing and Stephanie gets loads..

hot2go 23-01-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 8453758)
Usually it's the mistress is a woman having an affair with a taken/ married man eg Kristina Siberian Siran. But in this case the mistress is a guy Jeremy and the taken person Stephanie - different dynamic yet the female still gets all the hate regardless if she is the mistress or the one in the relationship? Why do we say "poor Jeremy"? Noone sympathises with the female mistresses. Noone sympathised with Rebecca Loos, Jordan and her betraying chumbs, Anthea Turner, Angelina Jolie, Camilla Parker Bowls and other mistresses of married and taken men, so why do we feel sorry for Jeremy?

Heck there isn't even a word for a male mistress.

This is a mans world.......but he'd be nothing without a woman or a girl ............. ( apparently )b:laugh:

LeatherTrumpet 23-01-2016 01:24 PM

women as mothers and homemakers will always get more flak in a situation like this

its bred into us over thousands and thousands of years

Tom4784 23-01-2016 01:54 PM

He's not ugly so he'll be forgiven for anything he does.

hot2go 23-01-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 8453775)
I agree, single or not he's still in the wrong as it takes two to have an affair. Remember CBB4? Preston didn't get any slack with the Chantelle thing and Stephanie gets loads..

What affair ? He's hardly taken her ' up the snug ' has he ?

All he's done is find himself attracted to someone who is already in a relationship.....happens every day all over the world....you could say that Megan was in a relationship with Scotty yet still tons of blokes watching fancy her....

Jeremy just fancies her, most normal healthy thing in the world .....she's telling him she's gonna dump her fella when she gets out ...and he's waiting for that time to arrive.....what's so tragic, he ain't naked with her or snogging her on camera or trying to get into her knickers

He's being very restraint considering how much he likes her....what's he supposed to do...move next door...oh wait, I just remembered, there isn't a next door is there ?

Livia 23-01-2016 01:54 PM

Jeremy wasn't in a relationship, Stephane was.

Interestingly, Kristina wasn't in a relationship and Ben Cohen was... and yet she's still the "homewrecker".

Tom4784 23-01-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 8453981)
Jeremy wasn't in a relationship, Stephane was.

Interestingly, Kristina wasn't in a relationship and Ben Cohen was... and yet she's still the "homewrecker".

Men never get the blame, at worst they'll be called a love rat but that's still basically a badge of honour.

Vicky. 23-01-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 8453999)
Men never get the blame, at worst they'll be called a love rat but that's still basically a badge of honour.

To who? :umm2:

Love rat I have never seen used as a good thing :laugh:

Ask Darren...

Livia 23-01-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 8454005)

Ask Darren...

Oh yeah... he did have some really bad press back in the day, as I recall.

Jack_ 23-01-2016 02:21 PM

He was cheered cause he's an attractive male and the crowd are scummy morons.

Having said that, in situations like these the person who is cheating takes all of the blame...he has at least tried to distance himself from her. He isn't the one in a relationship, it's not his problem. And I would be saying the same if it were the other way round...unfortunately the crowd wouldn't, and would no doubt still cheer the man but boo the woman.

Tom4784 23-01-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 8454005)

Ask Darren...

Compared to what women get in the same situation it's nothing and unlike with women, it's not a tag that lasts long since it soon changes to something like 'Lothario' or something a lot more pleasant.

hot2go 23-01-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 8453999)

Men don't get the blame because women attack women...nearly all the vitreol thrown at Steph on here came from the women...their is no solidarity amongst women, they attack each other...
If there's one rule for men and another for women then I'm afraid it's women who enforce that rule

Amy Jade 23-01-2016 02:36 PM

While I'll give him some credit for trying to distance himself I detest how he's now acting like the victim of the situation, Yes Steph is the one with a boyfriend but she hasn't sprung it on him has she? he knew from the start she was attached and she's never said she would dump him for Jeremy so he's not really in any position to act like the injured party at all.

I don't think he's attractive either, crap personality and a weasel face...no ty