ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   BBC3's final day on air today (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297964)

Denver 15-02-2016 10:37 AM

BBC3's final day on air today

For all the BBC3 fans I'd thought Id remind you all that today is the final day it will be on TV before it movies online tomorrow.

A end of a era for the youth of this century.

Mitchell 15-02-2016 10:50 AM

Can't wait for this to bite the BBC right on the arse

Black Dagger 15-02-2016 10:54 AM

All its produced that was worthy of airtime in the past few years was Eurovision semi finals and the odd Reggio Yates/ Stacey Dooley documentary anyway. Cya later.

Denver 15-02-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 8517095)
Can't wait for this to bite the BBC right on the arse

This is what the government has forced them to do just another way for the youngsters to be forgotten

Denver 15-02-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _LucasMichael_ (Post 8517102)
All its produced that was worthy of airtime in the past few years was Eurovision semi finals and the odd Reggio Yates/ Stacey Dooley documentary anyway. Cya later.

They made a lot of interesting drams actually including Murdered By My Boyfriend which was fantastic

Daniel-X 15-02-2016 11:17 AM

I think the BBC will regret this as time goes on. I just can't see this online thing being a hit for them. BBC Three have produced lots of entertaining 'trashy' tv type shows such as Snog Marry Avoid which I adore but some real classics like Gavin and Stacey too.

T* 15-02-2016 11:27 AM

Family Guy & American Dad is going to ITV2 so I don't really care anymore, I can't wait for BBC to do a U turn when they've realised they've ****ed themselves over and alienated possibly one of the biggest viewership groups... Bye.

T* 15-02-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 8517109)
This is what the government has forced them to do just another way for the youngsters to be forgotten

Government didn't make them do jack****
They could of easily made amends by making CBBC air up until 7pm on BBC3 and CBeebies on BBC4... They don't know what the **** they're doing

Denver 15-02-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom* (Post 8517137)
Government didn't make them do jack****
They could of easily made amends by making CBBC air up until 7pm on BBC3 and CBeebies on BBC4... They don't know what the **** they're doing

Of course they did the government are in total control of the BBC they made them do mass cuts another reason why they had to axe the voice

Alf 15-02-2016 12:06 PM

Samm 15-02-2016 12:08 PM

Still don't understand why they just don't axe BBC4 instead, I'll doubt I will remember to watch it online unless they advertise a program that I like

Denver 15-02-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Sam~ (Post 8517175)
Still don't understand why they just don't axe BBC4 instead, I'll doubt I will remember to watch it online unless they advertise a program that I like

This.

They have some good stuff coming up like Cuckoo and life on death row but I doubt I'll remember to watch them online

Alf 15-02-2016 12:38 PM

So does that mean that 'The Mighty Boosh' is the channels greatest ever show?

Black Dagger 15-02-2016 12:40 PM

Cuckoo is ****ing dire.

arista 15-02-2016 12:45 PM

Roll on BBC1+1

Nicky91 15-02-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Sam~ (Post 8517175)

don't axe BBC4, at least not yet

i still want to watch Eurovision: You Decide on the 26th

from the Netherlands, i watch a lot of british telly

Crimewatch ( with my favourite host Kirsty Young )

Strictly Come Dancing

The Voice UK

Eurovision ( loved the final last year with Graham Norton's commentary )

The Great British Bake Off ( Always love that show) last year i rooted for Flora to win

Samm 15-02-2016 01:49 PM

^That would of been on BBC3 tho

T* 15-02-2016 02:44 PM

BBC 4 is amazing for the Charlie Brooker stuff, none of it should be going tbh

T* 15-02-2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 8517142)
Of course they did the government are in total control of the BBC they made them do mass cuts another reason why they had to axe the voice

Not in total control...
And I said about the budget cuts they didn't actually say 'kill of BBC 3 and the voice' :facepalm:

LeatherTrumpet 15-02-2016 02:50 PM

bbc 4 is great for music stuff

reece(: 15-02-2016 04:38 PM

http://i.imgur.com/HOfD1rC.gif

EspeonBB 15-02-2016 04:40 PM

I have no idea why they're going ahead with the cull but RIP

zakman440 15-02-2016 05:03 PM

(A bit lengthy but)

A day that I never expected or wanted to see. It's honestly such a shame that the BBC Trust gave them permission to go ahead with the closure - there are so many flaws with the plans. The Daily Drop is absolutely dire and is essentially the BBC's take on Buzzfeed (only much worse - most of the articles on there I've sat and thought "someone was actually paid to write this"), which'll probably end up getting shut down or merged into Newsbeat by the end of the year (seeing as that's where most of the content is coming from atm). They also haven't done a good enough job of explaining the move - it's not just a case of shutting off the TV stream and broadcasting online - it'll essentially be BBC Netflix but with only 2 hours worth of new programming a week (no stream, no schedule). Not to mention the fact that the money saved will be put back into BBC One anyway.

BBC Three is also capable of making great programming - look at the success of classics like Little Britain, The Mighty Boosh, Don't Tell The Bride etc, but also newer hits like Professor Green: Suicide and Me, Murder in Successvile, The Revolution Will Be Televised etc. I highly doubt that they'll be able to find and nurture talent like those who featured in the above shows on a solely online platform - the exposure just isn't there.

Viewers will also miss out on the great live music coverage - such as Glastonbury, Radio 1's Big Weekend, Reading & Leeds etc. They'll be gone from the television screens.

It's just such a ridiculous decision to do this - most people don't have a stable internet connection (myself included) and will miss out as a result of this. They'd have been better off shutting down BBC Four and merging it into BBC Two - they both show very similar programming/have a very similar audience and up until recently even shared a controller.

(Also, rumour has it the BBC are going to merge Three and Radio 1 together at some point anyway, so that's just another thing to add to the list of why this exercise is pointless).

TLDR: I'm against the move :laugh:

Black Dagger 15-02-2016 05:10 PM

Glastonbury etc are being shown on BBC4 and they're good at streaming that online anyway.

LukeB 15-02-2016 05:17 PM

Some girls was an amazing show on bbc3 and being human, galvin and stacey too but that moved due to it being way too popular