ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=635)
-   -   What is so good about CBB13? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300269)

Cal. 16-04-2016 12:18 PM

What is so good about CBB13?

I'm watching it right now and besides the three L's (Luisa, Linda, Liz) I can't see anything good going for it. The majority of the cast are bores and the majority of the airtime is focused on the tedious Lee/Casey/Jasmine thing and the rest goes to Jim and Dappy being truly odious people.

Black Dagger 16-04-2016 12:21 PM

Linda is definitely not one of the good things apart of CBB13 :bored:

I think I enjoyed just how messy and tragic it was. Lee Ryan being an unexpected villain, Lionel Blair being an enigma <3. It wasn't as forced on the drama element of recent series (outside of Linda and Jim), it had that charm of humour that is needed. The 18+ task is one of my favourite of recent years.

Lostie! 16-04-2016 12:21 PM

Yeah I didn't love it either. It was fine, not a bad series by any means but nothing special either imo.

*mazedsalv** 16-04-2016 12:32 PM

I loved it. It got better throughout, one of the rare ones like BB10 which IMO got better in the 2nd half.

As Lucas said, it was tragic, we got villains who everyone thought would be a winner on launch (Lee), Luisa who was a fantastic HM, and the Top 2 made up of people who were seen in a bad way before entering, even the reality show ones, yes a bit dull, but were IMO likeable... and then we had gold moments like U/18 task, Liz's randomness etc...

Jason. 16-04-2016 12:53 PM

I loved it and it's better than most the series we get nowadays which are just constant screaming matches.

That Love Triangle is the only tolerable showmance-ey thing in BBUK history and was actually entertaining imo and is far better than the insufferable Steremy that CBB17 was plagued with.

CBB13 had a mix of everything and it had some great tasks. And the increase in media attention also added to the excitement and my enjoyment of the series at the time when it aired.

Daniel-X 16-04-2016 01:20 PM

Jasmine/Lee/Casey actually provides fantastic drama throughout, I remember it seeming tedious at first but trust me it gets better and Lee is such a panto villain I can't help but like him.

There's some brilliant moments too like Luisa vs Lionel which is one of my favourite BB arguments EVER and Lizs task in the bath with Luisa. I remember a few eppys being boring and Sam and Olly was such a TRAGIC storyline but there's some really great moments too. The tasks were really good too, in particular the clock task is fantastic for Jasmines lashings and Casey's mum.

Daniel. 16-04-2016 03:18 PM

It's overrated. The main storyline is a love story that's been done better a million times before. Jim and Dappy is the CBB equivalent of Arron and Conor coming top tow on BB13 and Deana being fourth. It might have been okay if we were rewarded for it and it played out well with Jim and Dappy coming last and being booed for there vile behaviour but they weren't. A love story won by a misogynist with a fake journey. Yawn.

Jack_ 16-04-2016 03:23 PM

The Lee/Casey/Jasmine storyline is up there with the few only good showmances of all time, it was hilarious from start to finish and Lee cemented himself as a CBB great :clap1:

Then Linda vs Jim is SO funny and many of their arguments were just great TV, Luisa vs Dappy is another highlight and of course the 18+ task <3

Shaun 16-04-2016 03:42 PM

The triangle wasn't remotely entertaining to me. Casey was a case of an idiot staying with a rat, Lee was embarrassing rather than amusing and Jasmine was just messy. Didn't captivate me in the slightest, if I wanted that nonsense I'd watch Jeremy Kyle.

Linda/Jim was equally tedious and almost as bad as the Perez/Hopkins feud in terms of blood-sucking monotony. Neither of them came off well.

Luisa is the most overrated Celeb HM of all time and is a bratty, immature bitch with almost no redeeming qualities. She is a TOWIE mould without the charm.

And then there's the actual TOWIE/MIC housemates, Lionel being Lionel, Dappy being Dappy, Liz Jones being the single good housemate, and Evander Holyfield punching her horse. That was it. Bottom tier series and really not a classic in the slightest.

reece(: 16-04-2016 03:53 PM

Tragically overrated

Daniel. 16-04-2016 03:54 PM

Luisa our feminist legend

Samm 16-04-2016 05:59 PM

The Three L's still make it iconic for me

Jordan. 16-04-2016 06:05 PM

It was entertaining and that's why it was a rating smash and got extended. No further explanations needed http://1.1.1.1/bmi/cdn.thisisbigbrot...ar93640_40.gif

Jason. 16-04-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8614706)
The triangle wasn't remotely entertaining to me. Casey was a case of an idiot staying with a rat, Lee was embarrassing rather than amusing and Jasmine was just messy. Didn't captivate me in the slightest, if I wanted that nonsense I'd watch Jeremy Kyle.

Linda/Jim was equally tedious and almost as bad as the Perez/Hopkins feud in terms of blood-sucking monotony. Neither of them came off well.

Luisa is the most overrated Celeb HM of all time and is a bratty, immature bitch with almost no redeeming qualities. She is a TOWIE mould without the charm.

And then there's the actual TOWIE/MIC housemates, Lionel being Lionel, Dappy being Dappy, Liz Jones being the single good housemate, and Evander Holyfield punching her horse. That was it. Bottom tier series and really not a classic in the slightest.

well poor you

Shaun 16-04-2016 06:27 PM

uh huh

LukeB 16-04-2016 06:40 PM

It was great start to finish and it shows BB can be good without the screaming matches every episode that gets shoved down our throats(reason why CBB15 flopped) The showmance was messy but thats what made it brilliant. brains like Einstein Luisa Zissman was an iconic housemate especially her clocking dappy's sexism. Luisa vs Lionel "Am I your boss" Depressed Liz "If I had a car, I'd drive into a tree" were some good moments. they May have been some bores but they were some characters too. CBB9/13 are the only CBBs i would consider amazing seasons from C5. CBB14 flopped after it's 1st week, CBB15 was the Hopkins vs Perez show.. their feud getting shoved down our throats was so great to watch :rolleyes:. CBB10/12/11/17 had some good moments but CBB16 was another good season but not as close to CBB13/9

Denver 16-04-2016 06:41 PM

Jim Davidson

EspeonBB 16-04-2016 06:43 PM

I found it very entertaining. I usually hate showmances but I kinda enjoyed the love triangle plus I liked the balance of drama/light hearted moments.

Jim and Dappy are a major flaw of the series tho (especially them being the top 2 :bored:) but Luisa/Liz/Linda are 3 of my fave HMs ever and make up for it