ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Spurs? is there a bigger bottle merchant club than them? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300995)

LeatherTrumpet 15-05-2016 03:38 PM

Spurs? is there a bigger bottle merchant club than them?

:laugh2:

arsenal above them again

pathetic

Denver 15-05-2016 03:44 PM

5-1 to a 10 man relagated team

Shaun 15-05-2016 03:50 PM

Beautiful day

GiRTh 15-05-2016 04:01 PM

Happy Totteringham Day

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Jayson 15-05-2016 04:27 PM

Every year like clockwork

Drew. 15-05-2016 04:30 PM

The best Spurs side a lot of their fans have ever seen and we still manage to finish above them after having a bad season by our standards. If there's one thing you can guarantee every season then thats Spurs making a fool out of themselves

alex_front2 15-05-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew. (Post 8650818)
The best Spurs side a lot of their fans have ever seen and we still manage to finish above them after having a bad season by our standards. If there's one thing you can guarantee every season then thats Spurs making a fool out of themselves

Quote:

Only Tottenham can finish third in a two-horse race.
Twitter @Mesutical

:joker::joker:

Wow, as seasons go Spurs' best < Arsenal's worst [ended up #2]

Roy Keane on Sir Alex's team talk against Spurs

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CigppzyXIAANg_L.jpg

Alf 15-05-2016 05:29 PM

It doesn't matter where Arsenal finish, their fans will still be ungrateful.

Apparently there is a better manager out there that would win them every trophy.

2nd eh? Not bad considering the manager is past it and their centre forward couldn't score in the Geordie Shore house.

GiRTh 15-05-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 8650858)
It doesn't matter where Arsenal finish, their fans will still be ungrateful.

Apparently there is a better manager out there that would win them every trophy.

2nd eh? Not bad considering the manager is past it and their centre forward couldn't score in the Geordie Shore house.

Its not about winning everything it about the fact that the team is not improving under the manager and its not just the fans that think so.

For instance , Arsenal do not perform to their seeding in the Champions league. Arsenal are a top seeded team in the champions league and with that come expectations from UEFA that Arsenal have failed to perform to for 7 years. Even according to UeFA Arsenal are underachieving. I'd prefer we werent a top seeded team as I dont think our seedin is realistic but having a go at the fans who pay the highest ticket prices in Europe is not the root of this problem.

Drew. 15-05-2016 05:39 PM

I guess we share something in common about being ungrateful in that case. Your lot only waited a few months before wanting your manager out. One sight one CL football in Martinez's first season has given you lot false hopes, a slight drop since and he's been shafted out with banners at every game.

Drew. 15-05-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 8650866)
Its not about winning everything it about the fact that the team is not improving under the manager and its not just the fans that think so.

For instance , Arsenal do not perform to their seeding in the Champions league. Arsenal are a top seeded team in the champions league and with that come expectations from UEFA that Arsenal have failed to perform to for 7 years. Even according to UeFA Arsenal are underachieving.

Good post

Shaun 15-05-2016 05:44 PM

I thought Arsenal lost the 'top seeding' position last season? (Hence us getting in a group with Bayern)

GiRTh 15-05-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8650873)
I thought Arsenal lost the 'top seeding' position last season? (Hence us getting in a group with Bayern)

I stand corrected, we lost the top seed last year. So only six years of underachievement..:joker:

Shaun 15-05-2016 05:47 PM

:laugh: baby steps

GiRTh 15-05-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8650879)
:laugh: baby steps

I think finsihing 2nd makes us a top seed again. :facepalm:

Shaun 15-05-2016 05:53 PM

Hopefully not :fc: IIRC the top seeds were the returning champions (Real presumably) and then the champions of the 7 biggest leagues for the first time. So Leicester :laugh:

Actually no it's probably best if we are top seeds I guess...

LeatherTrumpet 15-05-2016 05:54 PM

arsenal are a disgrace too. so are man city

all that money spent and they got done by a pub team for the league

you could not make it up

:joker:

Alf 15-05-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew. (Post 8650867)
I guess we share something in common about being ungrateful in that case. Your lot only waited a few months before wanting your manager out. One sight one CL football in Martinez's first season has given you lot false hopes, a slight drop since and he's been shafted out with banners at every game.

A huge difference, Everton have been getting hammered in games and not been competitive, where as Wenger has your team competitive every season, and fills your cabinets with Silver.

1995 since Everton won a piece of Silver, so there's nothing for us to be ungrateful for.

alex_front2 15-05-2016 05:57 PM

Got to feel bad for Spurs. On paper they have been the best team: most goals, least conceded, best goal difference (even 5-1 loss v NUFC couldn't dent that) exciting kids etc. Yet they failed, sure they have CL footy next season but next season with Pep's Man City, Jose's Man U, Conte's Chelsea and Arsenal inevitable #4 another title challenge for Spurs is tough, plus the mid tier clubs like WBA, Soton, West Ham will look at Leicester and get fancy Nancy ideas of a 'shock' title run.

Alf 15-05-2016 06:06 PM

Without a freak season from Leicester, Wenger would be lifting another Premier League title above his head. Yet you want somebody else to do his job, because whoever they are, they'll apparently be better.

GiRTh 15-05-2016 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8650887)
Hopefully not :fc: IIRC the top seeds were the returning champions (Real presumably) and then the champions of the 7 biggest leagues for the first time. So Leicester :laugh:

Actually no it's probably best if we are top seeds I guess...

Its better for us to be a top seed but maybe we need a few seasons going up against top teams early on to see if we can compete.

GiRTh 15-05-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 8650911)
Without a freak season from Leicester, Wenger would be lifting another Premier League title above his head. Yet you want somebody else to do his job, because whoever they are, they'll apparently be better.

A freak season from Chelsea and Man City too. Do you expect them not to challenge next year?

You've kind of touched on it in your post. Even in freak season we could not and did not compete; even though we were top on new years day. Let me repeat that - Top on new years day but could not and did not make any kind of challenge to Leicester. This was our year and we blew it. Second is great but its very flattering to the team and the manager.

Alf 15-05-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 8650913)
A freak season from Chelsea and Man City too. Do you expect them not to challenge next year?

Maybe, but who knows? Guardiola's style might not suit the Premier league, he's un-proven in this league. Same goes for who ever is taking over at Chelsea.

But we do know that Wenger is the second greatest ever manager in this league, and his team will be up there challenging, again.

Stu 15-05-2016 06:15 PM

Drew. 15-05-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8650889)
arsenal are a disgrace too. so are man city

all that money spent and they got done by a pub team for the league

you could not make it up

:joker:

Wouldn't go as far as calling us a disgrace. Underachievers yeah but not a disgrace, we're not in the same category as the likes of Chelsea, City and UTD with money spending. UTD have spent about 300m since Fergie left 3 years ago and are just about scraping out some results playing poor football, thats the closest you'll get to being a disgrace.