ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   How do you feel about this Gorilla thing? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301493)

DemolitionRed 31-05-2016 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 8673082)
Poor Harambe, such an awful shame that he had to be killed.

Now, if the Zoo took more care to protect its animals and its customers this would not have happened.
You have to ask yourself, if a little 4 year old can gain access to a Gorilla enclosure are their tight enough controls.
As to the parents, you can't keep your eye on a child every second on a day out, you can't stick them in a straight jacket either, they need to be able to walk around and explore safely in a public place like a Zoo or a park.

Those bolded words say it all. Animals in zoos and safari parks need to be protected from things like this happening. You're right, children need to be able to run about and explore in places like this without tragic incident to either child or animal.

The zoo is completely responsible for this sad outcome.

Tom4784 31-05-2016 01:33 PM

Tragic but there was no other course of action. The Zoo needs to look at it's enclosures and make them more safe for both visitors and the animals.

Shaun 31-05-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 8673212)
Tragic but there was no other course of action. The Zoo needs to look at it's enclosures and make them more safe for both visitors and the animals.

Basically. I'm sure many an angry vegan will get a kick out of this being 'murder' rather than desperate measures though. Wouldn't be an issue if the animal involved wasn't endangered, really.

LeatherTrumpet 31-05-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8673162)
She was thanking god for her son being safe not for the Gorillas death, come on

Sheer superstitious ignorance, she was actually thanking "her" god and not giving a rats arse to the logic that "her god" allowed a Gorilla to die - mainly because 1. she was too thick to make that bridge and 2. that vile religion teaches them that man is better than animals.

such is the total fckd up nature of religion, like the reporter asking a woman to thank god that she was saved from a tornado (yet 24 people had died that day in that tornado)

you could not make it up

Niamh. 31-05-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8673235)
Sheer superstitious ignorance, she was actually thanking "her" god and not giving a rats arse to the logic that "her god" allowed a Gorilla to die - mainly because 1. she was too thick to make that bridge and 2. that vile religion teaches them that man is better than animals.

such is the total fckd up nature of religion, like the reporter asking a woman to thank god that she was saved from a tornado (yet 24 people had died that day in that tornado)

you could not make it up

Well that's a whole other discussion altogether, I was simply saying she wasn't saying "Dear God, thank you for killing a Gorilla" she was saying thanks for saving my child (whether a God saved her child or not is not the point I was making)

y.winter 31-05-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8673136)
:/

Not literally...
There's so much ignorant people involved in this story and the innocent gorilla paying the (deadly) price. It's frustrating. The gorilla has done nothing wrong and had no chance of surviving this madness whatsoever.

DigitalSid 31-05-2016 01:57 PM

The mother's an idiot and the Gorilla should have been tranquilised.

Northern Monkey 31-05-2016 02:01 PM

Imo there should be no way for anyone to be able to get in with a dangerous animal.Security needs re-evaluating.

Mokka 31-05-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8673235)

you could not make it up

I agree with you... The first thing that stood out to me in the OP was her thanking god...and I rolled my eyes.

Niamh. 31-05-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalSid (Post 8673242)
The mother's an idiot and the Gorilla should have been tranquilised.

Tranquilizing the Gorilla would have been too risky, it takes too long and could have caused the Gorilla to become more angry. I wouldn't be too quick to vilify the mother, kids that age can run off in a split second, parents aren't super human, sometimes they break concentration or become distracted (it's not like she went off socializing for the night and left him alone for hours or anything ehem lol)

LeatherTrumpet 31-05-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 8673254)
I agree with you... The first thing that stood out to me in the OP was her thanking god...and I rolled my eyes.

Also surreptitiously saying that ultimately its out of her hands...

:facepalm:

I wonder how all the other parents manage to keep their kids from going in?

Marsh. 31-05-2016 02:13 PM

Oh look, it's turning into another religion bashing thread. How novel.

Niamh. 31-05-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8673267)
Also surreptitiously saying that ultimately its out of her hands...

:facepalm:

I wonder how all the other parents manage to keep their kids from going in?

God was busy helping Lewis Hamilton win last weeks Grand Prix :nono:

Mokka 31-05-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 8673270)

:hee:

Jordan. 31-05-2016 02:17 PM

Think people who are abusing the parents are being a tad OTT. Yes they should have been more responsible but it was just an unfortunate accident.

LeatherTrumpet 31-05-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 8673270)

If you read the thread marshall you will see that it was the mother who brought up religion.

Also if you think anyone can talk about religion without exposing it for what it is then you are bonkers

Marsh. 31-05-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8673283)
If you read the thread marshall you will see that it was the mother who brought up religion.

Also if you think anyone can talk about religion without exposing it for what it is then you are bonkers

Nobody's spoken about religion apart from you who brought it up first.

"Thank God" is an expression used by many people, both religious and non-religious.

LeatherTrumpet 31-05-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 8673293)
Nobody's spoken about religion apart from you who brought it up first.

"Thank God" is an expression used by many people, both religious and non-religious.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4623964420.jpg

Marsh. 31-05-2016 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8673299)

The fact that references to "God" are the most discussion worthy aspects to this whole story speaks volumes. And not about the mother.

LeatherTrumpet 31-05-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 8673302)
The fact that references to "God" are the most discussion worthy aspects to this whole story speaks volumes. And not about the mother.

Well you cant bring the Gorilla back to life, you cant unput the boy in the pen and last time i checked we dont have to run by you discussion points:hee:. We are discussing the mother all you are doing is discussing us discussing the mother

who looks like the drongo?

:hehe:

Lostie! 31-05-2016 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8673223)
Basically. I'm sure many an angry vegan will get a kick out of this being 'murder' rather than desperate measures though. Wouldn't be an issue if the animal involved wasn't endangered, really.

Don't really think the cliched vegan stereotyping needs to start, it's not just vegans / vegetarians angered by this whole situation. And nobody who genuinely cares for animal life would "get a kick" out of this in any way.

Marsh. 31-05-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8673309)
Well you cant bring the Gorilla back to life, you cant unput the boy in the pen

Who said we could? :hee: Someone's put 2 and 2 together and come up with 6? :smug:

LeatherTrumpet 31-05-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 8673371)
Who said we could? :hee: Someone's put 2 and 2 together and come up with 6? :smug:

You and neem are 2 peas in a pod at times

:joker:

Marsh. 31-05-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8673384)
You and neem are 2 peas in a pod at times

:joker:

I wish. :shame:

Firewire 31-05-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 8673212)

Totally agree with this. I didn't agree with the news at the time but after reading up on it I understand they had no choice.

The boy should never have fell into the pit though, that's down to the zoo to make sure it's safe.