ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB4 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What Tasks? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3047)

Amy 20-04-2003 07:50 PM

What Tasks?

With BB only a few weeks away :hello:
What type of tasks do you think there will be? :conf:

Janette 20-04-2003 08:02 PM

Hopefully, the tasks will be week long ones with the culmination live on tv on a friday or saturday evening.

The live programme was a great idea from BB3, the only problem was the tasks were naff and the contestants should have been given time through the week to do them!

:thumbs:

dizzy bint 24-04-2003 10:57 PM

I don't know but as long as the format is better than last year I don't care!!!

Kaz 25-04-2003 01:46 PM

Couldn't agree more, dizzy bint. :thumbs:

I think Janette is spot on - a combination of a weekly task which they can practice during the week, culminating in a live show to see whether they pass or fail, would be the ideal answer.

Please take note, Endemol and Channel 4!

BusyBee 25-04-2003 02:22 PM

I think it is essential for the housemates to have a weekly task to save them for complete boredom. It must have been awful last year with the piddly tasks they gave them.

Also it gives them a chance to work together and we see them interacting more, rather than completely doing things for themselves.

But Endemol and Channel 4 seem to be living on another planet and I dont hold out much hope of anything like this happening.:nono::nono:

Wonder if they have done any research to see what us, the viewers, actually want to see happen on BB. Doubt it.

Stu xxx 25-04-2003 05:01 PM

I say keep the saturday night live task as it creates great tension for not just the housemates but for the audience as well x I think they should increase the amount of Mini tasks and make them more risky instead of stupid "hamper" prizes xxxx

kaphc 25-04-2003 05:11 PM

I was thinking about this today while I was out pushing the buggy. Some of the tasks that would have worked well as a weekly task with a live final include:

- Assault courses from BB1 and BB2
- Circus tricks from BB3
- Memory tests - heads over the fence from BB1 and 10 facts about other housemates from BB2
- Playground skills from BB2

So I definitely think that would be a good format! Hopefully they will make the live task sometime in the week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday night instead of Saturday.

I also liked the "JCB" task in CBB2 where Goldie had to scoop up as much of the shopping as possible!

Stu xxx 25-04-2003 05:17 PM

that was so funny x can you imagine jade on a jcb digger????

BigSister 25-04-2003 09:13 PM

I think they should do a combination too
Start it on Wednesday or Tuesday then do it live on Saturday

:colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::colour:

kaphc 26-04-2003 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stu xxx
that was so funny x can you imagine jade on a jcb digger????
That comment made me laugh out loud! Nice one!

splodge0 26-04-2003 12:39 PM

"Me too kaphc!" ...... was to be heard from above..................

James 26-04-2003 02:50 PM

The JCB task, with Goldie digging up the garden, was my favourite moment from Big Brother last year. :hugesmile:

It had me in hysterics.

:hugesmile:

WILDCHILD 26-04-2003 05:09 PM

I'll never forget Big Brother 1 with Nick on the assault course - HILARIOUS!!:joker:
Big Brother wouldn't be Big Brother if there was no assault course of any kind.
I'll think of some more good ones though.:thumbs:

kaphc 26-04-2003 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by splodge0
"Me too kaphc!" ...... was to be heard from above..................
I hear your heavenly echo Splodge Angel!