ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB17 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=696)
-   -   Did Laura know Alex was listening ? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304810)

hot2go 11-07-2016 10:04 AM

Did Laura know Alex was listening ?

I think Laura knew Alex was listening ...and I think she played it exceptionally well....

Alex could derive some reasons for his annihilations from their conversation and Laura ensured she wouldn't be one of them by praising his maturity and making it clear she isn't putting him down.

Evelyn however could have made herself a target and she def made Lateysha, Sam and Hughie targets by naming them as the instigatiors of the drama.

I think Laura knew he was there and used the opportunity to her advantage...not sure if Evelyn knew he was there but if she did then good chance she was using the opportunity to put Lateysha, Sam and Hughie in the firing line to save herself.

chuff me dizzy 11-07-2016 10:09 AM

Glad there wasn't only me thought this, she chose her words so cleverly

hot2go 11-07-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8805136)
Glad there wasn't only me thought this, she chose her words so cleverly

She acts the dummy but she's not one....annoying yes, but not stupid.....shes quite skilled to appease her best mate who was moaning about Alex yet at the same time do it in a way that flatters him. She's talking behind his back while appearing to him like she's got his back.

chuff me dizzy 11-07-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot2go (Post 8805145)
She acts the dummy but she's not one....annoying yes, but not stupid.....shes quite skilled to appease her best mate who was moaning about Alex yet at the same time do it in a way that flatters him. She's talking behind his back while appearing to him like she's got his back.

Her words were SO fake ,and she's never spoken like this before 100% knew he was there

hot2go 11-07-2016 10:36 AM

I don't think Evelyn knew he was there and that Laura purposely didn't tell her. She let Evelyn say all the wrong things about herself and about the other three and she could have done so deliberately....
If I was Alex, after hearing all that I would be questioning Evelyn, Lateysha, Sam and Hughie and I would think Laura had got my back.

chuff me dizzy 11-07-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot2go (Post 8805163)
I don't think Evelyn knew he was there and that Laura purposely didn't tell her. She let Evelyn say all the wrong things about herself and about the other three and she could have done so deliberately....
If I was Alex, after hearing all that I would be questioning Evelyn, Lateysha, Sam and Hughie and I would think Laura had got my back.

Exactly !

sampvt 11-07-2016 11:00 AM

Laura knew he was there and she used that fact to self promote and Evelyne was blissfully unaware and dropped a bollock but what was interesting was how Alex reacted. He just laid there wheels chrurning and calculating the best way to use this to his advantage. The whole house is full of Oscar winners in my book and civilian BB is now officially dead and buried, or should be.

Amy Jade 11-07-2016 11:02 AM

Did you not see her face when she spotted him? she looked shocked!

I don't think she knew at all, i'll retain from wearing my tin foil hat for another occasion

LukeB 11-07-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 8805188)

I don't think she knew at all, i'll retain from wearing my tin foil hat for another occasion

Yeah this! She looked really shock and she was trying to think how can she tell Evelyn without making it obvious.

hot2go 11-07-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 8805191)
Yeah this! She looked really shock and she was trying to think how can she tell Evelyn without making it obvious.

I def didn't she shock on her face or saw her affirmation that she'd pulled it off well.

hot2go 11-07-2016 12:03 PM

People assume Laura didn't know and were anticipating that she would be shocked, so shocked is what people saw... But it wasn't shock, it was too calm and self contained....more of an assessment than a realisation IMO. I thought she was onto him before she turned round just by the way she detached herself from the list of people Evelyn was talking about. " I haven't asked you about it " ..." I haven't talked about it " ....she wasn't saying that for Evelyns benefit because Evelyn knew full well that Laura had been constantly involved and talking about. She knew he was listening.

chuff me dizzy 11-07-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot2go (Post 8805237)
People assume Laura didn't know and were anticipating that she would be shocked, so shocked is what people saw... But it wasn't shock, it was too calm and self contained....more of an assessment than a realisation IMO. I thought she was onto him before she turned round just by the way she detached herself from the list of people Evelyn was talking about. " I haven't asked you about it " ..." I haven't talked about it " ....she wasn't saying that for Evelyns benefit because Evelyn knew full well that Laura had been constantly involved and talking about. She knew he was listening.

:clap1: Ive saved last nights show, will re-run that part and see if Laura sees him in the mirror or glances round . BRB

chuff me dizzy 11-07-2016 12:26 PM

She didnt glance round but ........ If Alex was on the sofa when those 2 went in the kitchen they must have seen him,if he went onto the sofa after they were in kitchen they must have seen him too ,Laura turned around at the end of the clip and saw him,but didn't tell Evelyn,she carried on sitting on the worktop ( filthy habit) until someone ( I think it was Sam ) woke Alex up

erinp5 11-07-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 8805188)

She didn't look shocked , she walked over to the kitchen island and said "I'm boiling "

chuff me dizzy 11-07-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinp5 (Post 8805267)
She didn't look shocked , she walked over to the kitchen island and said "I'm boiling "

She didnt even go over and tell Evelyn, very sneaky and proved she's no-ones friend

erinp5 11-07-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8805274)
She didnt even go over and tell Evelyn, very sneaky and proved she's no-ones friend

I agree and I would love her to be gone , she has lasted longer than I thought she would ...4 weeks longer.

hot2go 11-07-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Laura opened the series with the Marco floor show ....then she had centre stage with the walking crotch from Miami....there's no way she wants Evelyn to have a chance in hell of being in a showmance in the last two weeks to the final...no way :laugh:

hot2go 11-07-2016 01:00 PM

Knowledge is power in there and I reckon Alex has banked that one away...I doubt he will do a Hughie or a Lateysha...he made no attempt to make his presence known at the time so can't see him telling them any time soon.

chuff me dizzy 11-07-2016 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinp5 (Post 8805279)
I agree and I would love her to be gone , she has lasted longer than I thought she would ...4 weeks longer.

She drives me nuts ,she's SO fake !! and thinks by opening her legs to the house smack head will land her a place in the final

Northern Monkey 11-07-2016 01:14 PM

*Lights camara action! Scene 1 Alex lays on sofa while actress Laura and potential love interest Evelyn discuss their relationship.

Alex over hears

Great scene

Take over

Well done guys

chuff me dizzy 11-07-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Monkey (Post 8805314)
*Lights camara action! Scene 1 Alex lays on sofa while actress Laura and potential love interest Evelyn discuss their relationship.

Alex over hears

Great scene

Take over

Well done guys

My daughter was in the room when I just replayed that part to see if Laura looked across and saw Alex ,she said " How are you watching this ? its all staged, its like watching TOWIE "

rusticgal 11-07-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

She didn't even seemed shocked when she saw him.....surely her reaction would have been to go straight to Evelyn.
She didn't react like that until Evelyn spontaneously reacted....it was a little strange.

chuff me dizzy 11-07-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 8805324)
She didn't even seemed shocked when she saw him.....surely her reaction would have been to go straight to Evelyn.
She didn't react like that until Evelyn spontaneously reacted....it was a little strange.

Thats the bit I found odd too ,surely her 1st reaction would be to go over to Evelyn and tell her? but she didn't,she just sat there

hot2go 11-07-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Monkey (Post 8805314)

Alex over hears

Great scene

Take over

Well done guys

I don't buy onto all the theories about staging and set ups ...never have.....with the type of kiss and tell people that go on the show there's no way in the sixteen years it's been running that someone wouldn't have sold a story on " corrupt " Big Brother. They'd sell their own souls if they had any.

hot2go 11-07-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8805323)
My daughter was in the room when I just replayed that part to see if Laura looked across and saw Alex ,she said " How are you watching this ? its all staged, its like watching TOWIE "

Those girls adopt the style of TOWIE because they see it as a way to get on but I don't think they are instructed to do that or that BB set up a scene and carefully position Alex and force everyone else out of the room...no way....
Laura is an actor and I've thought from the get go that she was always being fake and acting....but that's how she's choosing to play the game....that's not the same as TOWIE which is camera, lights, action. But I can see how it can look similar, esp to people who don't watch the show all the time. They are all very much aware of the cameras now and of the lifestyle it could bring them afterwards....and that is a huge difference to early seasons of BB.