ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Sam Allardyce has been interviewed for England job (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305028)

GiRTh 13-07-2016 05:10 PM

Sam Allardyce has been interviewed for England job

I wonder if he will gt the job.

Would you welcome Big Sam as England manager.

Shaun 13-07-2016 05:13 PM

Completely indifferent about it really - don't think he'd be great, don't think he'd be awful.

On the plus side it leaves Sunderland without a manager capable of survival and hopefully they get sent back down to League One, let alone the bloody Championship

LeatherTrumpet 13-07-2016 05:14 PM

Its the perfect choice

GiRTh 13-07-2016 05:17 PM

With Sam there will be two issues. The the style of play and the fact he hasn't won anything at the top level as manager . I have no issues with the style of play as he cant do worse than other managers have done. Joachim Low had never won anything at the top level when he became Germany manager so I dont think it matters if he works well with the squad.

Personally I dont think one man can solve what is wrong with the England football team but I think Big Sam will do as good a job as anyone.

Mystic Mock 13-07-2016 09:05 PM

As long as he can get us to beat teams like Iceland then I'll be happy.

bitontheslide 14-07-2016 07:59 PM

They have tried all sorts of high profile successful managers that have been complete failures, so they may as well reduce their salary bill, and give someone like Sam a try. With a less successful manager, maybe expectations will be lowered appropriately too and reflect the true nature and standing of the team.

Xanzia 15-07-2016 11:01 AM

If it has to be English then he may do well because he has a lot of experience trying to save sh*t football teams from embarrassing themselves.

empire 20-07-2016 05:43 PM

one thing he needs to do is, ditch rooney, rooney does not understand that if he continues to play for england, he will hurt his own career, and his score numbers will continue to drop, when alan shearer quit england his score numbers at the age of 33 where between 18 to 21 goals per season in the premier league and he was a workhorse to the end, but rooney won't quit because he is to arrogant and greedy, and he is also daft as a brush, and the FA are also the main problem because they never let any manager pick their own team, or drop players who are not given it 100 percent, there where eight players in that team who need to be dropped now after the crap they where playing, but the last two world cups the fa kept the same players who are just lazy,