ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   At least 19 reported dead near Tokyo after knife attack at care home (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306190)

Will. 25-07-2016 09:46 PM

At least 19 reported dead near Tokyo after knife attack at care home

Just came through on BBC news.

lewis111 25-07-2016 09:47 PM

In a care home for disabled

Disgusting

Kazanne 25-07-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewis111 (Post 8851119)

Disgusting

Jeez can people get any lower :bawling:

T* 25-07-2016 09:59 PM

This is insane... (it wasn't in tokyo btw) Things like this are unheard of in Japan. The crime rate is so low... but obviously not low enough to stop the few insane.
My heart goes out to them.

MB. 25-07-2016 09:59 PM

Ugh. RIP :(

T* 25-07-2016 10:00 PM

It's now 19 dead.
Quote:

At least 19 people have been killed in a knife attack at a centre for disabled people outside Tokyo.

Twenty others have been injured by the stabbings in the city of Sagamihara, a Japanese news agency is reporting.

Police say the man who attacked the care home was arrested after turning himself in and saying: "I did it."

NHK is reporting that the suspect is in his 20s and was a former employee of the disabled centre who had broken into the building.

According to the national broadcaster, as many as 45 people may have been wounded - but this is unconfirmed.

The emergency services were called to the Tsukui Yamayuri Garden facility shortly after 2.30am on Tuesday morning (6.30pm UK time), according to local reports.

Officials say the attacker handed himself into police about half an hour later.

http://news.sky.com/story/attack-on-...ls-19-10512707

LaLaLand 25-07-2016 10:01 PM

Jesus this is horrible, every day I'm continued to be shocked and disgusted by the news. Awful.

Rob! 25-07-2016 10:14 PM

What the actual ****?

Babayaro. 25-07-2016 10:32 PM

This is horrendous. Like Tom said, it's unheard of for such a big crime to happen in Japan

kirklancaster 25-07-2016 11:29 PM

I am seriously beginning to think that all these atrocious incidents are connected and significant of some 'unearthly' cause.

EDIT - Feck me, I have JUST realised that this is my 9th thousand and 666 th post. OMFG.

arista 26-07-2016 05:04 AM

Japan : Worker Murders 19 Disabled people

Had to be Japan

The Worker wanted all Disabled People Dead

http://news.sky.com/story/attack-on-...ls-19-10512707

All 19 Stabbed to Death by the Worker,
this is so typical of Japan

"I want to get rid of the
disabled from this world."

Ammi 26-07-2016 05:32 AM

..this is awful..:sad:...one of the worst mass killings in Japan history...he gave himself up so at least he will be brought to justice for what he has done which is sadly so rarely the case...

Ninastar 26-07-2016 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 8852723)
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=306237

Will I posted this on the Correct Section - there was no thread there by you?
Its Not General Chat.

If its hard to do on your phone
let others do proper threads,
its not a rush thing.

:worship:

Will. 26-07-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 8852723)
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=306237

Will I posted this on the Correct Section - there was no thread there by you?
Its Not General Chat.

If its hard to do on your phone
let others do proper threads,
its not a rush thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 8852730)
:worship:

Ok, I'm sorry. I thought I did, there's no to start get rude over it.

arista 26-07-2016 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will. (Post 8852798)
Ok, I'm sorry. I thought I did, there's no to start get rude over it.

I am not being Rude

If you thought it was the right section
you need to go to a Laptop
not do it on a Phone

Its great you post News
keep it up
try to get a link
for every post if News

Will. 26-07-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 8852818)
I am not being Rude

If you thought it was the right section
you need to go to a Laptop
not do it on a Phone

Its great you post News
keep it up
try to get a link
for every post if News

Sorry I said you were being rude, you weren't.

Yeah I'll do it properly in the future or not post the thread, TiBB always plays up on mobile.

Thanks for advice, Arista.

arista 26-07-2016 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewis111 (Post 8851119)

Disgusting

Yes he Worked there
before.

He sneaked in at 2AM in the morning
to murder them with his knife

[Police arrested 26-year-old Satoshi Uematsu,
who was a former employee at the facility, after he handed himself in.]

Maru 26-07-2016 02:37 PM

This is very unusual in Japan. Japan is anti-war and they are not allowed to own guns or swords. We've taken to people to the gun range in TX for their first time and they're not predisposed to violence. Emotional outbursts are discouraged.

Usually I hear more about jisatsu (suicide) than koroshi (murder). Japan is more group oriented than individualistic. Usually a man's failure to tend to the group (i.e. succeed in a company/business) tends towards self-blame and proclaiming themselves unworthy. Psychiatry in Japan is behind the times though... the culture teaches self-esteem through hard-work, so not usually if they can't get past their emotional problem, they feel it's a sign of weakness and that it's an obstacle to overcome, not to be succumbed to.

I have a friend in Osaka I've known over 15 years and he apologizes profusely anytime he vents emotionally or complains about anything... he's a couple of stomach ulcer's develop in the time I've known him and he has constant stomach pain. He says because of all the pressure at work and the fact he is in his 30's, unmarried and without child.

Honestly, I feel like a lot of the violent cases we're hearing about lately are at least partially motivated by what's been in the news. Unstable person who were already boiling over internally, inspired by hate crimes as an outlet to their anger and despair... sad

arista 26-07-2016 03:34 PM

"This is very unusual in Japan."

Yes its is.

But also so Typical of Japan
a Nation that demands Perfection.

Liberty4eva 27-07-2016 02:13 AM

Not one TIBB member has called for the banning of knives. :shocked:

jennyjuniper 27-07-2016 06:35 AM

As if life wasn't hard enough for disabled people. I hope he rots in prison for the rest of his miserable life.

Livia 27-07-2016 09:52 AM

It always makes me smile when people say this kind of thing is so unlike the Japanese. They have a huge capacity for cruelty. During WW2 they made the Nazis look like the boy scouts.

Niamh. 27-07-2016 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberty4eva (Post 8859136)
Not one TIBB member has called for the banning of knives. :shocked:

Yes Sporks for everyone

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 8859533)
It always makes me smile when people say this kind of thing is so unlike the Japanese. They have a huge capacity for cruelty. During WW2 they made the Nazis look like the boy scouts.

Modern day Japan is virtually crime free though

kirklancaster 27-07-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 8859533)

So true Liv - my father fought them in WW2, and lost several of his best friend's from boyhood, but it was another friend - who later lied in our street - who had a fate worse than death because he was captured by the Japanese.

He weighed about 6 stone and had half his stomach missing and the stories which he told of how he was tortured and mistreated as a POW make what is alleged to have occurred at Guantanamo seem like a fortnight in Benidorm.

Livia 27-07-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8859545)

Modern day Japan is virtually crime free though

Yes, I know. But every race has a capacity for evil... and the Japanese have a history of cruelty which they saw, for hundreds of years, as honourable. It's a terrible thing to have happened but it didn't shock me more because it was in Japan. When they do have crime it tends to be shocking stuff... a woman killed and kept in a bathtub on the man's balcony... deliberately running a truck into a crowd of shoppers... criminals forcing victims to kill each other... When they do go, they go off BANG.