ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   I'm liking Bear and Ricky getting close (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308596)

Vanessa 23-08-2016 09:53 AM

I'm liking Bear and Ricky getting close

Their fans may be at each others throat :laugh:, but these two are getting on very well. And nice to see Ricky finally relax and have fun with Bear. :love:

alex_front2 23-08-2016 10:04 AM

It's tactics from Bear. He is desperate to win, it's an important part of his post CBB agenda. He was stunned when Ricky topped a multi nomination vote over popular HM James (topped over Bear previously), Biggest celeb Sam Fox and TOWIE reality royalty Lewis and thought, Bear needs to neutralalise Ricky. Bear is a shrewd character, in his mind Ricky probably represented the United organised anti Bear candidate vote rather than people voting Ricky as they liked his character or found him entertaining. The best way for Bear to snuff out the Ricky as anti Bear vote ? Befriend your enemy (chats in smoking area, playing boules in garden) so the Ricky fans are disappointed and may have to look elsewhere for anti Bear candidate by which time there is not a unifying alternative. Sam? Aubrey? Renee? Bingo, Bear wins CBB

Paula D 23-08-2016 10:09 AM

Definitely tactics with Bear. He can't stand Ricky, just knows now that he's popular so he'd better not piss him off.

Vanessa 23-08-2016 10:13 AM

Bear is popular as well. At the moment Ricky is topping the twitter poll and Bear the facebook one. So i would say it's mutually beneficial :laugh:

RhysJones 23-08-2016 10:19 AM

Ricky is just a kiss ass, all the times he's said that Bear's evil and now they're best friends all the sudden.

chuff me dizzy 23-08-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhysJones (Post 8936107)
Ricky is just a kiss ass, all the times he's said that Bear's evil and now they're best friends all the sudden.

Fake as ****

Liam- 23-08-2016 10:22 AM

Bear can't stand Ricky but knows he's popular with the viewers because he had the most votes to save, so he's getting in with him, the same as he did with James when he also beat him in the votes, all tactics from Bear, not surprising really considering he's the fakest one in there.

caprimint 23-08-2016 10:32 AM

Weirdly I kind of like it even though I don't like Ricky, although it would be a lot better if Ricky was actually genuine about it and didn't then go bitching about Bear to Sam 5mins after their conversation.

Vanessa 23-08-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 8936132)
Weirdly I kind of like it even though I don't like Ricky, although it would be a lot better if Ricky was actually genuine about it and didn't then go bitching about Bear to Sam 5mins after their conversation.

They make a good team! Loving the beach hut ! :joker:

Babayaro. 23-08-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 8936113)
Bear can't stand Ricky but knows he's popular with the viewers because he had the most votes to save, so he's getting in with him, the same as he did with James when he also beat him in the votes, all tactics from Bear, not surprising really considering he's the fakest one in there.

This tbh. But of course it's Ricky who is blasted for being fake, when in reality it's clear to see that he is simply tolerating Bear for the time being.

Vanessa 23-08-2016 10:34 AM

The best thing about Bear is that he's not one for gossip, so he's not really bothered what they say about him. :laugh:

hot2go 23-08-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 8936098)
Bear is popular as well. At the moment Ricky is topping the twitter poll and Bear the facebook one. So i would say it's mutually beneficial :laugh:

They are playing each other....Bear been playing brilliantly all along and at last Ricky has finally started ....too late tho to be a deserving winner, esp in light of his refusal to do the last two tasks....THAT is one of my biggest bug bares. People can say what they like about lovely Ricky but IMO I think it's arrogant....it was arrogant when Gemma Collins didn't even try and it was arrogant when Sinita didn't either in the Jungle.

Toy Soldier 23-08-2016 01:27 PM

I actually feel like Ricky has genuinely chilled out a bit (did Big Brother slip him a li'l baggie from his stash? :shrug: ) and he's seeing Bear more for what he is now... which is an irritant / wind-up merchant / game player who actually DOESN'T really mean any genuine harm and so he's warmed to him and learned how to just roll with it. IMO, show aside, living with Bear has probably done Ricky some long-term good in terms of anxiety levels / not taking himself (and other things) too seriously, which is what he was doing for the first 2/3 of the show.

And on the flipside - Bear warms to people when they're not taking themselves too seriously. Frankie learned that early on (just after "I've made a cocktail!", being precise) and has been able to sidestep any real conflict with Bear ever since :shrug:.