ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Katie Waissel Katie blasts biggins (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309119)

hbk4894 27-08-2016 09:30 PM

Katie blasts biggins

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...TV-_-555170420

Thoughts?

Vicky. 27-08-2016 09:37 PM

...didn't she say she didnt know anything about it. Make up your bloody mind.

Vicky. 27-08-2016 09:38 PM

Quote:

and also saw a psychologist after the veteran actor’s death camp comment.
OMFG milking it or what. pathetic :laugh2:

Cherie 27-08-2016 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 8950608)

Saving her outrage for the Sun payday

erinp5 27-08-2016 09:39 PM

Now she remembers , funny what money can do for the memory ...wow, just wow!

Daniel-X 27-08-2016 09:40 PM

Righteous queen.

Cherie 27-08-2016 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=erinp5;8950613]Now she remembers , funny what money can do for the memory ...wow, just wow![/QUOTE]

:joker:

parmnion 27-08-2016 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinp5 (Post 8950613)
Now she remembers , funny what money can do for the memory ...wow, just wow!

It's taken me all my strength to avoid the obvious :fist:

smudgie 27-08-2016 10:04 PM

yawn :sleep: :sleep:
Boring bint.

empire 27-08-2016 10:43 PM

sorry to say the truth but, some play the pity card if it makes them look good, if you have a turk and a armenian in the house, and the turk makes a joke about the genocide of armenians, do you think there would be an uproar, no, all they do now is pick a bridge to cross and say that group of people suffered, but the other group suffered but we will deny that their was a genocide, I doubt katie would have one drop of tears, if she knew how many people died in the soviet gulag camps at the hands of marxist jews.

Glenn-C 27-08-2016 10:43 PM

WOW

Toy Soldier 27-08-2016 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empire (Post 8950705)
sorry to say the truth but, some play the pity card if it makes them look good, if you have a turk and a armenian in the house, and the turk makes a joke about the genocide of armenians, do you think there would be an uproar, no, all they do now is pick a bridge to cross and say that group of people suffered, but the other group suffered but we will deny that their was a genocide, I doubt katie would have one drop of tears, if she knew how many people died in the soviet gulag camps at the hands of marxist jews.

Biggins? Zat choo?

starry 28-08-2016 10:10 AM

Thoughts

I don't visit The Sun site.

What I saw of the series I didn't like her. The producers wanted to keep her in for longer thus her edit.

joeysteele 28-08-2016 10:15 AM

She seems confused,much as she was in the house actually.

Patricia4 28-08-2016 10:35 AM

I guess she wants some money

bitontheslide 28-08-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Speaking exclusively for the first time about the incident, Katie revealed Biggins’ jibe was especially painful as she had earlier told him about her traumatic experience visiting the Auschwitz gas chambers.
too funny

Kazanne 28-08-2016 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 8950608)

I was about to post this Vicky,she said she didn't know why Biggins was thrown out,and didn't hear the remark,now a few people have told her the reason she will milk this for all it's worth,it's ridiculous.

joeysteele 28-08-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 8951308)
I was about to post this Vicky,she said she didn't know why Biggins was thrown out,and didn't hear the remark,now a few people have told her the reason she will milk this for all it's worth,it's ridiculous.

Spot on Kazanne,she is another of so many disappointments as to the celebrities in this series as to how they have really turned out to be like.

Cherie 28-08-2016 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 8951308)

How idiotic does she look, she is on record confirming she didn't know why he was ejected, but now says she had to see a psychologist about his comment :joker:

erinp5 28-08-2016 01:03 PM

Katie the eternal victim, for years she blamed Cheryl Cole for all that was wrong with her life now it will be Biggins .

waylander1973 28-08-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbk4894 (Post 8950587)

Why didn't she say this on 'this morning itv show', if she really was that upset about she should have.

Robodog 28-08-2016 10:19 PM

FFS

It was NOT an 'Anti-Semitic' joke !

The 'target' of the joke if you like was Big Brother by comparing their 'regime' to that of death camps

It doesn't take a semi-intelligent person 5 seconds to break down the meaning of this very basic joke

The subject matter and comparison to death camps was tasteless, yes. Also telling it to a Jewish person was potentially upsetting for them as it evokes a dark period of history when Jews were killed (alongside homosexuals, artists, gypsies, the disabled and many other groups who died) in horrific death camps.

But the target of the joke was not Jews, nor was it any of the other death camp victims, - the target of the joke was BB and death camps themselves! It was NOT an ANTI-SEMITIC joke

It was an ANTI-REGIME joke - It was an ANTI-NAZI joke - It was an ANTI-BB joke

But it was NOT an anti-jewish joke, nor a joke targeting any other victims of death camps. The 'angle' of the joke was on the 'side' of the victims in that it was mocking 'the suppressors', not mocking the suppressed!

Jokes about Nazis have been in the mainstream media since Hitler came to power, including some of the most well loved comedies of all time: Mel Brooks 'the producers'. Fawlty Towers, Allo Allo, Father Ted - the list goes on. None of them are 'anti-semitic' just because they mock Nazis!

Biggins joke was tasteless and ill-judged but calling it an anti-semitic joke is to miss the point of the joke entirely. Not only that, but using the opportunity to create a headline-grabbing hysteria around it, is in itself a cynical and tasteless exploitation of the matter and actually causes more harm than good.

The subject has been treated without intelligence or consideration, and at Biggins expense. It has been a knee-jerk reaction which has then been exploited to make headlines and sell stories. That for me (being a part Jew) is far more offensive than some off-hand, badly-judged joke about death camps and regimes in general.

Media hysteria. Very worrying at times.

ps - Would he have been ejected if he had made a joke about Pol Pot's Cambodian mass murders in the 1960s? Or about the Rwandan genocide in the 1990s? Or any other atrocities of the last century? Or is it just World War 2 that housemates cannot joke about?

Marsh. 28-08-2016 10:22 PM

"Blast" as in gas????

What an insensitive comment. She should be strung up for that.

delta 29-08-2016 04:37 AM

And you wonder why Bear won!

Those insidious bunch of over rated, talentless, spiteful charlatans all but handed it to him on a plate.

It's also clear to me that housemates are being coached whilst they are in there, probably spending hours a day with doctors, councilors, shrinks on the best way to portray them selves, the likes of Katie and Ricky appeared to take on a new personas half way through.

Katie found a voice but it was still viperous- it made me laugh when she was recanting her Grandmother story and the prostitution. Non of her allies- who were sat around her- were remotely interested in what she had to say. Ricky tried to get more assertive and interesting and failed equally on both fronts.

hot2go 29-08-2016 11:27 AM

Not had time to read everyone's posts yet as I'm on my way out but I DEF think she's a bitch....always have and this proves it....passive aggressive little trouble maker who uses tears to get ahead and to take people down....anything for publicity....she claimed the other day she didn't know why he had been removed from the house ...now she's abusing him to promote herself.....each to their own but I prefer my housemates to show their true colours in the house not when they leave....at least with Bear I knew what I was getting and where I stood.
One by one we will start to see that most of them are not so nice after all and that only diff between them and the guy who won is that they hide it better.
Aubrey going on record yesterday accusing Bear of having no respect for people's space and property, this from the girl who gobs in people's food.
You couldn't make it up....they're celebrities, mostly has beens or never have beens, and none of them are gonna be nice....Katie is def no exception...she's also stupid...,slagging of Cheryl Cole and slagging off Biggins is a really stupid to thing to do and will win her no favours amongst the circles she wants so desperately to belong to....silly cow