ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Stephen Bear "Brutally mugged" (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311200)

Firewire 29-10-2016 11:32 PM

"Brutally mugged"

Quote:

Celebrity Big Brother winner and Ex On The Beach star Stephen Bear has been "brutally mugged", according to reports.

Bear, who won the most recent series of CBB in the summer, was said to have been attacked near his home in Walthamstow, east London, before his watch and wallet were stolen.

However, his bling timepiece was apparently a fake copy of a Swiss Hublot, which can fetch up to £30,000.

A friend told The Sun: "To start with, the conversation was friendly but suddenly, while they were chatting, the man punched Bear in the face and knocked him onto his back.

"Bear was stunned for a few seconds by the blow, but it was long enough for the guy to take his watch and some bracelets from him.

"After kicking him in the head, the man was also able to take his debit cards and his wallet."

Bear has not mentioned the attack on social media, however he has since tweeted: "Always wear a fake watch." According to the pal, he will rely on "karma" to bring the attacker to justice, rather reporting the incident to the police.

Reveal has contacted Bear's rep for comment.

In August, Bear returned to our screens for the fifth series of MTV's Ex On The Beach.

The show was filmed prior to his controversial CBB win and his resulting relationship with Lillie Lexie Gregg ended in disaster when she dumped him for getting close to fellow housemate Chloe Khan.

More recently, Bear has been romantically linked to his EOTB co-star Jem Lucy, however the pair insist they are just close friends.
http://www.reveal.co.uk/showbiz-cele...ake-watch.html

Karma?

Jessica. 29-10-2016 11:41 PM

That's depressing, nobody deserves to be mugged but it's possible he could have provoked them. :worry:

caprimint 29-10-2016 11:44 PM

Some of the comments will no doubt (and already are) be disgusting and distasteful.

But this is awful :( It's gotta be really scary but luckily he's okay.

Jessica. 29-10-2016 11:47 PM

I have been in Walthamstow though, it's a bit rough in all honesty, I wouldn't take any chances with people I didn't know.

Rob! 29-10-2016 11:48 PM

Absolutely despise the twat but nobody deserves this.

Withano 29-10-2016 11:50 PM

This is awful obviously..

What confuses me is that is was "all friendly" but then Bear got assaulted and now Bear doesnt want to report it to the police. Was it really "all friendly" kinda sounds like there may be more that Bear feels is better hidden? Or am i just cynical?

Withano 29-10-2016 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 9035491)
That's depressing, nobody deserves to be mugged but it's possible he could have provoked them. :worry:

Yeh, knowing Bear and reading that story.. Does sound like a possibility..

Firewire 30-10-2016 12:09 AM

ofc

MB. 30-10-2016 12:10 AM

idk I have no sympathy for someone who goes to/has his mates go to the press before going to the police and believes "karma" will sort the situation out

James 30-10-2016 12:11 AM

Have deleted several (sadly predictable) posts for what should be obvious reasons.

Samm 30-10-2016 01:10 AM

https://www.vfiles.com/api/v2/image/...498689/preview

Amy Jade 30-10-2016 01:34 AM

He doesn't deserve assulting of course but I am slightly suspectof it being friendly and then he gets a smack, has he finally pushed someone too far with the 'banter'?

Shaun 30-10-2016 01:53 AM

If he's not reporting it to the police then there's every right to question what actually happened.

Tom4784 30-10-2016 01:54 AM

Stephanies Davies getting 'attacked' teas.

The fact he hasn't gone to the police makes me believe this is just for publicity.

T* 30-10-2016 02:18 AM

Oh another MTV/reality celeb being attacked and then so happenly not reporting it to the police after fading in popularity?
Not very 'roofless' after all...

Ammi 30-10-2016 03:45 AM

...how awful for him...I don't understand his reasoning though of always wearing a fake watch..well I do in that his expensive watch wouldn't have been taken but he would have still been brutally mugged had someone thought the watch was real and fakes are meant to look real.../I hope he's ok though...

Vanessa 30-10-2016 04:48 AM

Glad he's okay. I know just how scary is to be in that situation.

Cal. 30-10-2016 06:17 AM

Omg when Steph lay down in a car park and got her girlies to take pics as if she'd been decked

BigBrotherfan4ever 30-10-2016 06:31 AM

That's awful, weather you liked guy or not, no one deserves to mugged & have personal items stolen from them.

Jordan. 30-10-2016 06:43 AM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/b29867daa...a0cpo1_500.gif

kirklancaster 30-10-2016 08:21 AM

I cannot stand Bear, but if this story is true, the he has my sympathy, because - as it has already been well stated - no one deserves being assaulted, mugged and robbed.

I am, however, very, very, suspicious, and feel that this incident either did not play out as described by Bear, or simply did not happen at all.

If it did, and he refuses to go to the police, then he is not being 'macho', or 'heroic', but just foolish, selfish, and very irresponsible.

Not only is he 'devaluing' the seriousness of this type of crime by being so dismissive of it, but his help and description of the assailant could aid the police in apprehending him and possibly sparing other innocent victims of suffering the same fate.

By Bear's own words, this was no 'over in a flash' sudden mugging, but he was engaged in conversation with the assailant, so Bear should have a pretty accurate description of the mugger's physical appearance and his accent.

Something just does not sit right with this 'story'.

T* 30-10-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrotherfan4ever (Post 9035700)
That's awful, weather you liked guy or not, no one deserves to mugged & have personal items stolen from them.

He most likely didn't though

Wizard. 30-10-2016 11:30 PM

Quote:

According to the pal, he will rely on "karma" to bring the attacker to justice, rather reporting the incident to the police.
this bit did make me :laugh: