ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   New UK Women's Equality Party Sophie walker (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312200)

arista 25-11-2016 03:42 PM

New UK Women's Equality Party Sophie walker

Was on BBC2HD Daily Politics
just before 12:30PM
I have it recorded.

They also did a ball test for woman's party
in a nice relaxed shop zone
even result

will they become a real party?
I hope not

Northern Monkey 25-11-2016 04:13 PM

She's missed the boat i think tbh.She'd have been more popular back when women didn't already have equality.She might get some fringe feminists and some impressionable youngsters voting but all the grownups will carry on voting for the mainstream parties.Imo

LeatherTrumpet 25-11-2016 04:24 PM

What about the Hen Party?

arista 25-11-2016 04:24 PM

Yes it is all to late
I agree NM

arista 25-11-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9073127)
What about the Hen Party?

No
the Labour Women
would stop it.

smudgie 25-11-2016 04:32 PM

Fine, then to make it really equal we can have The men's equality party.

arista 25-11-2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 9073141)

No we do not need one.

we have enough fractions

The lady on DP was very clever speaking
but what is the point of this?

joeysteele 25-11-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9073161)
No we do not need one.

we have enough fractions

The lady on DP was very clever speaking
but what is the point of this?

I agree.

It is bad enough the UK is split right down the middle on many issues and probably left and right too.
Without creating any more, than there needs to be, as to divisiveness between the sexes too.

Northern Monkey 25-11-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 9073347)
I agree.

It is bad enough the UK is split right down the middle on many issues and probably left and right too.
Without creating any more, than there needs to be, as to divisiveness between the sexes too.

True.I thought this too.The political conversations from this party could start to go against men in general very easily.It's not a giant leap.They would attract alot of feminists rather than just your average woman.Many feminists love to cause division.Who knows someone may even create a mens rights party if this womens equality party push hard enough with their rhetoric.
I think it's division that we don't currently have and we certainly don't need.It could just cause resentment between the sexes.

joeysteele 25-11-2016 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Monkey (Post 9073424)
True.I thought this too.The political conversations from this party could start to go against men in general very easily.It's not a giant leap.They would attract alot of feminists rather than just your average woman.Many feminists love to cause division.Who knows someone may even create a mens rights party if this womens equality party push hard enough with their rhetoric.
I think it's division that we don't currently have and we certainly don't need.It could just cause resentment between the sexes.

Absolutely,I agree with all that.

Niamh. 25-11-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 9073347)
I agree.

I agree with this too, I think there are issues where women are still "unequal" but equally there are now issues where men get the rougher deal so as much as I consider myself a feminist, I do think that should mean focusing on equality for men and women wherever there is some inequality

Maru 26-11-2016 04:40 AM

Some pundit on Fox News (ikr) was accusing Green Party Jill Stein of ripping off everyday Americans because she's raising money for a recount... :laugh:

Would be great if we had viable alternatives to a two party system, but I feel like a lot of these smaller ones are actually more deeply rooted in interest groups than the major two... just because it takes a lot more to please a loyal and dedicated niche's interests on the whole... than to represent a fraction of the population.

I mean beyond women's issues, what could they really run on? They have to run on something that would be a viable alternative party... otherwise they are just a protest vote.

Ammi 26-11-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maru (Post 9073817)
Some pundit on Fox News (ikr) was accusing Green Party Jill Stein of ripping off everyday Americans because she's raising money for a recount... :laugh:

Would be great if we had viable alternatives to a two party system, but I feel like a lot of these smaller ones are actually more deeply rooted in interest groups than the major two... just because it takes a lot more to please a loyal and dedicated niche's interests on the whole... than to represent a fraction of the population.

I mean beyond women's issues, what could they really run on? They have to run on something that would be a viable alternative party... otherwise they are just a protest vote.

..the most gorgeous killer heels they could find is what Livia would say I think..:laugh:...

Maru 26-11-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 9073835)
..the most gorgeous killer heels they could find is what Livia would say I think..:laugh:...

How did I miss this response :joker:

Some men like a good pair of killer heels. So I guess a way to attract another important demographic? :laugh: Really stepping up there

jaxie 26-11-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 9073835)

Also the wardrobe space we are entitled to keep therein our shoes.

kirklancaster 26-11-2016 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 9073141)

:laugh: