ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Creative Writing and Books (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Marvel vs DC (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314561)

LukeB 14-01-2017 06:40 PM

Marvel vs DC

which one do you prefer? :pipe:

LukeB 14-01-2017 06:41 PM

I've always preferred Marvel and still do.

Tom4784 14-01-2017 09:07 PM

DC.

arista 15-01-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 9149776)
which one do you prefer? :pipe:

Pathetic POLL

why not have

"you like both" LUKE B

LukeB 15-01-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9150845)
Pathetic POLL

why not have

"you like both" LUKE B

Because you can only pick one :pipe:

Niamh. 15-01-2017 11:33 AM

Marvel :love:

Tom4784 15-01-2017 02:34 PM

DC's comics are miles better than Marvel's.

Marvel films are better than DC's although I'm getting bored of Marvel films, they've taken a world that involves spies, aliens, space travel, alternate dimensions, gods, monsters and magic and they've made it all feel very samey.

Niamh. 15-01-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9151230)
DC's comics are miles better than Marvel's.

Marvel films are better than DC's although I'm getting bored of Marvel films, they've taken a world that involves spies, aliens, space travel, alternate dimensions, gods, monsters and magic and they've made it all feel very samey.

I much prefer Marvel films in general but I do agree with you in that they are becoming very samey. That last Captain America may as well have been the next Avengers instalment for example.

In DCs favour, I loved Suicide Squad (despite bad reviews)

Tom4784 15-01-2017 02:45 PM

Suicide Squad wasn't perfect but I definitely think it revealed a critical bias as it had the exact same issues most Marvel films have (weak overall plot, bad villain etc). I think if Suicide Squad had a Marvel label slapped on it, it would have been seen more favourably on that alone.

LeatherTrumpet 15-01-2017 02:50 PM

Marvel all the way for me.

Jason. 15-01-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9151236)
In DCs favour, I loved Suicide Squad (despite bad reviews)

Same here, most people I know thought it was **** but I found it entertaining and enjoyable so that's enough for me. And I'm not that big a fan of DC films.

Niamh. 15-01-2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason. (Post 9151761)
Same here, most people I know thought it was **** but I found it entertaining and enjoyable so that's enough for me. And I'm not that big a fan of DC films.

I think my main issue with DC movies is they take themselves too seriously, i prefer more humour in a Superhero movie which is probably why I liked Suicide Squad

Xtopher 15-01-2017 08:46 PM

Marvel cause Deadpool.

Jason. 15-01-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9151988)
I think my main issue with DC movies is they take themselves too seriously, i prefer more humour in a Superhero movie which is probably why I liked Suicide Squad

Yes :clap1:

I'm like that too. I'm not really a big superhero movie fan in general but if they're funny and entertaining, I'll enjoy them. I enjoyed Deadpool for the same reasons as opposed to it being down to just "It's Marvel"

Batman vs. Superman springs to mind about your point with DC movies taking themselves too seriously. Dull and the lengthy running time didn't help either.

LukeB 15-01-2017 10:00 PM

I found batman vs superman dull until the fight.

I've never found marvel films boring :shame: maybe the recent x-men film but that's it really.

Niamh. 16-01-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason. (Post 9152484)
Yes :clap1:

I'm like that too. I'm not really a big superhero movie fan in general but if they're funny and entertaining, I'll enjoy them. I enjoyed Deadpool for the same reasons as opposed to it being down to just "It's Marvel"

Batman vs. Superman springs to mind about your point with DC movies taking themselves too seriously. Dull and the lengthy running time didn't help either.

I hated Batman V's Superman, the part I found most stupid was Batman beating the crap out of Superman and all of a sudden he changes his mind cos their moms have the same name :facepalm:

Calderyon 16-01-2017 09:28 AM

Probably Marvel, even with Captain America.

Toy Soldier 21-01-2017 11:20 AM

I have gathered from this poll that all of the casual fans prefer Marvel :idc:.

I like both. The MCU currently has its **** together whereas the DC movies are... messy... to put it mildly. However DC is the better IP, it has better heroes, FAR superior villains with more complex motivations, and generally much more potential for telling actual stories.

Toy Soldier 07-02-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9152849)
I hated Batman V's Superman, the part I found most stupid was Batman beating the crap out of Superman and all of a sudden he changes his mind cos their moms have the same name :facepalm:

That is the worst and almost movie-ruining part of the film to be fair. I think the intention was for it to be the moment that he realises that Superman is also "just a man" with another life, parents, etc. too, but the handling is totally ham-fisted.

Firewire 07-02-2017 12:11 PM

Marvel films but I think DC is much more interesting

I watch a lot of DC TV, not so much Marvel.

Mystic Mock 17-06-2017 02:42 AM

Overall Marvel, my favourite individual superhero story comes from DC though.

Tony Montana 13-09-2018 09:28 PM

Love Both, But the edge goes to Marvel. DC has the better animated shows, While Marvel has better films overall. I read both Comics and love them equally.

Both have Fantastic Heros and Villains - My Fav Hero of all time is Spider-Man and my fav Villian is the Joker.

Oliver_W 04-10-2018 01:26 PM

I don't read comics so can't really comment on those. Well I did randomly buy an Iron Man last year or so, and he was replaced by a black teenage female, so there's that...

But the movies? MCU all the way. I find DCEU borderline unwatchable, I have to go through them in installments, and even then they're boring headaches.

MCU may be samey, but they're exciting and visually interesting. Think of when Thanos was fighting Spidey, Tony, Sherlock, and Chris Pratt. They all had their own visually distinct fighting styles - when everyone was fighting Stefanwolf, it was just punch-punch-punch ...

I know that's just a pair of fight scenes, but it's indicative if each of the respective movies, fractals baby! Also, can you imagine the DCEU having a 20 minute subplot about making a weapon be fun and interesting?

Nicky91 07-10-2018 02:09 PM

DC is nice, but Marvel has the avengers, agents of shield, so i choose Marvel :love:

Alf 07-10-2018 02:12 PM

I'm glad to say that none of that nonsense interests me.