ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Ahem, why are people around the world protesting US immigration policy? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315947)

Liberty4eva 30-01-2017 12:49 AM

Ahem, why are people around the world protesting US immigration policy?

Especially when it doesn't concern them. I can get if people on the web with little to do in other countries make comments. But when public leaders and officials criticize and people physically protest, I wonder what this has to do with them. As a free and independent country, no one apart from US citizens has the right to visit the US let alone immigrate. We have a right to decide who gets to immigrate and who doesn't. If Britain or Europe decided to limit immigration to their countries I would consider that their right even if I might disagree. Anyways, this is an issue between the US and 7 other countries.

Scarlett. 30-01-2017 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberty4eva (Post 9190650)
Especially when it doesn't concern them. I can get if people on the web with little to do in other countries make comments. But when public leaders and officials criticize and people physically protest, I wonder what this has to do with them. As a free and independent country, no one apart from US citizens has the right to visit the US let alone immigrate. We have a right to decide who gets to immigrate and who doesn't. If Britain or Europe decided to limit immigration to their countries I would consider that their right even if I might disagree. Anyways, this is an issue between the US and 7 other countries.

Why do Americans protest the way Muslim women are treated in some countries? Same reason. Human rights.

Jack_ 30-01-2017 12:58 AM

Because many British (or Canadian, or wherever else) dual nationals from those seven countries were subject to the original ban. One of our most successful athletes - born in Somalia but whom lives in the States and travels for training and meets - would fall foul of the policy. As would one of the MPs in Theresa May's government. That's why.

Not to mention the fact the US is one of, if not the most powerful country on planet earth. Much of your politics has a knock on effect on the lives of people around the world, for good or bad, so people are well within their rights to take an interest in and protest certain policies as and when they see fit.

Liberty4eva 30-01-2017 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 9190655)
Why do Americans protest the way Muslim women are treated in some countries? Same reason. Human rights.

In other words we are supposed to follow in Germany and France's footsteps and let millions of them in? No thanks.

Scarlett. 30-01-2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberty4eva (Post 9190659)
In other words we are supposed to follow in Germany and France's footsteps and let millions of them in? No thanks.

No, but maybe have a little compassion for some humans who have had their lives torn apart and need a safe haven? You don't need to open the floodgates. Not to mention, green card holders who have built a life for themselves in America are being turned away, for no good reason.

Withano 30-01-2017 01:17 AM

"Liberty4eva fighting the PC culture" "why are people protesting"

Have a word with yourself lad.

Alf 30-01-2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberty4eva (Post 9190650)

Because their lives are so miserable and they have nothing better to do.

And they think it makes them look like a good person to come to the defence of anyone they themselves consider a minority. It's all about themselves.

Jack_ 30-01-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 9190811)
to come to the defence of anyone they themselves consider a minority. It's all about themselves.

This is an oxymoron

DemolitionRed 30-01-2017 07:52 AM

Its not just immigrants though is it? They are turning away people with green cards, people who already live and work in America and they are turning away holiday makers and people who do business with America.

DemolitionRed 30-01-2017 07:52 AM

And we are talking about it because quite frankly its fcuking horrifying.

LeatherTrumpet 30-01-2017 08:07 AM

Israel are banned from 15 muslim countries

expect a big petition to follow once they go to wiki to find out what Israel is

Toy Soldier 30-01-2017 09:02 AM

Ahem, why has the US gotten involved in political and social issues across the globe for the last several decades?

If the US was truly isolationist then you might have a point but... err... it isn't. The US has global influence. The US - and US citizens - LOVE to crow about how much global influence they have. Global influence comes hand in hand with global interest. Give up your influence and become a truly self-sufficient isolationist state or calm down and deal with the fact that internal US politics DOES affect and IS relevant to the rest of the world. :hee:.

arista 30-01-2017 09:23 AM

"Especially when it doesn't concern them. "

Bang On Right Liberty

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=315858

Alf 30-01-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9190848)
Israel are banned from 15 muslim countries

expect a big petition to follow once they go to wiki to find out what Israel is

There's no Brownie points for doing that, so don't count your chickens.

It's all about self hatred of the greatest civilisation in human history, Western civilisation.

Withano 30-01-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9190952)
"Especially when it doesn't concern them. "

Bang On Right Liberty

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=315858

That time Arista said it doesnt concern UK citizens who are against it and then linked a thread he made as a UK citizen for it.

Good one.

LeatherTrumpet 30-01-2017 10:37 AM

It must be therefore some thing to do with Hitler?

(I am playing my joker on this answer :fc:)

Niamh. 30-01-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9191036)

:hehe:

LeatherTrumpet 30-01-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9191041)

:laugh2:

arista 30-01-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9191036)

There is Legit Hitler 1936 Olympics in his
Clean Nation
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4,203,200_.jpg

And Later 1939 onwards Evil Hitler
to murdering Jews in a Large scale
using a room they were told is shower room.

arista 30-01-2017 12:09 PM

And LT
USA today
its Got nothing to do with that Era
joking or not joking

http://greyfalcon.us/picturesy/ow2.gif
1936 Hitler
Bad Loser

Scarlett. 30-01-2017 12:51 PM

Trump is more akin to Kim Jung Un than Hitler, both are fumbling wannabe dictators, surrounded by yes men who are overstepping their bounds.

LeatherTrumpet 30-01-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 9191161)
Trump is more akin to Kim Jung Un than Hitler, both are fumbling wannabe dictators, surrounded by yes men who are overstepping their bounds.

He reminds me of a young Lenny Henry

DemolitionRed 30-01-2017 02:52 PM

America first, Netherlands second. It is great satire and very funny and apes Trump perfectly

http://www.newser.com/story/237352/i...r-country.html

Brother Leon 30-01-2017 03:31 PM

I fully support the protest, but there wasn't these mass protests when Obama and Hilary were bombing these countries to **** and meddling to create these rufugees in the first place. It kind of just strikes me as jumping on the anti trump protest than anything. For instance, if I was an Arab, I would feel a little embarrassed that it took someone threatening the rights of everyone for people to mostly give a damn about me :laugh:

That said, Trump could have really gained some respect and shut a lot of doubters up if he undone some of the damage done by Obama/Clinton and worked to offer some refuge for the people of Syria,Libya,Yemen etc, but he failed tremondously.

DemolitionRed 30-01-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Leon (Post 9191454)
I fully support the protest, but there wasn't these mass protests when Obama and Hilary were bombing these countries to **** and meddling to create these rufugees in the first place. It kind of just strikes me as jumping on the anti trump protest than anything. For instance, if I was an Arab, I would feel a little embarrassed that it took someone threatening the rights of everyone for people to mostly give a damn about me :laugh:

That said, Trump could have really gained some respect and shut a lot of doubters up if he undone some of the damage done by Obama/Clinton and worked to offer some refuge for the people of Syria,Libya,Yemen etc, but he failed tremondously.

I'm a member of 'Stop the War Coalition' and I went on the biggest march against war in Iraq in Feb 2003 I also attended a much smaller Downing St protest in September 2014 and although I couldn't attend, my family members attended another protest in Downing St in May 2015.