ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Why arent the left pleased the economy has recovered? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316975)

the truth 20-02-2017 02:18 PM

Why arent the left pleased the economy has recovered?

The 3 main stock markets are up massively ...between 18% for ftse 250 to 31% rises for ftse 350 and ftse100
Thats added over £200 billion to our overall wealth in just 8 months
Its at its highest in history, so too is the US stock market

The unemployment rate has fallen again to lowest in decades
BUT I DO accept that 900,000 jobs are zero hour contracts...thats still only 2.3% of the total of jobs

The reality is the british economy has created more jobs than the rest of europe combined in the last 7 years, with nearly 7 million new jobs

The tories like labour have failed to tighten regulations on these corrupt corporations, though they have at the very least gotten more tax out of them

The tories policy of raising vat is an absolute disgrace

The steel industry is saved.

The left are looking so bitter and illogical and deluded. Yes they have had a few minor so called successes in stopping the odd bill, but even the working tax credits, the left took such a ridiculous moral high ground they went too far and we still end up in the same loop where everyone is too scared to work more than 16 hours in case they lose some or all their benefits.
The left like every other issue ignored the reality and buried their heads in the sand

They need to acknowledge good economic news, they need to listen to the public and they need to serve the people not themselves

Withano 20-02-2017 02:22 PM

Omg learn what stock markets are measured in. They are not up, they have never been up. Ive genuinely explained this to you over three times since June.

Shaun 20-02-2017 02:23 PM

Might be something to do with the Pound being, still, rock-bottom... I would imagine.

the truth 20-02-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9225071)
Omg learn what stock markets are measured in. They are not up, they have never been up. Ive genuinely explained this to you over three times since June.

OMG they ARE up, I have tried to explain this to you slowly...its really not that complex. I know Ive got money invested and Ive done rather well thanks very much

the truth 20-02-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 9225072)
Might be something to do with the Pound being, still, rock-bottom... I would imagine.

stock market rises are far greater than the falling pound

Withano 20-02-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 9225076)
OMG they ARE up, I have tried to explain this to you slowly...its really not that complex. I know Ive got money invested and Ive done rather well thanks very much

The stock markets appear up (to people who dont give it ten seconds of thought) because the pound is down. Stock is measured in sterling. Christ.

Withano 20-02-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 9225079)
stock market rises are far greater than the falling pound

No. No they're not.

the truth 20-02-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9225084)
The stock markets appear up (to people who dont give it ten seconds of thought) because the pound is down. Stock is measured in sterling. Christ.

lol youre blasphemy is soo impressive
the pound has fallen by 10% less than the stock market has risen...hence the overall value has risen vastly....(it really is simple)

the truth 20-02-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9225085)
No. No they're not.

yes. yes they are.

Withano 20-02-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 9225087)
lol youre blasphemy is soo impressive
the pound has fallen by 10% less than the stock market has risen...hence the overall value has risen vastly....(it really is simple)

None of that is accuarate, including your use of the words 'youre' and 'blasphemy'.

Niamh. 20-02-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9225099)
None of that is accuarate, including your use of the words 'youre' and 'blasphemy'.

No, you are blasphemy Withano, it is known

Tom4784 20-02-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9225100)

Withano 20-02-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9225100)

Ohh. I read it like 'your blasphemy is so impressive' and I was confused tbh. maybe he did mean 'you are blasphemy, blasphemy is so impressive'.

I'm always thinking the worse of people.. he just wanted to give me a cute nickname and a compliment.

the truth 20-02-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9225109)
Ohh. I read it like 'your blasphemy is so impressive' and I was confused tbh. maybe he did mean 'you are blasphemy, blasphemy is so impressive'.

I'm always thinking the worse of people.. he just wanted to give me a cute nickname and a compliment.

You are so easily confused. Let me help you, labour helped destroy the economy and were responsible for killing a million innocent people. The tories are self serving gits , but the economy is vastly better under them and the economy is vastly better since we voted Brexit. Why are you so upset about that?

Tom4784 20-02-2017 03:03 PM

I love fiction.

the truth 20-02-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9225114)
I love fiction.

Tha's good as most of what you write is fictitious

Tom4784 20-02-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 9225118)
Tha's good as most of what you write is fictitious

Sure, Jan.

the truth 20-02-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9225121)
Sure, Jan.

lol You cant even get names right, so dishonest

Withano 20-02-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 9225113)
You are so easily confused.

Thats no way to talk to Blasphemy, Blasphemy is soo incredible.

Quote:

Let me help you, labour helped destroy the economy

Debatable.. The decline was not dissimilar to the years before them.

Quote:

and were responsible for killing a million innocent people.

True.. thats rare. Good work.

Quote:

The tories are self serving gits ,

I'd love to agree, but for the sake of fairness - debateable

Quote:

but the economy is vastly better under them and the economy is vastly better since we voted Brexit.

Incorrect. So massively incorrect. Whoever told you this should not be trusted.

Quote:

Why are you so upset about that?

Its difficult to be upset over so much incorrect information. I can assure you if it was true, I'd be overjoyed. All right wing and left wing UK citizens would be.

Followup question: where do you get your information? I presume Facebook? Correct me if I'm wrong.

the truth 20-02-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9225136)
Thats no way to talk to Blasphemy, Blasphemy is soo incredible.

Debatable.. The decline was not dissimilar to the years before them.

True.. thats rare. Good work.

I'd love to agree, but for the sake of fairness - debateable

Incorrect. So massively incorrect. Whoever told you this should not be trusted.

Its difficult to be upset over so much incorrect information. I can assure you if it was true, I'd be overjoyed. All right wing and left wing UK citizens would be.

Followup question: where do you get your information? I presume Facebook? Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong.

ebandit 20-02-2017 03:23 PM

...rising employment figures causes me worries.....i may no longer be able to

avoid work.............................................. ............

Mark L

Brillopad 20-02-2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9225084)

Are you a professional economist - I thought you were a student?

reece(: 20-02-2017 05:40 PM

The truth with a thread that is anything but?

http://i.imgur.com/fUj2bvV.gif

Withano 20-02-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9225318)
Are you a professional economist - I thought you were a student?

Anybody can learn the basics of any subject if they research it once. People dont actually need a career in economics to understand that the stock market is measured in sterling lol.

Brillopad 20-02-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9225329)
Anybody can learn the basics of any subject if they research it once. People dont actually need a career in economics to understand that the stock market is measured in sterling lol.

Thought not. Opinion then.