ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Nottingham missing mother Samantha Baldwin 'poses risk' to young sons (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318005)

arista 01-04-2017 02:02 PM

Nottingham missing mother Samantha Baldwin 'poses risk' to young sons

http://news.sky.com/story/nottingham...-sons-10820227

her 2 sons
are 6 and 9 years old.
http://e3.365dm.com/17/04/536x302/fa...20170401131028

[On Monday, Nottingham Family Court
ordered the two boys be removed
from the care of their mother.]

I can see why
the mother has gone off with her sons

Toy Soldier 01-04-2017 02:21 PM

I'd need more information to make a comment on this really. The courts / social services legitimately don't always get these things right, and if they tried to take my kids away based on an incorrect decision, you can bet your arse I would disappear with them too.

arista 01-04-2017 02:27 PM

Yes TS
but they case stays secret
in national press

Brillopad 01-04-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9269033)
Yes TS
but they case stays secret
in national press

Such secrecy allows such institutions to get away with over-zealous behaviour. Social Services are often guilty of PC gone mad.

DemolitionRed 01-04-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9269138)
Such secrecy allows such institutions to get away with over-zealous behaviour. Social Services are often guilty of PC gone mad.

Now there's a discussion!

DemolitionRed 01-04-2017 07:14 PM

Social Services often get things wrong but then Social Services are understaffed and overworked.

Kizzy 02-04-2017 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9269138)

What does this even mean?

The family courts are PC gone mad?... Can you back up your references for this buzzword/nonsense phrase.

Cherie 02-04-2017 07:56 AM

The problem with social services is they are damned if they do and damned if they don't, we don't know the story here so can't really say if it's the right decision or not

Brillopad 02-04-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 9269955)
What does this even mean?

The family courts are PC gone mad?... Can you back up your references for this buzzword/nonsense phrase.

A prime example is when social services leave black and mixed race chilren languishing in children's homes saying they should only be placed with black/mixed race families. Children suffered unnecessarily due to this PC Nonsence.

Kizzy 02-04-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9269983)
A prime example is when social services leave black and mixed race chilren languishing in children's homes saying they should only be placed with black/mixed race families. Children suffered unnecessarily due to this PC Nonsence.

They shouldn't only be placed within their respective cultures, that's not a policy however it is preferable from the perspective of the child. It's not nonsense for them to have a shared racial/cultural history with their prospective parent is it?

The 'all you need is love' is quite a one dimensional view, on a deeper level we need to be aware of our racial/cultural roots.
I'm not saying white parents could not provide this for a Black/Aisian/mixed race child, ( or visa versa) but I'd say they should be aware of the need.

arista 06-04-2017 07:28 AM

SkyNewsHD just reported the mother and kids
have been found well.

http://news.sky.com/story/missing-mo...louis-10827046

Niamh. 06-04-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 9269029)
I'd need more information to make a comment on this really. The courts / social services legitimately don't always get these things right, and if they tried to take my kids away based on an incorrect decision, you can bet your arse I would disappear with them too.

Over here in order for social services to take kids away from their mother it would have to be a pretty severe situation they're in with alot of proof which sometimes is also a bad thing

Niamh. 06-04-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9269983)

Does that actually happen?

Withano 06-04-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9273958)
Does that actually happen?

No. interracial adoption was uncommon before 2014, because consideration was given to race, religion, language, and culture, but there are legislations in place against that now (although the families adopting this way are expected to put in extra work to counteract these issues, which I guess might make it more unappealing).

Northern Monkey 06-04-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9273981)
No. interracial adoption was uncommon before 2014, because consideration was given to race, religion, language, and culture, but there are legislations in place against that now (although the families adopting this way are expected to put in extra work to counteract these issues, which I guess might make it more unappealing).

Yeah i know a foster mum who looks after black and white kids.Must be legal now.

Edit:Although i'm not sure if same rules applied for fostering and adopting.

Niamh. 06-04-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9273981)

That's good to hear, would be crazy to think a child would be denied a home because of a race issue

Cherie 11-04-2017 11:04 AM

This is so sad, the boys are in care now, looks like parents blaming each other although in this case not sure why the Dad doesn't have custody given the Judge doesn't believe the wifes claims against him

A mother who is accused of abducting her two children had been giving them drugs and made a false abuse allegation against their father, a judge has revealed.*
Samantha Baldwin was arrested last week after being found with the boys at a holiday park following a nationwide search.
Judge Jeremy Lea issued a statement on Monday saying that he had heard evidence on the allegations against the father by Baldwin and had concluded that they were false.
"In my judgment I found that the father had not perpetrated sexual, physical or emotional abuse against the boys as alleged by the mother, or at all and that the allegations made by the mother were false," he said.
"I also found that the mother genuinely believed that he had done so, but that her belief was irrational and that the evidence of abuse was unreliable."
The judge said she had also given the drugs benzodiazepine and zolpidem - both sedatives - as part of her efforts to prove her case against the father.
"This began as a private family case between a mother and father. They had separated. They had been in dispute over the amount of time that their two boys should spend with the father," the judge said.
He added that he was releasing details of the allegations and his judgment as the children "need to be protected from much of what has been inaccurately reported about their parents and about what has happened to them".
The two boys are currently being cared for by the local authority.

Niamh. 11-04-2017 11:06 AM

It's ridiculous that he hasn't been given custody Cherie

Vanessa 11-04-2017 11:07 AM

This is terrible. Those poor boys :(