ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=708)
-   -   I wish housemates/viewers would learn to disregard people's VT's (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319890)

luvjustin 06-06-2017 11:44 AM

I wish housemates/viewers would learn to disregard people's VT's

They rarely have any relevence to what kind of housemate they are going to be!

They are presenting a version of themselves. Just take it with a pinch of salt.

I think next year I might just start watching from episode 3. Go in blind.

Vanessa 06-06-2017 11:49 AM

That's true. People usually turn out to be the opposite if their VTS :laugh:

Oliver_W 06-06-2017 11:50 AM

Tom seemed to more or less disregard Raph's VT when talking to Joe. Sure, he reported it, but sounded to me like he was going to judge by his in-house behaviour.

luvjustin 06-06-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 9336519)
Tom seemed to more or less disregard Raph's VT when talking to Joe. Sure, he reported it, but sounded to me like he was going to judge by his in-house behaviour.

If that was his approach then I would be fine with it but why whisper about him to other housemates? It just reminds me of Pauline BB15, she couldn't get past those VTs.

andybigbro 06-06-2017 11:56 AM

But it's all we have before we see them so it's inevitable that it will be our first point of judgement.

As the series go on, people do forget about the VTs

caprimint 06-06-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andybigbro (Post 9336531)
But it's all we have before we see them so it's inevitable that it will be our first point of judgement.

As the series go on, people do forget about the VTs

Yeah this, I think the main fault is that we have an eviction so early on before at least one housemate really usually gets a chance to prove themselves

Withano 06-06-2017 12:04 PM

It is how they want to be perceived though... why can't I judge them on how they want to be perceived?

Gusto Brunt 06-06-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvjustin (Post 9336499)
They rarely have any relevence to what kind of housemate they are going to be!

They are presenting a version of themselves. Just take it with a pinch of salt.

I think next year I might just start watching from episode 3. Go in blind.

I agree. We don't actually find out what the housemates are really like until a few days in - even longer.

But those videos are annoying. :mad:

Lostie! 06-06-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9336560)
It is how they want to be perceived though... why can't I judge them on how they want to be perceived?

This is a good point, if you're happy to say something to get in there you should be happy to be judged on the basis of it. I completely agree that VTs are frequently unreliable representations of housemates, but it's still a representation they chose to put out there.

parmnion 06-06-2017 12:11 PM

Evict the fake hms with fake vts.

Vicky. 06-06-2017 03:13 PM

Yeah I know. People purposely go OTT on their VTs else they would never get in. Year after year we get people so shocked that housemates are different to their VTs :joker:

Its just a shame that they HAVE to go over the top, or in some cases create a whole new persona just to get into the house. As 'normal' isn't really what the producers are looking for...

Denver 06-06-2017 03:16 PM

They cant lie then cry about being treated unfairly

Jason. 06-06-2017 03:43 PM

They don't have much relevance on how a housemate will turn out to be, but when it's Day 1 it's pretty much all you have to go off them so it's perfectly acceptable to judge them based on that. :shrug:

RhysJones 06-06-2017 08:29 PM

It gives us an indication of what type of housemate they're trying to be, and it's our first perception of them so of course that's gonna affect people's opinions of them

Braden 06-06-2017 08:30 PM

I remember the harrowing treatment Rachel Rice recieved from Rex when he hounded her for 'being nothing like her VT'...just because she was a tad hyper :bored: