ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Creative Writing and Books (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I done a book. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322906)

Stu 04-07-2017 08:09 AM

I done a book.

No, seriously.

http://lovestarpublications.bigcarte...ble-television

So even though I don't post here anymore I'm still shamelessly plugging it. I'm basically running a cottage industry from my bedroom of self publishing and handling the distribution myself for chump change whilst the ultimate end goal of shopping it to literary agents for wider publishing distribution remains intact.

I'd describe it as a cross breed of Irvine Welsh, Douglas Coupland and tuna sandwiches.

Anyway yeah. Check it out if you want. It's on Amazon too but my site is cooler. The missus done the cover art.

Cheers.

Denver 04-07-2017 08:20 AM

Finally TIBB finds a creative star :clap1:

Braden 04-07-2017 08:24 AM

The book sounds great, and I don't doubt how well-written it is based on reading your posts over the years. When I eventually get paid, I'll buy a copy.

Well done.

Kazanne 04-07-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 9421726)
No, seriously.

http://lovestarpublications.bigcarte...ble-television

So even though I don't post here anymore I'm still shamelessly plugging it. I'm basically running a cottage industry from my bedroom of self publishing and handling the distribution myself for chump change whilst the ultimate end goal of shopping it to literary agents for wider publishing distribution remains intact.

I'd describe it as a cross breed of Irvine Welsh, Douglas Coupland and tuna sandwiches.

Anyway yeah. Check it out if you want. It's on Amazon too but my site is cooler. The missus done the cover art.

Cheers.

Well done , and good luck for the future.

Wizard. 04-07-2017 02:57 PM

What an achievement :clap1: I love the Eurovision style title!

I'm in the process of planning my book, well I say planning, it's just coming up with ideas in my head. Probably won't be released until 2025

Niamh. 04-07-2017 03:03 PM

I saw you post it on FB a while back so I ordered it and my copy arrived this morning. Best of luck with it Stu and I'm looking forward to reading it :love:

TiBB is turning into a breeding ground for budding authors

T* 04-07-2017 03:18 PM

The cover looks very eurovisiony, is it on kindle? :love:

Vicky. 04-07-2017 03:37 PM

I am so glad you posted this..I linked it a few days ago and it was pointed out to me that maybe you wouldn't want people knowing about it :laugh:

I will buy once I am not so skint. Going on holiday in September so need some new reading stuff for lazing around the pool

Alf 04-07-2017 03:41 PM

Good luck with it.

Redway 04-07-2017 03:44 PM

Best of luck, pal.

arista 04-07-2017 04:31 PM

Well Done Stu

Stu 04-07-2017 04:40 PM

Cheers, brothers and sisters. The font IS Eurovisioney, innit?

Thanks for buying a copy, Niamh.

Withano 04-07-2017 04:52 PM

Thats awesome, good luck dude

Shaun 04-07-2017 07:01 PM

Creative daddy :love:

Stu 05-07-2017 07:54 AM

An old Catholic mental asylum that's mentioned in the book went up in flames across the river last night so I'm claiming it as a marketing ploy.

Niamh. 05-07-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 9425112)
An old Catholic mental asylum that's mentioned in the book went up in flames across the river last night so I'm claiming it as a marketing ploy.

Shame that was a cool building, same happened with the Good Shepards too a while back. They're thinking both were deliberate

Stu 05-07-2017 10:27 AM

Prime real estate land, innit? I live on Victoria Cross so the Lee Fields was like a festival last night with all these cars parked and people going down to have a look at a big fire.

Load of ghosts in that building. Sad place.

Niamh. 05-07-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 9425334)
Prime real estate land, innit? I live on Victoria Cross so the Lee Fields was like a festival last night with all these cars parked and people going down to have a look at a big fire.

Load of ghosts in that building. Sad place.

Yeah, I know, I just love old buildings like that, i hate seeing them destroyed. But yeah I can only imagine the horrors that went on in there :/

Tom4784 05-07-2017 02:01 PM

King :clap1: I've ordered it.

Stu 05-07-2017 02:19 PM

Thank you so much.

TiBBers getting personalised autographed copies. And still eligible for current free shipping offer. It's a steal.

Niamh. 05-07-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 9425745)
Thank you so much.

TiBBers getting personalised autographed copies. And still eligible for current free shipping offer. It's a steal.

I ordered it from Amazon before that free shipping page, cost me a bloody fortune :fist:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 05-07-2017 02:25 PM

are you going to do an audiobook version? i'd much rather hear it with a sexy irish accent than read it with my brain

Stu 05-07-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9425754)
I ordered it from Amazon before that free shipping page, cost me a bloody fortune :fist:

I know, sorry. Amazon is horrendous in Ireland because we aren't eligible for most of the free shipping deals on books.

It still costs me 8 skrilla to send a copy out with it's weight, you mind. This free shipping thing is a total marketing ploy. I'll have to kill it next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Girl (Post 9425764)
are you going to do an audiobook version? i'd much rather hear it with a sexy irish accent than read it with my brain

Not unless Steve McFadden agrees to do the main characters dialogue.

Niamh. 05-07-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 9425791)
I know, sorry. Amazon is horrendous in Ireland because we aren't eligible for most of the free shipping deals on books.

It still costs me 8 skrilla to send a copy out with it's weight, you mind. This free shipping thing is a total marketing ploy. I'll have to kill it next week.

Not unless Steve McFadden agrees to do the main characters dialogue.

ah ok, I don't feel so bad for paying it now :laugh:

Mystic Mock 05-07-2017 08:04 PM

Another Rob on the Forum.:dance:

Good luck with it Stu.