ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Political correctness is allowing Islamic terrorism to flourish (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330522)

Brillopad 03-11-2017 08:35 PM

Political correctness is allowing Islamic terrorism to flourish

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...sh-government/

Stating the obvious of course. Most can see it but others are swept away on a tide of being seen to be doing the ‘right thing’.

I thought her comments on how this way of thinking and acceptance of the way many women are being forced to live within certain communities here in Britain particularly potent.

Oliver_W 03-11-2017 08:57 PM

The article isn't wrong that high numbers of immigration from incompatible cultures without even attempting integration is ... rather stupid. But why not blame it on crappy policies and idiot politicians rather than "political correctness"?

Kizzy 03-11-2017 09:04 PM

This is becoming a joke now :/

Brillopad 04-11-2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 9679959)
This is becoming a joke now :/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Casey

Why is that then. The woman clearly knows her stuff and just because she isn’t saying what you want to hear obviously doesn’t make it a joke.

Cherie 04-11-2017 07:28 AM

She makes some very valid points

ame Louise Casey, who carried out a two year review into integration in the UK, said our desire to embrace diversity was creating division and also letting down some of the most vulnerable members of society.

Dame Louise said: “Islamic extremists are often terrorists and pose the most threat, it is very difficult for us to have that conversation and to deny that seems to make it worse.”

But she went on: “The far right milk it every time we are overtly politically correct and are unable to deal with Islamic extremism…Everybody saw how Rotherham sex scandal was milked by EDL to fuel Islamophobia.”

She said people often came together to oppose far right marches but failed to show the same unity when it came to addressing inequalities in the communities they were wanting to protect.

Brillopad 04-11-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9680076)
She makes some very valid points

ame Louise Casey, who carried out a two year review into integration in the UK, said our desire to embrace diversity was creating division and also letting down some of the most vulnerable members of society.

Dame Louise said: “Islamic extremists are often terrorists and pose the most threat, it is very difficult for us to have that conversation and to deny that seems to make it worse.”

But she went on: “The far right milk it every time we are overtly politically correct and are unable to deal with Islamic extremism…Everybody saw how Rotherham sex scandal was milked by EDL to fuel Islamophobia.”

She said people often came together to oppose far right marches but failed to show the same unity when it came to addressing inequalities in the communities they were wanting to protect.

She’s certainly right about one thing, we are effectively ignoring/betraying our own beliefs and laws in female equality in Britain by pretending that the rights of many women within certain communities here are not being abused and that those women actually have ‘free will’.

Let’’s tolerate it for the sake of diversity and cultural cohesion. Let’s treat some British values and laws as less important than others to appease minority groups. This attitude simply devalues female equality laws and sacrifices them to appease political correctness and effectively prioritises racism over sexism.

Withano 04-11-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9680093)
She’s certainly right about one thing, we are effectively ignoring/betraying our own beliefs and laws in female equality in Britain by pretending that the rights of many women within certain communities are not being abused and that those women actually have ‘free will’.

So you want more political correctness and cause more terrorism? Or does it only count as PC when its stuff you dont agree with :suspect:

Brillopad 04-11-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9680095)
So you want more political correctness and cause more terrorism? Or does it only count as PC when its stuff you dont agree with :suspect:

No, I am saying that we should ensure that as a country we do not simply pay lip service to female equality by conveniently turning a blind eye to such abuses of it to appease certain groups. Not only is that downright distasteful it is illegal.

Or does that only count as PC when it’s stuff you don’t agree with. :suspect:

Withano 04-11-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9680110)
No, I am saying that we should ensure that as a country we do not simply pay lip service to female equality by conveniently turning a blind eye to such abuses of it to appease certain groups. Not only is that downright distasteful it is illegal.

No I agree. Its very PC of us. Did we just make terrorism flourish?

Brillopad 04-11-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9680111)
No I agree. Its very PC of us. Did we just make terrorism flourish?

As we don’t see much in the way of female terrorism I would suggest that one type of PC has more influence than another. The bully boy wins again hey!

Withano 04-11-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9680114)
As we don’t see much in the way of female terrorism I would suggest that one type of PC has more influence than another. The bully boy wins again hey!

Wait what. Terrorists are like "oh wait theyre only pc in the sense that they want female equality, lets not blow them up today". Shut up! You cant have it both ways! Either terrorists hate pc, love pc, or they dont give a second thought to it! (my guess is the third).

Brillopad 04-11-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9680117)
Wait what. Terrorists are like "oh wait theyre only pc in the sense that they want female equality, lets not blow them up today". Shut up! You cant have it both ways! Either terrorists hate pc, love pc, or they dont give a second thought to it! (my guess is the third).

One word - IGNORE. :wavey:

Kazanne 04-11-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9680110)

I can't see how any one could disagree with this tbh.:wavey:

Brillopad 04-11-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 9679947)
The article isn't wrong that high numbers of immigration from incompatible cultures without even attempting integration is ... rather stupid. But why not blame it on crappy policies and idiot politicians rather than "political correctness"?

Better policies and politicians on both sides would undoubtedly help but PC emboldens would-be terrorists in my opinion. It helps give them ‘justification’ for their deeds.

Kizzy 04-11-2017 11:43 AM

If she hadn't used that nonsense blanket term I'd say she has a point.

Tom4784 04-11-2017 12:14 PM

I'd say poor pre-emptive responses are more of a problem in combating terrorism then people using terrorism as an excuse to spread their agenda.

I believe it was after one of the vehicular attacks this year where it was revealed that people at the attacker's mosque had made reports and complaints that he had been radicalised but nothing was done until it was too late and it highlighted an issue with whole 'see something, report it' approach that is promoted at mosques in that response times to tip offs are slow and actual action is not that common.

It's often said by ignorant people that 'muslims don't do enough' but what can they do if the authorities fail to act on leads that are provided?

James 05-11-2017 01:59 AM

I've twice deleted a rather lot of posts from this thread, as they were off-topic and about each.

The topic actually deserves to be taken more seriously than that, as it is about a report about a government expert that has researched the issue, rather than just, say, some columnist or commentator just sounding off about PC. You don't need to agree with the government person's statements, just put your own view.