ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=590)
-   -   Jack's future in the show in doubt after homophobic and racial slurs (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331053)

Denver 19-11-2017 09:51 PM

Jack's future in the show in doubt after homophobic and racial slurs

Quote:

I’M A Celebrity star Jack Maynard was forced to apologise for racist and homophobic slurs.

The YouTube sensation, 22, said he wanted to “do the internet proud” as he entered the ITV reality show.

But The Sun can reveal that on his official Twitter account he casually used the N-word and branded other users “retarded” and “********ts”.

In tweets dating back up to six years Jack, followed by 650,000 impressionable young fans, mocked gay men, called his friends the racist term and laughed at people with facial disfigurements.

In December 2012, he replied to two people using the phrase “retarded ********t”.

In another post in February 2013, he shot back at one critic: “hahaha shutup you ********t... By the way who hit you with a shovel?”

Jack Maynard has issued a full apology after we exposed the rant online
In one racist tweet, posted online in June 2011, he said he was “At alices with my n****s!” He also repeatedly calls people “retards”.

In one post he tweeted pics of people with deformities with comments “in his prime” and “Ahahahaha! Sooo funny!” On one image of a black man with bulging eyes he added: “looking greatttt!!”

As the ITV show launched to millions, Jack admitted the words he used were “inflammatory” and “insulting”.

A spokeswoman for the vlogger said: “Jack is ashamed of these tweets, many were deleted a long time ago.

"He would never use that language now and realises this kind of retaliatory, inflammatory, insulting language is completely unacceptable.”

An ITV spokeswoman said: “Jack has issued a full apology and has deleted the tweets that he sent.”
Josh Rivers, the editor of magazine Gay Times, was sacked last week for offensive tweets mocking gay people, homeless people and disabled children.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...elebrity-2017/

lewis111 19-11-2017 09:52 PM

Why am I not at all suprised

Wizard. 19-11-2017 09:57 PM

Hmm trash!

Maxxie. 19-11-2017 10:05 PM

He was literally 16 or something when he said these ****ing tweets, give him a break! A lot of kids talk like this ngl, it’s not the most PC but a lot of people can be called ******s or ******* without any derogatory intent (providing they aren’t gay or disabled) it’s just an insult teenagers give to take away someones identity, doesn’t mean they think there’s anything wrong with gay or disabled people.

Firewire 19-11-2017 10:06 PM

If Dan Wootton is offended then I'm happy those things have been said!

Jase. 19-11-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 9701015)

:joker:

MB. 19-11-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Here for him uncovering a tweet where Jack goes on a xenophobic rant about Kiwis

RileyH 19-11-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

:laugh2:

Mitchell 19-11-2017 10:12 PM

Tbh i dread to think what they’d find of mine when I was 15

Firewire 19-11-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 9701022)
Here for him uncovering a tweet where Jack goes on a xenophobic rant about Kiwis

I'll ghost-write it for him

GoldHeart 19-11-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 9700994)

:laugh3: was he a kid?? when he said these things? he'll still get to the final i bet :bored: , so predictable . This reminds me of Zoella another typical youtuber who's said offensive stuff on social media but has a huge fanbase .

This is why i say Youtubers shouldn't be put on a pedestal and idolised . It doesn't surprise me Jack is another immature ignorant pratt who has no filter when he speaks especially on twitter where that seems to be the place idiots like to show their true colours , or put their foot in it repeatedly :notimpressed: .

The real issue is that so many youngsters look up to these youtubers like they're role models when really they're just desperate attention seekers who gained fame by posting random videos online and by screwing up the youtube algorithm with clickbait , over tagging and doing stupid pranks . you know all the typical run of your mill easy guide for dummy's for anyone to get famous on youtube :idc: .

I don't know much about him but i get immature vibes, even if he's changed it still doesn't look good saying those things on social media of all places .

Amy Jade 19-11-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxxie-D (Post 9701013)
He was literally 16 or something when he said these ****ing tweets, give him a break! A lot of kids talk like this ngl, it’s not the most PC but a lot of people can be called ******s or ******* without any derogatory intent (providing they aren’t gay or disabled) it’s just an insult teenagers give to take away someones identity, doesn’t mean they think there’s anything wrong with gay or disabled people.

I have never called anyone the N word at any age :shrug:

RileyH 19-11-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 9701039)

this

LukeB 19-11-2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

so. age has nothing to with it, he said those vile words. 16 year olds are old enough to know what is right and what is wrong.

GoldHeart 19-11-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 9701039)

The average normal person usually hasn't ! :laugh2: . The stupid culture we have now though is everyone thinks it's somehow cool to use derogatory words and then use the excuse of "it's just a joke bro" :bored: . I think it's pathetic . Everywhere online trolls use offensive insults .

And it doesn't help when you hear it in songs , and from other youtubers and celebrities of different ethnicities saying it thinking it's ok just because they're black or mixedrace etc . When the truth is it's never ok no matter what colour you are :facepalm: seriously set a good example jeeez.

I've heard some people online and tv etc who can't even construct a sentence without using the N word literally every second and it's tedious to listen to :nono: .

Ant. 19-11-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

I don't really see how age is relevant?

I'm 17 (ha ha! so mature) and I'd never dare say that out loud, let alone tweet it for the whole world to see (maybe the fact I'm also gay and disabled has a part to play in that, or maybe it's because I learnt right from wrong and knew not to say anything offensive back in me wee primary school days all that time ago!)

The people my age who uses that language are scummy people in attitude and personality and there's very few people that use it, since people learn right from wrong at an early age. Hell, even if he was 12, I'd still hold him accountable. But the fact he was at an age were he was practically an adult and he thought it was acceptable to say those slurs is just unacceptable.

Did he mean offence? Well given the context of many (for example, to the reporter) of the tweets, he did. I remember Tom got a lot of flack during BB18 for a few throwaway comments with a gay slur, and while I'm still against what he said and I'm not saying it's "better", at least he didn't say them in a way which was intentionally offensive (as in, he didn't say that with the intent of hurting, despite the fact it's offensive as ****), whereas Jack here used them as insults, and given they're already offensive and he's repeatedly used them (I swear Tom used the word once, maybe twice?) I just can't possibly excuse him.

Could he have changed and realised what he said was wrong? Probably, four/five years changes a person, especially so young, but that doesn't change the fact he's said them and has been so vile and hasn't apologised (nor has he proven he's actually changed), so I'll forever have a low opinion on him until he does something about this

RileyH 19-11-2017 10:54 PM

We didn't need an essay

Ant. 19-11-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RileyHollyoaks (Post 9701076)
We didn't need an essay

BOG off I'm pressed! I'M SO SICK of ugly straight white men thinking they can say what they want cuz freedom of speech! He is literally so ugly and he's went in looking for love. ****BOY! Maybe he should use his dingo dollars to get some ****ing class the weirdo man.

Shaun 19-11-2017 11:09 PM

a YouTuber with a problematic past on social media? I am honestly lost for words!

Jase. 19-11-2017 11:12 PM

But yeah, SCUM, EJECT IT! Send Lady C back in.

GoldHeart 19-11-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 9701099)
a YouTuber with a problematic past on social media? I am honestly lost for words!

Alot of them have past scandals , and seem to comes across as childish & stupid with too much fame and money :bored: .

Ross. 19-11-2017 11:15 PM

Yas get ha out!

LukeB 19-11-2017 11:16 PM

Jack to come out of the jungle and scam his fans with an advert calender?

Ant. 19-11-2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 9701109)
Jack to come out of the jungle and scam his fans with an advert calender?

perched for my bank account to be down £50!

James 19-11-2017 11:20 PM

Some people on here better get deleting things, if they ever go on one of these shows(assuming mods haven't done it first). That's all I've got to say.