ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   19 year old male elected as labours womens officer (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331081)

Vicky. 20-11-2017 03:48 PM

19 year old male elected as labours womens officer

They helped to get a previous womens officer removed for 'transphobia' (officially the person resigned, but after a huge smear campaign against her). The transphobia was basically saying that female people have different life experiences to male people and have different needs. Being gender critical and thinking that men are not women is not transphobia.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/l...1c343ae147a9a9
Quote:

It is alleged that an unnamed fellow party member, who is a male supporter of the transgender activists but not transgender himself, has repeatedly tried to prevent Ms Ruzylo from voicing her concerns as a women’s officer at local Labour meetings. He is also accused of blocking her from taking part in discussions in online party forums and branded her a “Terf”— a derogatory term that stands for “trans exclusionary radical feminist” — in online forums for local Labour members.

Ms Ruzylo has also been the subject of three complaints accusing her of “transphobia”.

One of the complaints was made by Lily Madigan, a transgender teenager from Kent who made headlines last year when she threatened to sue her school for not letting her wear a female uniform. She demanded the immediate removal of Ms Ruzylo from her post and her suspension from the Labour Party, despite the fact that they were not from the same constituency. Ms Madigan, who was born male but identifies as a woman, said that she wanted Ms Ruzylo to be removed because she was offended by the “transphobic” tone of her personal Twitter account.

Last night Ms Madigan stood by her view and accused Ms Ruzylo of undermining “the Labour Party’s strong trans-equality policy.”
They have now been elected into the same position that they got an actual female sacked from. Despite being a 19 year old male person.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...f6558d7a1be5ba

Quote:

“Firstly, trans-women are women, women who are vastly more under-represented than most. We haven’t even had a transgender MP yet,” she said, adding that her “goal is to be the first one”. “Like most women, I’m a feminist. They aren’t mutually exclusive issues, far from it. I would argue strongly that all appeals to biology are anti-feminist. We can’t challenge the view we are limited by our biology in one breath and use the biology argument against trans women in the next.”
Feminist indeed. Removing a female from their position for looking out for the rights of females, and taking a job thats meant to be for ****ing females when actually male. Yes, saying we are 'limited' by our biology is wrong as being male or female does not stop one doing what they wish to do on the whole, or dressing how they want to dress. This does not mean biology is irrelevant and males are females, or vice versa. Its not anti-feminist to point out that males and females have their own separate issues that do not affect the other group. And that sex is relevant in many areas of life.

Misogynistic prick too by all accounts. Here is one of his youtube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6N_bv3BMgA&app=desktop

Being a woman is all about makeup and pretty things, yet again basically. Nothing to do with, you know, being female :rolleyes: Females are just hysterical and transphobic for not wanting people with dicks in the loos, changing rooms and such. As you know, having a dick does not mean one is not female (save the intersex replies please, its incredibly rare and nothing to do with trans)

Labour are dangerous close to losing my vote over this issue. Not just this appointment but a general view of this topic. I know Labour are liberal by nature. But they genuinely seem to not be able to see that this ideology is both misogynistic and homophobic overall :(

At least Jess Phillips seems to get it. I am hoping she can convince the rest of the MPs
https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_...nder-bill?pg=1

Check the replies to jess' tweet. Death threats galore. And a cult-like chant of 'transwomen ARE women'. Bull. Woman is an adult human female, and I am sick of trying to be polite on this matter tbh.

https://twitter.com/jessphillips/sta...93574011191296

Cannot believe only the times dare to report on this. Its pathetic really.

Niamh. 20-11-2017 03:53 PM

A 19 year old boy representing womens needs ...................oy vey

Vicky. 20-11-2017 03:53 PM

For clarity, the womans officer is to deal with matters such as (copied from PoppyJ1 on mumsnet https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_...s-officer?pg=1)

Menstrual health
Pregnancy
Childbirth
Miscarriage
Stillbirth
Abortion
FGM
Pay gap (often based on perception of reproductive capacity)
Misogyny
Breastfeeding
Hysterectomy

Which of these is a male person likely to have suffered, or understand in depth? Especially a 19 year old male person who thinks biology is irrelevant in all areas of life and to say sex matters is transphobic?

LeatherTrumpet 20-11-2017 03:58 PM

Menstrual health
Pregnancy
Childbirth
Miscarriage
Stillbirth
Abortion
FGM
Misogyny
Breastfeeding
Hysterectomy

Not the Truth's Google searches finally being released under the freedom of information act?

:omgno

Niamh. 20-11-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9701735)
Menstrual health
Pregnancy
Childbirth
Miscarriage
Stillbirth
Abortion
FGM
Misogyny
Breastfeeding
Hysterectomy

Not the Truth's Google searches finally being released under the freedom of information act?

:omgno

:laugh:

arista 20-11-2017 04:00 PM

Too young
Vicky

bitontheslide 20-11-2017 04:00 PM

to be fair, he is more qualified for the role than Dianne Abbot is for hers :laugh:

LeatherTrumpet 20-11-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 9701743)
to be fair, he is more qualified for the role than Dianne Abbot is for hers :laugh:

:joker:

arista 20-11-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

He has nor been on DP . BBC2HD
yet............................................... ...............

Oliver_W 20-11-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

So is Donald Trump.

Vicky. 20-11-2017 04:06 PM

Sorry I genuinely am starting to agree with others who say the labour party is a joke. I have been a lifelong labour supporter and a huge supporter of corbyn (as many on her eknow) but this issue is really really pissing me off.

Also, because of searches about this..I have learnt more about what Momentum actually do and are. I always thought they were just supporters of Corbyn, not a bully group. Thought those saying the latter were just being silly. I am now hoping for someone who is actually strong (and ****ing sensible, educated in basic biology would help too) to challenge Corbyn before the next election. I don't feel I can vote for Labour in its current condition. And would never ever vote Tory as they are just as bad on this issue, and also pretty evil when it comes to the disabled.

Oliver_W 20-11-2017 04:12 PM

Does Momentum have any official connection to Corbyn? Sure, they are trash, but do you want to stop supporting a politician you like over his followers?

Vicky. 20-11-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 9701768)
Does Momentum have any official connection to Corbyn? Sure, they are trash, but do you want to stop supporting a politician you like over his followers?

Its not just his followers, its his views also. He has 'drank the koolaid' more than anyone else. He refuses to define 'woman' yet claims males are females too. Its ****ing bonkers. I genuinely do feel this is THE issue to be concerned about right now. And all parties are letting me down. ****ing hell even the womans equality party says males are as much a woman as females. I feel I have fallen down a rabbit hole or something reading so many supposed intelligent people being so stupid.

Vicky. 20-11-2017 04:23 PM

I think I am in love with Hadley Freeman :laugh:

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...e_iOSApp_Other

Specifically

Quote:

Any man – and I have seen many online – who thinks he is proving his liberal credentials by shouting down women talking about these fears really needs to have a good long look at himself. Because this behaviour is – dare I point out the obvious? Dare I? – hideously patriarchal.
Quote:

LBC’s James O’Brien helpfully provided a doozy of an example last week, when a woman called in to his show to discuss gender and, after a discussion about the clothing choices of toddlers, O’Brien proceeded to make the conversation entirely about himself.

“Why would you feel uncomfortable getting changed in the room next to me?” he demanded.

“Because you’re a man,” she responded.

“What do you think I’m going to do? What are you worried about?” he asked. Because nothing proves women have nothing to fear from men than a man insisting he should be allowed to get naked next to her.

When the caller provided some statistics on voyeurism and an example of a male predator in a woman’s changing room, O’Brien called her “obsessed” and “paranoid” and claimed that all this fuss over changing rooms was silly because “every time you’re out in public, you’re at risk of sexual assault”. Yes, James, women are aware of that, and maybe that’s why many of them are concerned about taking their clothes off next to men?
This is what i think of Corbyn and his views tbh. Obviously anti-female. Its anti-female to say any male is a female, tbh. Totally disregarding how females were oppressed in general for thousands of years. And still are in many respects. Men attack women on a depressingly regular basis, especially sexually. To say women scared of this are 'transphobic' is profoundly anti-female. Owen ****ing Jones (someone I have regularly championed until recently) take note.

Vicky. 20-11-2017 04:27 PM

More on the james obrien thing, and sex segregation being very much needed here

https://fairplayforwomen.com/james-obrien-topshop

Quote:

In the UK where women have sex segregation, only 10% of sex crime (98% of which is committed by men, 90% of the victims of which are female) is opportunistic. In India, where there is no sex segregation, 90% of sex crime is opportunistic. The women’s liberation movement campaigned for single sex spaces so that women could have a PUBLIC LIFE. Read up on the history of the first women’s public toilet in London. Women were beaten in the streets for wanting that because women’s place was in the home. We are entitled to go about our lawful business without harassment from men, we are allowed to SAY NO TO PENIS in our private spaces. Traumatized women, raped women, religious women, lesbian women, shy women, teenage girls are ALLOWED BOUNDARIES. It’s not about you in the cubicle next to us, it’s about MEN. If you are denying that men are committing epidemic levels of violence and depravity against women and girls, all over the world, you are deluded. You might not be a violent man James, but you still benefit from women’s fear of all the men that are – sex attackers don’t wear a badge! Your lack of awareness of this fact has a name, feminists call it ‘male privilege’.

bitontheslide 20-11-2017 04:51 PM

do the research on Momentum Vicky and you can make your own mind up about them. People can argue till blue in the face, but the facts are all freely available.

Oliver_W 20-11-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 9701803)
do the research on Momentum Vicky and you can make your own mind up about them. People can argue till blue in the face, but the facts are all freely available.

She has researched Momentum, and didn't like what she found.

Northern Monkey 20-11-2017 05:04 PM

I do agree with you on the subject as a whole but that mums net thread(what i read of it)is packed full of misandrists too.They moan about being called ‘TERF SCUM’ while making sweeping generalisations about men as a whole.I think they’d get more male support if they dropped that stuff.
They call these trans people a cult while all agreeing and back patting each other.
There is a sense of irony that some of the more radical feminists/misandrists are getting back what they’ve been dishing out to men for so long.That’s certainly not to say that all feminists are misandrists.There are many moderates too.
I do agree though that there definitely seems to be some almost unresolvable problems between the self identifying trans people and womens roles and spaces.
Two ‘progressive’worlds are colliding.
The thing is that trans issues should’nt outweigh more than fifty percent of the populations rights.

Vicky. 20-11-2017 05:16 PM

I will stick up for the womens rights posters on mumsnet here and say that when they say men they tend to mean 'as a class' rather than all men. And its quite right that men (as a class) love talking over women.

I don't think acknowledging the systematic oppression of women by men makes one a misandrist. This obviously does not mean all men oppress women, but its ridiculous to deny that women are oppressed on the whole because of their female biology and the fact that biology also means we are weaker and the ones who bear children. And its those of the sex that sire children and are stronger and larger that do the oppressing of the other group.

This is pretty basic feminism tbh :S Acknowledging these facts, however uncomfortable this makes you.

Northern Monkey 20-11-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 9701823)
I will stick up for the womens rights posters on mumsnet here and say that when they say men they tend to mean 'as a class' rather than all men. And its quite right that men (as a class) love talking over women.

I don't think acknowledging the systematic oppression of women by men makes one a misandrist. This obviously does not mean all men oppress women, but its ridiculous to deny that women are oppressed on the whole because of their female biology and the fact that biology also means we are weaker and the ones who bear children. And its those of the sex that sire children and are stronger and larger that do the oppressing of the other group.

This is pretty basic feminism tbh :S Acknowledging these facts, however uncomfortable this makes you.

The issue there though with using language infering that ‘men are the problem’ is if you generalise like that about any other ‘class’ in society(except white People) I.E ‘women are the problem’,’muslims are the problem’,’trans people are the problem’ then you’re shouted down as sexist,racist,transphobic etc etc.
What makes feminists above being called out for the same generalising language?
That kind of stuff can just alienate male readers instead of making them more sympathetic.

Vicky. 20-11-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Monkey (Post 9701916)
The issue there though with using language infering that ‘men are the problem’ is if you generalise like that about any other ‘class’ in society(except white People) I.E ‘women are the problem’,’muslims are the problem’,’trans people are the problem’ then you’re shouted down as sexist,racist,transphobic etc etc.
What makes feminists above being called out for the same generalising language?
That kind of stuff can just alienate male readers instead of making them more sympathetic.

If there was overwhelming evidence that on any issue 'Muslims' or 'trans people' were the problem, I would have non issue with this being said?

When speaking of violence, and specifically sexual violence, you cannot deny that it is a very male issue on the whole. When talking of sex based oppression, you cannot deny that it has been (and is) males oppressing females by whatever means, not the other way around.

I do believe in 'male privilege' tbh. Sue me.

Northern Monkey 20-11-2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 9701940)
If there was overwhelming evidence that on any issue 'Muslims' or 'trans people' were the problem, I would have non issue with this being said?

When speaking of violence, and specifically sexual violence, you cannot deny that it is a very male issue on the whole. When talking of sex based oppression, you cannot deny that it has been (and is) males oppressing females by whatever means, not the other way around.

I do believe in 'male privilege' tbh. Sue me.

It’s really no different though.It could be argued that Islamic terrorism is a muslim problem and trans activists are a trans problem.

As for male privilege my opinion is that males could possibly be privileged in certain areas but then so are women.I’d say it’s pretty equal these days.Men and women are different and prosper in different areas and are oppressed in different ways too.

Withano 20-11-2017 07:14 PM

The job needed to go to someone though? Maybe they was the most qualified applicant? Men can learn about womens rights and laws etc too :shrug:

You kinda plucked out something controversial that was said, and suggested they dont deserve their title cos of your views on what was said.. but you surely understand that just as many (probably more) agree with what they said and disagree with what the previous officer said? I dont think thats a valid reason to exclude them, what was said is controversial - nobody will please everybody on a topic like that.

If they have a job of womens officer, then they should be thinking of m2f women too - like thats just logical.

Oliver_W 20-11-2017 07:20 PM

Vicky, you like Magdalen Berns - in one of her videos, I believe she said transwomen assault women at the exact same rate as other males, but I can't remember the exact quote or context, and if she sourced it, any ideas?

Vicky. 20-11-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 9701969)
Vicky, you like Magdalen Berns - in one of her videos, I believe she said transwomen assault women at the exact same rate as other males, but I can't remember the exact quote or context, and if she sourced it, any ideas?

https://gendertrender.wordpress.com/...sgender-males/

Also in prison, transwomen are massively over represented.

https://fairplayforwomen.com/transgender-prisoners

Which leads me to conclude, that being a trans actually INCREASES the risk of sex offending. Rather than decreases, as is usually claimed by activists