ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The 'Total Drama' Franchise is RUINED (@Epic, Lilbro) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332194)

Morgan. 19-12-2017 04:47 PM

The 'Total Drama' Franchise is RUINED (@Epic, Lilbro)

Quote:

Teletoon in Canada and Cartoon Network in the US have teamed up with Fresh TV in Canada and Cake in the UK for a new instalment in the Total Drama animation franchise.

Total Drama Daycare (52×11′) is currently in production and will re-introduce characters from the original Total Drama series as toddlers.

It will premiere on Turner-owned Cartoon Network in the US and Corus Entertainment-owned Teletoon in Canada in 2018.

The franchise was created by Fresh TV’s Tom McGillis and Jennifer Pertsch and began with Total Drama Island in 2007.

This has been followed up by Total Drama Action, Total Drama World Tour, Total Drama: Revenge of the Island, Total Drama All-Stars and Total Drama: Pahkitew Island.
http://www.c21media.net/cn-teletoon-...o-total-drama/

Epic. 19-12-2017 04:48 PM

Wanted to make a thread about it earlier buut yeah, in a word; painful

Morgan. 19-12-2017 04:49 PM

The whole point of TD was it's satirical (I think that's the word) spin on Reality TV and how it mimicked the likes of Big Brother, Survivor and The Amazing Race. This should've never happened. It can no longer be taken seriously.

Morgan. 19-12-2017 04:54 PM

I want to believe this is just a working title and a bit of a 'prank' but the fact they've posted art for it AND done a press release with details makes me worried.

RileyH 19-12-2017 05:03 PM

I like the idea tbh

Morgan. 19-12-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleigh Dockley (Post 9744759)
I like the idea tbh

Yeah you can leave

Jay28jay2 19-12-2017 05:18 PM

what... im actually going to cry

RileyH 19-12-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpookyJimChristmas (Post 9744769)
Yeah you can leave

no

Ant. 20-12-2017 03:18 PM

Tbh I'm with Riley. I think this is a perfect way to get all the cast together and allows all the cast to interact for 53 episodes, with no eliminations this means friendships and relationships can develop a lot, and while I love the challenges, I think seeing different characters we've known and loved for over a decade interact will be great!! (Beth and Izzy have no notable interaction yet we know they're together in the same season this time so we could be seeing them interact!!)

Besides, this could be the only way we'll see Ezekiel and Dakota in human form again, if they are in it. I personally find that interesting!! Dakota's development got good until they threw it away to make some stupid point that you don't need to be typically beautiful to be happy or whatevz.

Idk like... friendships such as Courtney and LeShawna were established back in TDI with no interaction between those characters, and given this will be in a non-competitive environment with no eliminations, we could see these sorta interactions

Morgan. 20-12-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

"Total Drama Daycare re-introduces favorite cast members like loveable Owen and uptight Courtney but ages them down from teenagers to toddlers. While the cast may be pint-sized, their teen personalities are fully-formed with the voices we know and love and each episode is packed with dream sequences, cutaways, visual jokes, confessionals and flashbacks. So, whether it’s using Uber to have a Ferris Bueller-style day off or scaring away a new teacher, our cast is ready to scale the walls, hack the school computer and do whatever it takes, because make no mistake... these toddlers are here to PLAY!"
A new bio for it.

Morgan. 20-12-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sAnt.a Clause (Post 9745569)
Tbh I'm with Riley. I think this is a perfect way to get all the cast together and allows all the cast to interact for 53 episodes, with no eliminations this means friendships and relationships can develop a lot, and while I love the challenges, I think seeing different characters we've known and loved for over a decade interact will be great!! (Beth and Izzy have no notable interaction yet we know they're together in the same season this time so we could be seeing them interact!!)

Besides, this could be the only way we'll see Ezekiel and Dakota in human form again, if they are in it. I personally find that interesting!! Dakota's development got good until they threw it away to make some stupid point that you don't need to be typically beautiful to be happy or whatevz.

Idk like... friendships such as Courtney and LeShawna were established back in TDI with no interaction between those characters, and given this will be in a non-competitive environment with no eliminations, we could see these sorta interactions

Yeah I get what you mean in a way but I think it's wrong for the Direction of the show. Fans were eager for more competitive environments because it's what the show is a ll about and now a lot of the original fans have grown up (like I was 10ish when I started watching) they don't want to see a bunch of toddlers in 10 minute episodes, they want to see the game again. It's marketed towards the same audience but how old they were when it began not now.

When it first started, I'd have loved this. Now, it's not something I'll be keen to watch.

Ant. 20-12-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpookyJimChristmas (Post 9745573)
Yeah I get what you mean in a way but I think it's wrong for the Direction of the show. Fans were eager for more competitive environments because it's what the show is a ll about and now a lot of the original fans have grown up (like I was 10ish when I started watching) they don't want to see a bunch of toddlers in 10 minute episodes, they want to see the game again. It's marketed towards the same audience but how old they were when it began not now.

When it first started, I'd have loved this. Now, it's not something I'll be keen to watch.

Assuming this isn't the 6th season and the 6th season is, in fact, is on its way, I'm not too fussed, knowing we'll see them all in a competitive environment. RR was a great season, and I'm glad they got some cross-team interaction despite the nature of the show, but I honestly feel like the social aspect of the show has been lacking in recent seasons, which is why I'm glad about this season in a sense?
I started watching when I was 8 and it's surreal to think I'm 18 in 9 months (so like, when the season starts) yet I'm welcoming this direction, personally.
Ideally I would prefer this idea to be a series of shorts that run along a competitive all-star season, but I think a full season will be a nice breath of air for those sick of Chris' over the top behaviour, cliche antagonists, and some repeated ideas. Chef gets to take the limelight, the antagonist will be fresh (If there is one, the playground environment will encourage an antagonist that is not manipulative for the sake of the competition, but because they're a bully, which is a tad weird to say and admit but it'll be different!!), and we won't see cliff diving for the upteenth time.

Am I overly optimistic? Maybe, but I believe this is a great direction for what it could be setting out to achieve

RileyH 20-12-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sAnt.a Clause (Post 9745569)
Tbh I'm with Riley.

:angel:

Ant. 20-12-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleigh Dockley (Post 9745581)
:angel:

Although I'm low-key not with you because I want a Lindsay and Courtney final 2 and the lack of eliminations meaans this aint gonna happen :(

Morgan. 20-12-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sAnt.a Clause (Post 9745579)
Assuming this isn't the 6th season and the 6th season is, in fact, is on its way, I'm not too fussed, knowing we'll see them all in a competitive environment. RR was a great season, and I'm glad they got some cross-team interaction despite the nature of the show, but I honestly feel like the social aspect of the show has been lacking in recent seasons, which is why I'm glad about this season in a sense?
I started watching when I was 8 and it's surreal to think I'm 18 in 9 months (so like, when the season starts) yet I'm welcoming this direction, personally.
Ideally I would prefer this idea to be a series of shorts that run along a competitive all-star season, but I think a full season will be a nice breath of air for those sick of Chris' over the top behaviour, cliche antagonists, and some repeated ideas. Chef gets to take the limelight, the antagonist will be fresh (If there is one, the playground environment will encourage an antagonist that is not manipulative for the sake of the competition, but because they're a bully, which is a tad weird to say and admit but it'll be different!!), and we won't see cliff diving for the upteenth time.

Am I overly optimistic? Maybe, but I believe this is a great direction for what it could be setting out to achieve

I think this is the 6/7/8th season, whichever people refer to it as :worry:

RileyH 20-12-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sAnt.a Clause (Post 9745583)
Although I'm low-key not with you because I want a Lindsay and Courtney final 2 and the lack of eliminations meaans this aint gonna happen :(

omg they're my favourites :love:

Morgan. 20-12-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleigh Dockley (Post 9745587)

Can you have a Courtney set next please :love:

Ant. 20-12-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleigh Dockley (Post 9745587)

Heather > Eva > Gwen > Lindsay > Courtney > Izzy > Bridgette > LeShawna > Sadie > Katie > Beth > Sierra

RileyH 20-12-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sAnt.a Clause (Post 9745590)
Heather > Eva > Gwen > Lindsay > Courtney > Izzy > Bridgette > LeShawna > Sadie > Katie > Beth > Sierra

lmao @ Eva and Gwen being above Lindsay, Courtney, Izzy, LeShawna and WHY is Sierra last :suspect:

Ant. 20-12-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpookyJimChristmas (Post 9745589)
Can you have a Courtney set next please :love:

As if Riley made that gifser!

http://mytotaluniverse.tumblr.com/po...le-contestants
https://78.media.tumblr.com/7682ab14...jbno4_1280.gif

RileyH 20-12-2017 03:44 PM

Blaineley was lowkey the best thing about World Tour
http://78.media.tumblr.com/7b209e35c...6jbno2_540.gif

Epic. 20-12-2017 03:44 PM

Josee > Everyone

Ant. 20-12-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleigh Dockley (Post 9745592)
lmao @ Eva and Gwen being above Lindsay, Courtney, Izzy, LeShawna and WHY is Sierra last :suspect:

Gwen is great representation of goths and is the closest thing you'll get of LGBT+ representation! Also she is amazing that's the tea

Eva is beautiful and strong and has armpit hair!! Also she's just the best :)

Sierra is wasted potential. A late entrant who knows everything about all her contestants?? NICE!! Prime antagonist material! But no we just see HER obsess over the TWINks of Total Drama like?? SHE could've been the antagonist of tdas and develop independently from Cody but no she was just a creepy stalker who knows no boundaries like get a life hen!

Epic. 20-12-2017 03:45 PM

Apart from Josee: Courtney, Heather, Sierra, Jacques, and Harold :love::love::love:

Ant. 20-12-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleigh Dockley (Post 9745596)
Blaineley was lowkey the best thing about World Tour
http://78.media.tumblr.com/7b209e35c...6jbno2_540.gif

I'm not ashamed to admit that I want to see her again!! She was a mess in her two episode stint