ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements / Suggestions / Help (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Would You Want a Love & Relationships Section? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333711)

Maru 14-01-2018 06:47 PM

Would You Want a Love & Relationships Section?

Seems like a pretty big topic on this forum. We've had this at forums and it kept pretty busy in off-topic and was pretty easy to generate topics in. Anything that would compete with SD in off-season I think would be nice addition.

Maybe edit the title in some way to make it LGBT+ friendly?...

Adding a poll.

Jordan. 14-01-2018 06:48 PM

A lonely hearts section would be more appropriate

Jamie89 14-01-2018 08:31 PM

I don't see why not. You sometimes get people making threads asking for dating advice and things and there isn't really a section for it (and there'd probably be more of that sort of stuff if there was).

caprimint 14-01-2018 08:59 PM

Yeah this would be quite a good idea actually

Shaun 14-01-2018 09:20 PM

General chat and chat and games seem more than appropriate for such stuff.

Smithy 14-01-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 9794004)
A lonely hearts section would be more appropriate

Gahhhhh

Jessica. 14-01-2018 09:36 PM

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea, the private chat section is good enough too though.

Smithy 14-01-2018 09:38 PM

Tbh tho, even if there was a section like this, I wouldn’t be comfortable (personally) discussing my love life with strangers on the internet

Maru 14-01-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 9794731)
Tbh tho, even if there was a section like this, I wouldn’t be comfortable (personally) discussing my love life with strangers on the internet

Most of the time it wasn't personal details.. well, outside of likes/dislikes. But it did include chat about issues you were having with friends, family, just normal relationship stuff...could always make it & Sexuality... might get some of the people out of SD talking about that stuff that don't normally talk to the chat sections.

We also ran man/female, gay/lesbian threads in there too... share our likes and dislikes, sometimes softcore/pinups :P, etc. Maybe we could add "& Sexuality" to the title...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 9794729)
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea, the private chat section is good enough too though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 9794689)
General chat and chat and games seem more than appropriate for such stuff.

I was thinking something a lot more thoughtfully (not quite intellectual) engaging than just casual chat. The private chat is too clique-y.

Anyway it is just a thought and was curious what other people felt. I don't know that it'd be actually done.

caprimint 14-01-2018 11:27 PM

Just ban Lilbro from it and it's fine

Wizard. 15-01-2018 12:03 AM

No I’ve had enough of Lucas’ Grindr hookup talk in the private chat thread I don’t need to have a section dedicated to it!

caprimint 15-01-2018 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley. (Post 9794934)
No I’ve had enough of Lucas’ Grindr hookup talk in the private chat thread I don’t need to have a section dedicated to it!

:joker:

LeatherTrumpet 15-01-2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maru (Post 9793996)
Seems like a pretty big topic on this forum. We've had this at forums and it kept pretty busy in off-topic and was pretty easy to generate topics in. Anything that would compete with SD in off-season I think would be nice addition.

Maybe edit the title in some way to make it LGBT+ friendly?...

Adding a poll.

what is unfriendly to LGBTists about love and relationships?

:shrug:

Niamh. 15-01-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 9794729)

Yeah I agree with this tbh I wouldn't post about that stuff on TiBB at all though

Maru 15-01-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9795061)
what is unfriendly to LGBTists about love and relationships?

:shrug:

Nothing really, it's just a major topic generator on here so it's a good idea to make a special zone for it specifically

LeatherTrumpet 15-01-2018 09:42 AM

I do feel that I could be called upon in this section to give sage advice to the young and foolhardy, drawing on my wide and varied love and relationship experience

:think:

Maru 15-01-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Yeah but then your private chat thread won't have those chats polluting them as much, so it actually clears up the TiBB lounge... since they'll have a new place to go :laugh:

Maru 15-01-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9795153)
I do feel that I could be called upon in this section to give sage advice to the young and foolhardy, drawing on my wide and varied love and relationship experience

:think:

Oh so that's where your name Leather Trumpet came from... :smug::laugh:

Black Dagger 21-01-2018 02:39 AM

Quote:

**** off hoe