ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB21 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=725)
-   -   Shane j dressing as courtney for tasks and other peoples evictions (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335067)

parmnion 31-01-2018 06:54 AM

Shane j dressing as courtney for tasks and other peoples evictions

Why?

Seems fake and attention seeking to me.

Smithy 31-01-2018 06:56 AM

He’s a drag queen he’s going to get dressed up for big events, how is that fake?

parmnion 31-01-2018 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 9838587)
He’s a drag queen he’s going to get dressed up for big events, how is that fake?

Hes a man first...the drag act is fake..like him or hate him that cant be denied...seems like a lot of effort just to be told you are a spice girl...but of course he knew all that before hand or he wouldnt have gotten dressed up...he was tipped of by bb.

ethanjames 31-01-2018 07:02 AM

it means that he wants to dress up,,,, because hes a drag queen,,,, why is it that deep

AnnieK 31-01-2018 07:09 AM

Yeah I don't think its a big deal. Its part of his character and he knows its parts that will definitely be shown in the HLs show or is live so he will dress up. Not a big deal imo

parmnion 31-01-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 9838599)
Yeah I don't think its a big deal. Its part of his character and he knows its parts that will definitely be shown in the HLs show or is live so he will dress up. Not a big deal imo

But he becomes a different person as courtney which i find really fake to be honest.

Morgan. 31-01-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 9838605)
But he becomes a different person as courtney which i find really fake to be honest.

You need to watch Drag Race then, to learn that when they're in drag their female persona is a sort of alter-ego.

Ammi 31-01-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 9838605)

...I think like with Paul O’Grady when he becomes Lily Savage, it’s not ‘fake’ as such, Lily is just a different aspect to him, which is entertainment also but with drag queens or some drag queens...?...there may be some aspects of confidence attached as well in that Shane J may become Courtney for eviction nights because he’s more aware of being viewed by the public in those live situations...and then also if he is facing eviction himself, like he was last night.../...that extra bit of confidence of walking out into an ‘unknown reception and perception’, which I think they mostly all feel...

bitontheslide 31-01-2018 07:32 AM

its the equivalent of wearing a mask. I wouldn't particularly criticise him for that as thats his day job. I have many things i dislike about him before that gets to top of the list. I do find it pretty boring and uninteresting though.

luvjustin 31-01-2018 07:44 AM

I really don’t think his personality changes all that much when he’s in drag. Most of the best drag acts don’t. You spend a long in in drag. It would be hard to keep up a full on character. Which is why I’m not a great fan of people like BenDeLaCreme who change their voice etc.. (although she has full on swung me round this season of All Stars. Killing it so far)

luvjustin 31-01-2018 07:46 AM

Oh and.. calm down. Stop being shocked that a person who’s whole working life is DRAG wants to be in drag when it’s most likely to be on TV.

Girl’s gotta make dem coins!

parmnion 31-01-2018 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvjustin (Post 9838624)
Oh and.. calm down. Stop being shocked that a person who’s whole working life is DRAG wants to be in drag when it’s most likely to be on TV.

Girl’s gotta make dem coins!

Its a pity jess doesnt think like that.

bitontheslide 31-01-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 9838627)

:joker::nono:

Ammi 31-01-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvjustin (Post 9838621)
I really don’t think his personality changes all that much when he’s in drag. Most of the best drag acts don’t. You spend a long in in drag. It would be hard to keep up a full on character. Which is why I’m not a great fan of people like BenDeLaCreme who change their voice etc.. (although she has full on swung me round this season of All Stars. Killing it so far)

...yeah this is why I don’t get the ‘fake’ bit because his personality doesn’t really change very much...maybe a bit more confident as Courtney, I don’t know but he doesn’t adopt any new character traits that Shane J doesn’t have...

...it may be that it could be described as the equivalent of ‘wearing a mask’ in terms of that extra bit of confidence, but I think I think for Shane in terms of being Courtney for eviction nights, it’s probably no different to any of the females doing their full face make up, doing their hair etc and wearing their best outfits which they have brought in for such occasions of wanting to feel all glammed up...

luvjustin 31-01-2018 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 9838627)

To be fair a glamour model walking round all day in a bikini would make perfect sense. That’s her business. They don’t go on Big Brother for fun. It makes sense that they would use it to their advantage.

Maybe not getting yours baps out in the year of the woman though aye.. :joker:

Alf 31-01-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 9838609)
You need to watch Drag Race then, to learn that when they're in drag their female persona is a sort of alter-ego.

A bit like Superman?

It's good to know he doesn't live his life in a fantasy World!:crazy:

joeysteele 31-01-2018 08:14 AM

Why on earth should he not, if he wishes to.
It's a major part of his life.

Sorry I fail to see any logical reason for questioning as to why or when be desires to become Courtney.
It's his decision.

LeatherTrumpet 31-01-2018 08:16 AM

He cant face the public and Emma as who he really is

I think this whole "courtney" thing is to do with a deep self-loathing

Nicky91 31-01-2018 08:16 AM

who cares :sleep: :sleep: and btw the millionth Shane J thread :bored:

LeatherTrumpet 31-01-2018 08:17 AM

And if he wins he should not be allowed to pretend to be someone else for the interview, if I was Emma i would refuse to interview him unless he wipes off the silly make up etc

GoldHeart 31-01-2018 08:17 AM

He's a drag queen so that's what he does, however yes he loves the attention :sleep: .

LeatherTrumpet 31-01-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 9838650)
who cares :sleep: :sleep: and btw the millionth Shane J thread :bored:

why not make one of your great ones about Ashley then?

Nicky91 31-01-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9838653)
why not make one of your great ones about Ashley then?

i will :amazed:

joeysteele 31-01-2018 08:24 AM

He can be whoever he wants for his final interview and he went into the house as Courtney anyway.
Whether he decides to leave as Shane J or Courtney is entirely his decision,no one elses.

Emma and Rylan have to interview him no matter the identity he chooses.
It's ridiculous to infer one or both should not and only interview him as Shane.

Really odd that there is even an issue as to him becoming Courtney.
Very odd.

Greg! 31-01-2018 08:30 AM

That's his CAREER and what he's known for omfg. And who cares if its attention seeking? NOT ME that's for sure