ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   16 year old charged with babys murder (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335763)

Cherie 14-02-2018 01:35 PM

16 year old charged with babys murder

https://policehour.co.uk/2018/02/bab...-six-week-old/

This is horrible, not sure if the couple were in care, there was some mention that they were in a unit, but it looks like the Mum is 18 and the Dad 16, the baby suffered serious injuries including a bite to the nose

arista 14-02-2018 01:35 PM

Yes Evil.

Niamh. 14-02-2018 01:37 PM

Jesus, the poor little thing

Cherie 14-02-2018 01:37 PM

he 16-year-old – who cannot be named for legal reasons – appeared at Southampton Magistrates' Court today supported by his mum.
Detectives had charged the boy on Tuesday night. An 18-year-old woman was arrested but then released under investigation.
Police and paramedics were called at 5.05am on Sunday, February 11, to Defender Road, Southampton, after reports a child needed medical attention.
The baby was taken to Southampton General Hospital where he later died.
Dan O'Neill, prosecuting, told the court the baby had suffered "a bite to the nose and injuries to the head".
“Love you”
Teenager to mum as he left the court
District Judge Lorraine Morgan adjourned the case for the next hearing to be held at Winchester Crown Court on Thursday and ordered the defendant to be held in youth detention accommodation until then.
She told him: "The case will be sent to Winchester Crown Court, you will be remanded into secure accommodation until that appearance."
As the teenager was led from court, he said to his mother "love you" to which she replied: "Love you, darling."

:idc:

Vicky. 14-02-2018 01:39 PM

Oh god, a bite to the nose and injuries to the head, thats horrific :(

Toy Soldier 14-02-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9869668)
he 16-year-old – who cannot be named for legal reasons – appeared at Southampton Magistrates' Court today supported by his mum.
Detectives had charged the boy on Tuesday night. An 18-year-old woman was arrested but then released under investigation.
Police and paramedics were called at 5.05am on Sunday, February 11, to Defender Road, Southampton, after reports a child needed medical attention.
The baby was taken to Southampton General Hospital where he later died.
Dan O'Neill, prosecuting, told the court the baby had suffered "a bite to the nose and injuries to the head".
“Love you”
Teenager to mum as he left the court
District Judge Lorraine Morgan adjourned the case for the next hearing to be held at Winchester Crown Court on Thursday and ordered the defendant to be held in youth detention accommodation until then.
She told him: "The case will be sent to Winchester Crown Court, you will be remanded into secure accommodation until that appearance."
As the teenager was led from court, he said to his mother "love you" to which she replied: "Love you, darling."

:idc:

To be fair Cherie, I'd think that the vast majority of parents wouldn't stop loving their children, no matter what they had done.

montblanc 14-02-2018 03:04 PM

truly an evil human being

Cherie 14-02-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 9869724)
To be fair Cherie, I'd think that the vast majority of parents wouldn't stop loving their children, no matter what they had done.

I think I would struggle to respond if my son had bitten the nose off my grandchild, we don’t know the details but unless he is special needs then I really would be wondering where I went wrong rather than reassuring him

Amy Jade 14-02-2018 03:29 PM

I know I don't have kids or anything but I think I would disown any child if they hurt their own baby

Toy Soldier 14-02-2018 03:46 PM

It's a horrendous situation and it's impossible to imagine, I agree, but there's vast amounts of evidence to suggest that most parents of criminals (even the ones who have done unthinkable things) still write to / visit / continue to love their children regardless. It doesn't mean that they accept or excuse their actions, or don't wonder where they went wrong, or don't think their child deserves to be in prison. I guess that's the whole "unconditional love" part of parenting. People still love offspring who have badly injured or even attempted to murder them. Obviously, that's something that this person was obviously lacking entirely, and harmed his own child instead of being there to protect it like he should have been. I still don't see that as a reason to suggest that his own mother should now "hate" him or cease to love him. What does that achieve?

Kazanne 14-02-2018 03:51 PM

It's disgusting,poor little baby,what chance did he have with parents like that,people like this should not be allowed to have kids at all,they are scum, and no doubt they will offered all the help they can get,bastards,need to suffer for a lifetime.

Cherie 14-02-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 9869776)
It's a horrendous situation and it's impossible to imagine, I agree, but there's vast amounts of evidence to suggest that most parents of criminals (even the ones who have done unthinkable things) still write to / visit / continue to love their children regardless. It doesn't mean that they accept or excuse their actions, or don't wonder where they went wrong, or don't think their child deserves to be in prison. I guess that's the whole "unconditional love" part of parenting. People still love offspring who have badly injured or even attempted to murder them. Obviously, that's something that this person was obviously lacking entirely, and harmed his own child instead of being there to protect it like he should have been. I still don't see that as a reason to suggest that his own mother should now "hate" him or cease to love him. What does that achieve?

I don’t doubt that parents forgive their kinds and obviously can’t turn off love, that said, that baby was alive on Sunday, so to be so supportive three days later smacks of some kind of coldness towards the baby, as a grandparent I think personally you would be more protective especially of a newborn than you would your almost adult child